homepage

Got a bunch of 75%-off DLC, Steam Lunar New Year sale now

Posted By: arthur666

Got a bunch of 75%-off DLC, Steam Lunar New Year sale now - 01/24/20 02:44 PM

Finally got BoS last week, paid full price because I was itching to get back into this stuff. Loved it, worth full price for sure.

But lo and behold! A Steam sale cometh! Everything except the latest expansion and planes is 75% off.

Got Kuban and Moscow, plus a few extra planes. thumbsup
Might even be tempted to pick up that unlikely Ju-52 before it's over.
Posted By: gwalch

Re: Got a bunch of 75%-off DLC, Steam Lunar New Year sale now - 01/31/20 01:31 PM

Considering buying this game but which part should I start with?
Could you or anyone advice please?
Thank you.
Forgot,where is best place to buy?. Not necessarily for price but eas of patching and so.
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: Got a bunch of 75%-off DLC, Steam Lunar New Year sale now - 01/31/20 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by gwalch
Considering buying this game but which part should I start with?
Could you or anyone advice please?
Thank you.
Forgot,where is best place to buy?. Not necessarily for price but eas of patching and so.

The base sim is Battle of Stalingrad. Anything after that is optional but I would recommend all as you can afford them.

And I like Steam for ease of keeping everything updated.

Re: Got a bunch of 75%-off DLC, Steam Lunar New Year sale now - 01/31/20 04:36 PM

Thank you very much F4UDash.
Just what i needed to know. Steam it is then.
Posted By: arthur666

Re: Got a bunch of 75%-off DLC, Steam Lunar New Year sale now - 01/31/20 07:41 PM

I'm really enjoying the career mode. Pretty much a dynamic campaign, has random mission. Of course the main outcome will be historically accurate, but missions feel like anything could happen.
-Mission goes as planned, you drop some bombs and cruise home
-You meet too much fighter resistance and have to run for home before completing objective
-Get jumped by enemies when you're cruising home after spending 80% of your fuel and have to eventually ditch in a field.
-Ground attack mission turns into a fighter sweep after your squadron ditches bombs and gets into a furball with a cloud of Bf-109's.

Got a fighter kill in an IL-2. He came at me head-on, we exchanged fire, but I was the only one of us in a flying tank. biggrin

Re: Got a bunch of 75%-off DLC, Steam Lunar New Year sale now - 02/01/20 11:33 AM

Sounds very good. Thank you for that.
BAT is my game but even though i have not started a career in Great Battles yet, i am amazed by the quality of the graphics [ I think that is what you call them!].
© 2024 SimHQ Forums