homepage

Normandy map and planes

Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Normandy map and planes - 09/12/22 02:00 PM

I've been flying a German career in the ME 410 in Normandy. Lots and lots of night time bombing missions to the Isle of Wight!

Has anyone else played on the new Normandy map yet?
Posted By: rollnloop.

Re: Normandy map and planes - 09/12/22 02:39 PM

Just a quick fight in a P-51, map looks beautiful. thumbsup
Posted By: ArgonV

Re: Normandy map and planes - 09/12/22 04:18 PM

I've been trying to do some V1 Intercept and V1 site bombing quick missions. A beautiful map indeed!

Re: Normandy map and planes - 09/13/22 01:03 PM

The terrain and structure detail on the Normandy map is very impressive indeed. The map alone is worth the 80 bucks I paid for Normandy Premium!
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: Normandy map and planes - 09/20/22 02:15 PM

I've only played online where it was hosted on a server, I haven't picked it up yet. I find I get a fair bit of stutter even though I'm getting fps of around 50 and no-one but me on the server
Posted By: Ajay

Re: Normandy map and planes - 09/23/22 02:27 PM

What's your thought on the 410 PM? I'm trying not to spend money on it...but i want it smile

Re: Normandy map and planes - 09/23/22 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ajay
What's your thought on the 410 PM?

I like it quite a bit due to the different cockpit layout but being a twin-engined dive bomber it's really not much different from flying a PE-2 or PE-3. So the plane is a nice addition to my list of flyables but for me it's really mostly about the new Normandy map.

Re: Normandy map and planes - 09/23/22 02:52 PM

The 410 on the Normandy map with all of the different loadout options is very cool. Lots to play with! The plane's cockpit layout and rear gun setup are quite unique.
Posted By: Nimits

Re: Normandy map and planes - 09/23/22 11:53 PM

Any idea when it will be available on Steam?

Re: Normandy map and planes - 09/24/22 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Nimits
Any idea when it will be available on Steam?

Probably not for a couple of months but ultimately it makes little difference since as soon as you buy the extra content on the IL-2 website, it automatically unlocks the next time you launch IL-2 in Steam.
Posted By: jnhoward

Re: Normandy map and planes - 10/01/22 09:21 AM

I got it on early release.
Map looks great, but as usual you are flying over a lifeless landscape.
No random farms with any cattle in fields still, but the most disappointing thing is that the beaches on D-day have no troops, [static would have been more convincing than empty] they all get the week off.
The few landing crafts only carry 3 crew, no attempt to even put rows of heads/helmets on board craft.
And the anti aircraft fire is Savage above 100 feet, so the AI will send you up to 5000 if you touch the autopilot.
Could do better !.
Posted By: Snow46

Re: Normandy map and planes - 10/08/22 03:42 PM

.looking to buy it this weekend. Is there any advantage to buying it from Steam? Price for basic game is the same, but premium only offered on IL-2 website. Also, if someday there are mods or skins (if I ever learn how to use them) is there a special place to put the game or just let the computer decide?
Posted By: Snow46

Re: Normandy map and planes - 10/11/22 09:22 PM

Bought the game, installing it now. Did buy it premium from developer website. Also found the manual, is there a simplified version of the key bindings?
Posted By: masterKamera

Re: Normandy map and planes - 11/20/22 01:00 AM

youll need to do the key binding on your own if you want it simplified.

And any time the game updates, you will have to redo MOST of your key bindings. not in every plane, but in the ones you use the most for some reason.
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: Normandy map and planes - 11/20/22 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by masterKamera
And any time the game updates, you will have to redo MOST of your key bindings. not in every plane, but in the ones you use the most for some reason.

That has never happened to me in the 5-6 years I've been flying IL2

Re: Normandy map and planes - 11/20/22 04:03 AM

hate to break it to you, any time "great battles" updated itself, between 1-1-2021 and when i got rid of it this year,, it would reset key bindings.

Not all of them, but when a game updates and suddenly the zoom button now drops bombs... you KNOW the game is #%&*$# up on its own.

ANd it wouldnt even be consistent between planes. the me 262 could launch rockets when i hit the zoom, the 129 could drop flaps when i hit the zoom. Little #%&*$# like that.

Re: Normandy map and planes - 11/20/22 11:19 AM

hate to break it to you, any time "great battles" updated itself, between 1-1-2021 and when i got rid of it this year,, it would reset key bindings.

As I stated, never happened to me. Not once.

So if you got rid of it, why bother following this forum?

Re: Normandy map and planes - 11/20/22 05:05 PM

its always been amazing that when something happened for me in the game,, ive always been called a liar by jason and the staff. Or just "pathetic troll running on a bad system experiencing things only his system can see".

I also have a feeling that you are one of the deniers who refuses to admit that the pilot death system was never changed to kill the pilot at any sort of impact to the plane.
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Normandy map and planes - 11/20/22 06:28 PM

Let's not get into sniping at one another. Address the content of the post, not the characteristics of the author.

It's fine to point out problems with the sim, producers, or marketing. But one shouldn't be surprised that other people question it if they don't encounter it as well. Providing evidence ( video, screen shots, etc.) can bolster the credibility of claims.

Problems with a product aren't likely to get fixed unless they are brought to light. However, claims of problems are not likely to get taken seriously in the absence of proof.

Re: Normandy map and planes - 11/20/22 07:53 PM

its always been amazing that when something happened for me in the game,, ive always been called a liar by jason and the staff. Or just "pathetic troll running on a bad system experiencing things only his system can see".

I also have a feeling that you are one of the deniers who refuses to admit that the pilot death system was never changed to kill the pilot at any sort of impact to the plane.

Read my posts again.

Never. Happened. To Me.

