homepage

Constellation variants available in Hangar

Posted By: K6_Scorpion

Constellation variants available in Hangar - 08/16/14 04:21 AM

The new RSI Constellation variants are available in the store/hangar. Constellation Phoenix is a limited ship (5K hulls or Monday whichever is first)

Posted By: Master

Re: Constellation variants available in Hangar - 08/16/14 06:45 AM

Take note that the Aquila does not come with a p52 fighter.
Posted By: bogusheadbox

Re: Constellation variants available in Hangar - 08/16/14 09:15 PM

Did you note the rover. Nothing has been said or mentioned by RSI until now about any sort of ground exploration or large open areas.

Interesting

Scott Manley has a vid of the inside of the phoenix and ads some food for thought questions about these variants in case any are thinking of buying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZqKNlRK7yg&list=UUxzC4EngIsMrPmbm6Nxvb-A
Posted By: Villicus

Re: Constellation variants available in Hangar - 08/17/14 01:26 AM

I picked up the Aquila mainly for the better view up front.

Re: Constellation variants available in Hangar - 08/17/14 03:59 AM

That is a nice view up front on the Aquila. You can add the P-52 to the Aquila, per the brochure, it just doesn't come with it in standard kit. Per the info in the brochures:

"Every Constellation is prefitted for an expansion station — you can
choose and purchase from our upcoming range of options, including command, exploration and entertainment."

It'll be interesting to see what we can change.

I thought I recalled Chris saying something about ground exploration in one of the "10 for the Chairman" sessions. Something to the affect of not vast and not everywhere, but could be available in selected areas.
Posted By: Mace71

Re: Constellation variants available in Hangar - 08/17/14 03:49 PM

That's one ugly ship! Looks like loads of bits just thrown together.
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: Constellation variants available in Hangar - 08/18/14 02:02 PM

Someone recorded the live stream on Friday, my Twitch stream cut out at the start of this so seeing it now was my first time.
Multiplayer on the Connie:

Re: Constellation variants available in Hangar - 08/18/14 05:36 PM

To be honest I do not see the point in upgrade from the base constellation. Just about every one of the new version is a step down in some way.

Re: Constellation variants available in Hangar - 08/18/14 06:51 PM

Well the Taurus makes a nice entry point to a larger multi crew ship than the Freelancer

Re: Constellation variants available in Hangar - 08/18/14 08:12 PM

But what makes it a step up from the original Constellation package?

Re: Constellation variants available in Hangar - 08/19/14 05:19 PM

The price is at least a step down at $150, but only if you are just buying the stand alone ship. It's the $5 to convert from the original package that I have trouble with, seeing as that package was originally $250 and now $275 then another $5 on top, thanks but no thanks.
Posted By: kestrel79

Re: Constellation variants available in Hangar - 08/19/14 09:03 PM

Looks fun. I have no need to buy one now, but I'll gladly crew on someone's as a gunner or p-52 pilot. Docking the p-52 inside the Connie better be manual, it sounds like a lot of fun.

Any screens or art of the p-72 that's available on the luxury model only?

Re: Constellation variants available in Hangar - 08/20/14 01:38 AM

No images of the P-72 at this time, sadly. It's so early in the development of the game, my purchases are just made on (in my eyes) cool factor. The majority of my ships are non LTI, so it doesn't bother me to melt them. I can see what you're saying about bits and pieces looking, Mace, but it looks interesting to me.

Trading and exploration are what I'm thinking (at the moment) that I'll be doing in the PU, but that may change as the game development progresses. Looking at the payload of the Taurus and the price around the same as the Freelancer Max... I'm close to getting one, but since it's still unusable and one of the items available anytime, I'll wait to see what else is available until such time as we can start using the multicrew ships.

With all the new information released at Gamesconn, I'm getting even more charged up about the game smile

Re: Constellation variants available in Hangar - 08/20/14 08:27 AM

The letter for the two stretch goals is up and a link to the Gamescom presentation with it too
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14089-Letter-From-The-Chairman

© 2024 SimHQ Forums