Ill throw some videos up soon too.
Posted By: Para_Bellum

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/29/13 11:15 PM

Downloading...

whoohoo
Posted By: CTR69

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/30/13 12:12 AM

Since SC are too cluttered right now:

Everything works great. Patched, quick download speed, install. Even the game itself runs on my ancient dual-core e8400 with 4GB of ram. So those min specs are more of a future-iterations guideline. For a dogfighting module and onwards. Stability is not an issue. No connection errors whatsoever

This is all in the discount module:

-AA seems to be disabled, but i do run SC in crossfire mode.
-The picture itself is quite dark and there's no gamma option.
-there's no upgrade console we've seen in the gamescom demo
-cannot enter into Aurora on the starboard side, i guess they designed only one door. 300i has doors on both sides.
-no access to the back end in the Aurora
-buggy ladder interactions
-i have no idea how to close 300i doors once i'm in or out of the ship. All i'm getting are climb-in and out sequences.
-300i bubble canopy visibility is exceptional, but you cannot move your head more than 80 degrees left/right. So no looking over your shoulder.
Posted By: Brennus

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/30/13 12:24 AM

matrix
Posted By: Master

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/30/13 12:52 AM

here is the constellation or it will be once YT processes it. I'll upload more as I go.

Posted By: FearlessFrog

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/30/13 01:15 AM

Cool. I had forgotten about this, and went to enlist and then apparently I did purchase a couple of ships when it was first on kickstarter. 'Account already found' etc.

For the login id on the sign in page, is that an email address or a name I must have given? I did the 'forgot password' thing, but I imagine it's been slammed at the moment and didn't get anything back from them.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/30/13 01:26 AM

mycomputer

Minimum System Requirements

Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM
Quad core CPU
8GB Memory
Posted By: kestrel79

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/30/13 04:21 AM

Everything downloaded great for me and setup easy. Only took about 45 minutes to download, signing in was easy and the instructions were easy to understand. Looks pretty slick too.

But when I go to launch the game I'm getting a connection error/connection failed on the loading screen. This makes me sad.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/30/13 04:31 AM

Yea, it is a good thing I took those videos because I have not been able to get back in since I loged out to upload then to youtube.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/30/13 04:35 AM

Ok good to know it's not just me. I'm sure their servers are just cashed right now.

*UPDATE*

Success! It worked for me once. Pretty cool to walk around my little startup hanger and go inside my Aurora. After I changed the resolution most of my hanger lights turned off...it was hard to see then. Probably a bug. Still pretty cool stuff it's a start.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/30/13 06:18 AM

I can't even log into the site. They're getting slammed.
Posted By: toohooah

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/30/13 07:57 AM

Hey guys,

This was giving me a headache, the fov is way too narrow by default. Someone on the forums said open the console with ` and use
cl_fov 80

This helped me a lot, now only if they would add motion blur and bloom settings.
Posted By: Ratcatcher

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/30/13 08:10 AM

I downloaded it last night ( early hours actually smile ) it installed fine and launched ok. I have 3 monitors and it worked to start with displaying on all 3. Then like an idiot... I started playing about with the settings.

I changed the graphics display resolution settings and now it will only display on a single screen. I cant find a configuration file to adjust manually, any ideas?

Also for the last couple of trys I cant log in, coming up with an error, oh well, early days!
Posted By: WynnTTr

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/30/13 11:09 AM

I bought a kickstarter package so got the aurora. Checked out the prices for some of the other ships. Holy crap that's expensive. $110USD for a Hornet??!!

And people were complaining about the prices of mechs in MWO. Dunno, those prices have made me very wary as to the overall finish of the game. Will have to see it in action first.
Posted By: Para_Bellum

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/30/13 12:15 PM

Keep in mind that buying a ship now with real $ is for supporting the devs, see it more as a donation. Star Citizen will be the 1st crowd-funded AAA PC game in history. We're talking about 20.000.000+ $ here.

All (except some rares you'll need to capture) ships will be available ingame to buy with ingame money once the game is released.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/30/13 04:53 PM

Ok, I sorted the resolution, if anyone else wants to select their own res... do this...

Add two lines to StarCitizen\CitizenClient\Data\game.cfg:

r_width = 5760
r_height = 1200

Still timing out trying to log in though frown

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/30/13 06:27 PM

I am as well. frown
Posted By: MojoFlow

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/30/13 07:49 PM

Just got in for the first time and took a quick look around.

Pretty nice.

Here is a shot of my ship.
Posted By: JAMF

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/30/13 10:00 PM

Screenshots from my walk around the hangar:

Hmmm, nice little ship, the Aurora.

I better check the inside.

Good layout, utilitarian.

OK, onwards.

Glad I'm still limber.

Not much room here, it's a tight squeeze.

Oh, there's the other one.

Pose in front of the craft.

The 315P... It still has that "new" smell.

This is a more roomy cockpit. Nice!

Well laid out, everything in reach and in places that makes sense.

Quite imposing up close.

Not ugly from a bit further either.

A quick look from the rafters of the hangar.

If there was any doubt, this one's made by Origin Jumpworks G.m.b.H.

...and the obligatory pose in front of the shiny shiny.

It's Alpha, so collisions aren't spot on and not all lights one can see has the object opposite lighting up. Images have been brightened. For instance, the image with the avatar crouching has the panels overhead bright, but they don't cast their light in the corridor.
Posted By: Lancelot

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/31/13 02:25 PM

And my suggestions for improvement that i posted on the CIG forum.

For something even pre-alpha. it worked fine on my low end machine. I'm barely at the minimum, and only six gigas of RAM.

Hangar aside, i was happy with the module, and yesterday IMO they blow it up big time with the "Voyager Direct" store. It is the first time i got kind of mad with CIG for making the store available to be use with real money to get items this early on the development of the game. It was good to give the free credits to use it and test it how it works on the website and the items on the game, but it should had been, IMO, made with free credits, and once the game was released, or in very late alpha, re-start from zero and then have the final online store where you use real money.
Fortunately, it seems the acknowledge they made a mistake and are looking for how to ammend it. It remains to be seen what they will do.
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/31/13 03:01 PM

Although I managed to download the module Thursday night /Friday morning I've been too busy to run it until today, there was a patch last night and some new options for the ingame store.
So, my Freelancer now has some cargo...

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/31/13 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Lancelot

And my suggestions for improvement that i posted on the CIG forum.

For something even pre-alpha. it worked fine on my low end machine. I'm barely at the minimum, and only six gigas of RAM.

Hangar aside, i was happy with the module, and yesterday IMO they blow it up big time with the "Voyager Direct" store. It is the first time i got kind of mad with CIG for making the store available to be use with real money to get items this early on the development of the game. It was good to give the free credits to use it and test it how it works on the website and the items on the game, but it should had been, IMO, made with free credits, and once the game was released, or in very late alpha, re-start from zero and then have the final online store where you use real money.
Fortunately, it seems the acknowledge they made a mistake and are looking for how to ammend it. It remains to be seen what they will do.

Yes, those pillars need to go. It's now being called the single strut design, leaving the middle strut and removing these two which block the view. I hope they go for it.

As for the store, they should just concentrate on fixing the bugs on the hangar. The latest patch brought the wall corruption bug in the discount hangar. And many other things need fixing.

This store design can wait till mid 2014 or later.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/31/13 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: CTR69

Yes, those pillars need to go. It's now being called the single strut design, leaving the middle strut and removing these two which block the view. I hope they go for it.

It was something brought to their attention during the first reveal of the Freelancer and in the Subscriber's vault.

Now if it was like this it would be much better

from this thread https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.co...e-flying#latest

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/31/13 04:45 PM

I think just removing that one strut would be optimal. It is not supposed to have the best view as it is a cargo ship but the view it current has sucked badly.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/31/13 05:48 PM

Did you see the thread about importing the ships into the Cryengine Sandbox? https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.co...ndbox-editor/p1 some excellent pictures and a good sense of scale there. Was planning on trying it myself when I got some time, I have been saving the different versions since they started the download and patches smile
Posted By: Lancelot

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 08/31/13 06:43 PM

Thanks for the url Alicatt. Y didn't saw that thread, it looks amazing.
Posted By: Ghost_unit13

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/01/13 02:09 PM

Check Chris reaction about the complains and questions that ruled the SC forms after Voyager Direct was launched. He give us backes a vote what way they should go.. I think they handle it very well and open!

Check his post
Posted By: Mace71

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/01/13 02:21 PM

Is this free to use? I don't want to go through those steps to find I had to pay during Kickstarter.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/01/13 02:39 PM

No, it's only with packages that included the Alpha (=Hangar), so it's not free. (Beta = Dogfight module)
Posted By: shan2

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/01/13 05:32 PM

Is it possible to increase the illumination level in the hangar? It's just too danged dark!

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/01/13 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: MaceUK33
Is this free to use? I don't want to go through those steps to find I had to pay during Kickstarter.
Originally Posted By: JAMF
No, it's only with packages that included the Alpha (=Hangar), so it's not free. (Beta = Dogfight module)

Not exacly.. Hanger is Pre.Pre.Pre.Pre....Alpha (quoting CR him self)

The Dogfight module will be Alpha.(november) IIRC: The plan is to release the modules step by step after that. Planet site,boarding fps,the squadon42 campaign and last the presistent Universe. After that it will go live. But we are talking 2015 bij then. Everyone with a pledge that includes the Alpha en Beta ($35) can join it all the way. No extra Cost are needed. you get a basic ship with this and that all you need to get in. People who like to have a bigger ship already or want to support the developement of SC can buy extra goods or bigger ships with prices from $50 rising to +$1000 and more.. but there is no need for that. (bigger ship does not always mean better for the task your doing)

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/01/13 06:37 PM

Lol, is this a dig at EA in the description of the Origin spacecraft?

Quote:
Some have accused Origin of putting style over substance and inflating the sticker price to match…

So, if I bought that at $55 would that give me the game as well as it just looks like I'm buying a ship...

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/01/13 06:38 PM

So Beta is access to Squadron42, before release to public? Colour me confused. I thought the Hangar module was Alpha, even if it's condition is pre-pre-alpha.

[EDIT]Maybe it's more access to all modules in their alpha state? Once most serious bugs are removed and modules reach a beta state, people with only beta in their package get access?

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/01/13 07:16 PM

Ok, You have to be carefull here.. buying a ship only is possible. So be sure you get a package WITH Alpha and Beta access.. think you need a $60 package for a $55 ship (300i?) with alpha/beta access. If you already pledge you can melt it back to credits and upgrade to the correct package.

Think what they call Alpha and Beta is a bit confusing because they builing it in modules and release them one by one for the Pledges to test/play with. Not sure when something is called Beta..

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/01/13 07:36 PM

Ah yeah, I've just seen that. There is the $65 Bounty Hunter package that has a lot of extra stuff in as well including alpha and beta access.

Only thing is I've just seen the specs and I'm ok apart from the RAM, 8Gb and I have 6...

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/01/13 09:35 PM

Looks like you got the same hardware as I do. minus my GTX460.
Got it running. Guess I will need a GPU upgrade when the dogfight module arrives. But to walk around in the hangar 6Gb Ram will do for now.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/01/13 09:51 PM

They are minimum specs too and we know how liberal devs/publishers are with those! I can get an extra 2Gb for £15 but makes me think how hardware intensive this game is going to be?

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/01/13 10:13 PM

I can get an extra 2Gb for £15 but makes me think how hardware intensive this game is going to be?

I think your motherboard's chipset wouldn't like that. It would like you to have 3x4GB sticks, not 2x2 + 1x4. We'll have to wait and see, but 6GB could be minimum requirements. It's all staring into the crystal ball to divine the future. Maybe CR stated the 8GB number, because he was guestimating that 4GB wouldn't cut it and he didn't think of the 3/6 memory slot motherboards?

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/01/13 10:42 PM

Others have said that the hangar module runs on 4GB, but yes it is hardware intensive.

I have a i7 965 @ 3.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, GTX580 1.5GB on an Asus PT6se mobo, and I get about 32fps on the very high settings in the Business Hangar, but you can hear the fan on the GTX580 like a tornado in the box, on high video settings the fan makes no more noise than normal.

I'm going to wait for at least a year before I think of upgrading for this game, that is if the mobo lets me as the RAID controller on it failed a few months ago, just hope nothing else fails along the way.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/02/13 11:36 AM

Think I might wait before buying anything (game or RAM) as it may change in the future.

@Jamf - I have currently 3 2Gb modules and a slot free for a forth 2 Gb module.
Posted By: bogusheadbox

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/02/13 11:56 AM

Well to say I am interested in this game is an understatement.