Clear now? Never called you a liar, or a troll or anything else. Whatever problem you've had with IL2 just MIGHT be something to do with your system or something else particular to you, because (again) what you're describing has NEVER HAPPENED TO ME.

And if it had happened to me I would have been prepared for it because I keep such config files backed up on ALL sims, because I have lost settings/careers/progress in other sims for various reasons so I learned from that.

Re: Normandy map and planes - 11/21/22 02:30 AM

It has only happened to me once, and it was when they redid the control system and warned about it.

I can say, if you plug and unplug USB controller devices, Windows will reset the id order at times and mess with your control assignments.

Re: Normandy map and planes - 11/21/22 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by ArgonV
I can say, if you plug and unplug USB controller devices, Windows will reset the id order at times and mess with your control assignments.

Yep, but that is a windows thing not an IL2 thing. I've had the controller ID issue with DCS. Still not to difficult to deal with if you prepare for it by backing up configs.

Re: Normandy map and planes - 11/21/22 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by F4UDash4

Yep, but that is a windows thing not an IL2 thing. I've had the controller ID issue with DCS. Still not to difficult to deal with if you prepare for it by backing up configs.

Lol, when it happens every time they release and update, and you have NEVER unplugged the controllers... its a GAME issue

Re: Normandy map and planes - 11/21/22 03:58 AM

Lol, when it happens every time they release and update, and you have NEVER unplugged the controllers... its a GAME issue

It doesn't happen "every time" since it has never happened to me, not in IL2. Not once since November 1, 2017 when I first purchased IL2 BOS.

Re: Normandy map and planes - 11/21/22 02:58 PM

It doesn't happen "every time" since it has never happened to me, not in IL2. Not once since November 1, 2017 when I first purchased IL2 BOS.

and let me guess, you one of the big ass kissers on the IL2 company run forum? The moderators and their biggest ass kissers NEVER seem to have any issue what soever. But people who openly disagree with them all seem to have strange things happen when playing the game.

Re: Normandy map and planes - 11/21/22 05:48 PM

and let me guess, you one of the big ass kissers on the IL2 company run forum? The moderators and their biggest ass kissers NEVER seem to have any issue what soever. But people who openly disagree with them all seem to have strange things happen when playing the game.

Nope, I might have around 10-20 posts at that forum.

Any more mind reading you want to try?

I can't imagine why a moderator would have an issue with your posting style hahaha hahaha hahaha

Re: Normandy map and planes - 11/21/22 11:02 PM

masterKamera, I already posted one warning:

Originally Posted by CyBerkut

Let's not get into sniping at one another. Address the content of the post, not the characteristics of the author.

After this, it will be time off. Stop making it personal.

And no, this is not up for discussion. Just stop it.

Re: Normandy map and planes - 11/21/22 11:33 PM

[quote=ArgonV]I can say, if you plug and unplug USB controller devices, Windows will reset the id order at times and mess with your control assignments.

[/quote]

My god, are you pantherjulie from rise of flight forum? Or are you merely a #%&*$# stupid #%&*$#.

im leaning on you just being a #%&*$#.

when an #%&*$# like him claims im making stuff up, i will argue. Unfortunately you live in some tiny pissant bubble that excludes REALITY from it.

SO kindly leave your nose out of things that dont concern you.

And stop altering posts to fit your perspective.

Re: Normandy map and planes - 11/22/22 12:58 AM

[quote=F4UDash4][quote=ArgonV]I can say, if you plug and unplug USB controller devices, Windows will reset the id order at times and mess with your control assignments.

[/quote]

My god, are you pantherjulie from rise of flight forum? Or are you merely a #%&*$# stupid #%&*$#.

im leaning on you just being a #%&*$#.

when an #%&*$# like him claims im making stuff up, i will argue. Unfortunately you live in some tiny pissant bubble that excludes REALITY from it.

SO kindly leave your nose out of things that dont concern you.

And stop altering posts to fit your perspective. [/quote]

Poor choice, but not surprising. Take 2 months to reconsider how you will participate here.
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Normandy map and planes - 11/23/22 05:48 PM

Brilliant... it's about time someone posted him MIA.

Re: Normandy map and planes - 12/02/22 11:45 AM

Never imagined my thread would have turned into such a bizarre drawn out flame war. LOL
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: Normandy map and planes - 12/19/22 02:57 PM

TBH I have had small weird issues and now apparently so has my Dad who has a Way better system. That being said I know my way around the guts of the game well enough now to figure it out myself but my Pops is 84 and using Win 10 which I don't have and walking him through it is rather tedious and it takes time to open and close the game to see if it's fixed or not so there's that as well. Soo, if someone says "well it changed something when it updated" I'm inclined to believe that they had something happen but without carefully going through several steps it's rather hard to diagnose from here. Save your game configs for controls especially if You changed them to use your peripherals (same with DCS actually). If you have Trac-Ir make sure the hotkeys for it do not have any conflicts in the game, this solves a lot of view issues I find.
And to totally change the subject.. if you look in the IL-2 Forum in the skins section there is a utility that will download and install any and all skins now available called HBD I'm using it and it is soo much better than looking them up individually.
S~!
Here's the page you might have to sign in https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/70078-haluter%E2%80%99s-skin-downloader-for-the-il-2-sturmovik-great-battles-series/
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Normandy map and planes - 12/25/22 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Never imagined my thread would have turned into such a bizarre drawn out flame war. LOL

Lol, with as often as you post it had to happen some time. winkngrin
Hello Panzer. wave

Wheels
Posted By: WangoTango

Re: Normandy map and planes - 03/02/23 10:27 PM

This reminds me of the "UBI Zoo" days of IL-2.
No wonder Jason wanted to move on.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums