homepage

A nice and pretty video

Posted By: bogusheadbox

A nice and pretty video - 08/08/14 11:26 AM

Well the artwork is beautiful, now, lets hope they get proper physics in for the ship (as in Newtonian flight)

Posted By: EAF331 MadDog

Re: A nice and pretty video - 08/08/14 08:07 PM

I forget, has ROberts promised newtonian flight? If so, I assume it'll be added eventually.

if not, I hope he takes a page from Frontier about ED as mentioned in here:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3991745/New_players_wanting_to_make_ED#Post3991745
Posted By: Peally

Re: A nice and pretty video - 08/08/14 08:11 PM

New game or an expansion to something?

Also what's up with the lust for Newtonian physics in every new space game? Just curious, I never saw the attraction.
Posted By: Quickcord

Re: A nice and pretty video - 08/08/14 09:05 PM

Part of Star Citizen. There will be a persistent universe eventually.

Quickcord
Posted By: Mace71

Re: A nice and pretty video - 08/09/14 01:24 PM

Looks very nice BUT this is something that should come after the actual main part of the game is sorted ie. the flying and fighting in space bit...

Do they actually have a plan laid out or do they just say one morning "Ooo having building on a planet to walk around would be cool! Let's do that!" The PC dates on those clips were April and May and they still haven't shown us anything decent for the main reason for the game - SPACE FLIGHT AND COMBAT. DFM is no way good, no TIR support and I have to use voodoo to get my X55 to work in it.

Apparently there have been a couple of updates but I can't be bothered to update for "We made the ships look even shinier!" Give us real updates and I'll bother.
Posted By: Peally

Re: A nice and pretty video - 08/09/14 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Quickcord
Part of Star Citizen. There will be a persistent universe eventually.

Quickcord

In that case I'll come back in 20 years when the game is actually playable biggrin
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: A nice and pretty video - 08/10/14 04:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Peally

Also what's up with the lust for Newtonian physics in every new space game? Just curious, I never saw the attraction.

Agreed. The idea of fighters in space is out there too IMO, but if you're going to do it, fun should come before realism. Diaspora got it just right, a blended compromise.
Posted By: bogusheadbox

Re: A nice and pretty video - 08/10/14 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite
Originally Posted By: Peally

Agreed. The idea of fighters in space is out there too IMO, but if you're going to do it, fun should come before realism. Diaspora got it just right, a blended compromise.

In relation to flight physics. Not talking KSP with guns. I am talking about the ability for vectored flight. Aka evochron. I.e. have your "computer dampened" flight mode which gives you the arcadey flying through air in space feel. But also have the ability to add thrust in any direction whilst moving in another.

Its not hard. Its been in games for ages but adds a little more immersion, not that you have to enter that flight mode. I have not played diaspora or elite, so I can't make any compromises there.

As for being promised, well yes, CR and team have mentioned it, there is even key assignments with the word Newtonian in it, but its not there yet.

As for the ground portion of the fame, as far as I understand it that is being developed by a separate tam working in tandem with the development of the rest f the game.

Anyhow, great artwork, lets just hope the gameplay is a little more involved than the boring fly a plane in space mechanic
© 2024 SimHQ Forums