But from the video above, I get the impression that the devs are still not sure of their final direction.

I have concern for the game being on console as well as that simply nullifies their statements that this is for the space sim enthusiast.

But time will tell.

I will keep an eye on it.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/02/13 02:26 PM

He said it could be on consoles because consoles today are just PCs (basically) but he has no intention of making a console version of the game (AFAIK).

As for packages. If you buy the wrong package you can always break it down for store credit and buy a new one with alpha/beta.

Also if you want LTI you should gift your package to someone with LTI and they can break it down and rebuild it for you with LTI (life time insurance) and send it back to you.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/02/13 02:27 PM

Think I might wait before buying anything (game or RAM) as it may change in the future.

The game runs like #%&*$# right now but it is far from optimized. At the end of the day if you can run another game that runs the cryengine (sp?) you will probably be able to run SC. So MWO would be a good example (it uses crytek right?)
Posted By: bogusheadbox

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/02/13 04:12 PM

My opinion only

For it to play on console, it has to have a reduced controller footprint as there are no consoles that use keyboard, hotas and a mouse with the same ease of functionality.

So it just makes me think how "SIM" will it be. I don't think it will be DCS in space.

Negativity aside..... I am a huge space fan and I am looking forward to seeing how this pans out

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/02/13 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Master

The game runs like #%&*$# right now but it is far from optimized. At the end of the day if you can run another game that runs the cryengine (sp?) you will probably be able to run SC. So MWO would be a good example (it uses crytek right?)

My concern is that hardware requirements increase in a year and I've paid £40 for something that's unusable. I really don't want to start upgrading PC hardware as it will end with me spending loads of money lol

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/02/13 09:06 PM

I'm not worried that it wouldn't need a big A$$ system to run one's the full game gets released. smile But by that time I need a new rig anyway. Maybe a video card upgrade next year.

For the rest I'm happy I pledge to support the game and can join the ride the next 2 years. And the good news is all can join ones the game is released!

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/03/13 04:17 AM

Went in my discount hanger again tonight after being gone for a few days. Looks like they made a few improvements:

-The hanger is brighter
-climbing the ladder is slightly less buggy
-I can open up this globe thing and it shows what ship I have (but I can't select anything)
-I can access the sleeping quarters of my Aurora. Pretty slick.

There's a hanger wall bug right now, that sucks. Also I still can't seem to take simple screenshots using my print screen key and paste in Paint. It just shows up black.

Anyone else know how to adjust the FOV when in your ships cockpit? When moving around it makes me dizzy like it's too far zoomed out.

Can't wait to see them keep updating things and fixing bugs.

I agree this new store they just added out of the blue seems kinda odd, pretty early to include something designed to take more of your money. But I'm holding off. I'll use in game cash I earn to buy stuff when this thing is up and playable.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/03/13 01:57 PM

-I can open up this globe thing and it shows what ship I have (but I can't select anything)

hold tab to bring up the cursor and you can use that to interact with it.

to adjust the FOV hit tilde ~

Then type

cl_fov 90 (or whatever value) they have hardcoded some FOVs which is annoying but hopefully that changes with time.

The prices in the new store are VERY high. I cant help but think they would balance them better at some point. Some of the guns cost as much as a ship. 20 bucks for the buggy? You can just about buy a Aurora for that. I cant see how the buggy (golf cart) would cost as much as a space ship (airplane). But only time will tell.
Posted By: Feetwet

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/03/13 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: kestrel79
Went in my discount hanger again tonight after being gone for a few days. Looks like they made a few improvements:

-The hanger is brighter
-climbing the ladder is slightly less buggy
-I can access the sleeping quarters of my Aurora. Pretty slick.

There's a hanger wall bug right now, that sucks. Also I still can't seem to take simple screenshots using my print screen key and paste in Paint. It just shows up black.

Anyone else know how to adjust the FOV when in your ships cockpit? When moving around it makes me dizzy like it's too far zoomed out.

Can't wait to see them keep updating things and fixing bugs.

I agree this new store they just added out of the blue seems kinda odd, pretty early to include something designed to take more of your money. But I'm holding off. I'll use in game cash I earn to buy stuff when this thing is up and playable.

Played around with my budget hangar a bit. How did you access the sleeping quarters. Is that new as of today. When I tried yesterday I just kept getting in the pilot seat...that animation got old quick.

S

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/03/13 05:29 PM

Pressing F12 takes a screen shot and you can check where it puts it by bringing up the game engine console by pressing "~" the "tilde key" if it is a US keyboard or the key to the left of the 1 key.
there is an option to adjust the FOV but I'm not sure of it off hand, when I find it again I will post it up here for you.

there are also options to adjust the light and the "mist" in the hangar.

The Holotable in the Business hangar allows you to select and alter the weapon loadout, but the one in the Discount is bugged and doesn't work.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/03/13 05:53 PM

Played around with my budget hangar a bit. How did you access the sleeping quarters. Is that new as of today. When I tried yesterday I just kept getting in the pilot seat...that animation got old quick.

I faced the sleeping quarters, crouched down, and a use command came up and I pressed F and went in. I know I was surprised to see it work.

What FOV are you guys using?

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/25/13 11:32 PM

Tomorrow (Thursday) the "ticker" will pass through the 20 million mark. smile

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/26/13 06:25 PM

Looks like it went through the barrier at around 19:00 GMT. (Less than an hour ago)

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/28/13 05:30 AM

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13288-Multiple-Package-Clarification

This is a good way to handle it IMHO. I currently have each of my pledges assigned to a separate account but I think I might move them all to the same character now since I can gift the extra characters and keep the extras for myself!

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/28/13 10:11 AM

Great new animations in the latest Hangar patch. Moving into seats and pressing buttons works good and fluid.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/28/13 07:51 PM

Yep there's no clipping any more when I move inside the Aurora. Also the run looks better. Less stick up his butt type walk and run.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/28/13 09:51 PM

Yep there's no clipping any more when I move inside the Aurora. Also the run looks better. Less stick up his butt type walk and run.

Please tell me that they have sorted the "walk" out? The last patch said that they had adjusted it but my avatar still walked at the speed of Usain Bolt after eating a dodgy curry!

*EDIT*
OK, I'm confused, is it just me seeing this??? Just finsished patching and my character is still running everywhere. I hold Shift down and I can see no real difference in speed. When I crouch his legs have a visible shake to them, which is less than impressive, but hey its a pre alpha alpha!

But the continual sprinting when its meant to be walking? That surely is one of the most basic bits of programing to get right isnt it, or am I missing something and need to reinstall or something?

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/29/13 12:27 AM

I think the current movement is jog/run. There is no walk at the moment.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/29/13 07:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Master
I think the current movement is jog/run. There is no walk at the moment.

Ah, thanks. I must be getting old, because this is really bugging me. I just can not understand how they can put all the obvious effort they have to give us a fantastic looking and functional space to walk ( sorry, run ) around in. Yet forces us to do it at a ridiculously fast speed.

I want to stroll around my ship, not manically blunder about it, running into walls like I'm on a bad acid trip! rolleyes

Cheers.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/29/13 01:53 PM

You get a full range of walkin' speeds w/ an XBOX 360 controller.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/29/13 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Brennus
You get a full range of walkin' speeds w/ an XBOX 360 controller.

Yea I was about to say, It seems they designed the movement speed for some form of controller. So when you hit W you get the full forward movement which is jog instead of walk. I am sure they will add in some more key modifiers to let you walk though.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/30/13 04:22 PM

Thanks Gents for the explanation.

I did look on the RSI foum but didn't see anything about using controllers to adjust speed...wouldn't it have made more sence to make the walk key er... walk, as the default??? ( But hey, what do I know )

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 09/30/13 06:11 PM

Well the hangers are pretty large so I think they wanted the default movement speed to get you around faster than walking. I know they dont plan to keep movement the same way it is now. They just needed something in game when they launch the hangar module. It was really a lose lose situation. If they made it too fast then people complain that it feels like they are running everywhere. If they made it walk speed them people would complain about it being too slow.

I think it works fine for what they have now but I expect a complete overhaul in the new few patches.

Re: Star Citizen: Hangar Module Live - 10/01/13 12:08 AM

Seriously, it works perfect w/ the XBOX 360 analog thumb stick. If you have one, just plug it in and see for yourself.
© 2021 SimHQ Forums