homepage

Disappointed in the New P-47

Posted By: BadBud

Disappointed in the New P-47 - 11/22/18 12:55 AM

Anyone else feel that it is not what all the hype indicated.
BadBud
Posted By: TychosElk

Re: Disappointed in the New P-47 - 11/22/18 01:12 AM

If there was 'hype', I don't think it came from the developers. They said they were going to model the P-47D, and that's what they've delivered. I've not seen any real evidence that its FM is far off.

Re: Disappointed in the New P-47 - 11/22/18 05:44 PM

Hype I am referring to was from anticipating BOS simmers. At least what I was assuming was hype. I am sure that I may jump on board as hopefully I get more able at flying it to it's potential.
BadBud
Posted By: theOden

Re: Disappointed in the New P-47 - 11/22/18 09:46 PM

Hype at producer forum was intense as BadBud said.
People throwing money on their screens and asking who/how to bribe to get it released earlier, standard sillyness nowadays.
Seen the same bandwagon at DCS (currently for the F-14) but learned long time ago to ignore that group behavior.

To my surprise though the disappointment-threads showed up the same evening, usually takes a bit longer smile
Reading the comments I can't really see what's wrong with it, it is heavy and will never climb like a rocket unless after a dive,
Maybe the vocal ones are those strictly flying airquake and hoped to an automatic kill-them-all plane?
Only the famous ruggedness seems to be off, goes to pieces like any 109 they say.

Personally I've always been interested in the P-47 (along with the P-40) but considering I still have a hard time to enjoy my time in IL2GB I'm holding short on this one for now.

As it looks, this P-47 is still my only option currently with DCS going its usual path trying hard to become irrelevant on the sim market.

Re: Disappointed in the New P-47 - 12/01/18 07:21 PM

Take a look at this video and understand where the 47 really excelled.

https://youtu.be/Lo_irQ9bjzU

BadBud
Posted By: dutch

Re: Disappointed in the New P-47 - 12/03/18 08:41 AM

I see what you are talking about, we need the English paper mache’ petrol tanks so we can make ice cream :-)
Posted By: ST0RM

Re: Disappointed in the New P-47 - 12/25/18 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by theOden
Only the famous ruggedness seems to be off, goes to pieces like any 109 they say.

New to Battle of Bodenplatte and the new Il-2 series.
This is exactly my feelings on the P-47. Feels and flies heavy, but a few AAA rounds and I'm done.

Looking at the current sales, but am unsure as to which to continue with. I purchased it outside of Steam, so I'm hoping its a seamless addition.
Posted By: Tom_Weiss

Re: Disappointed in the New P-47 - 12/25/18 05:07 PM

I am having a lot of fun with it - I got used to it as I flew a lot the A2A P-47D and you get used to it being somewhat sluggish at low altitudes, but one you gain altitude, you can manage energy and fly with a lot of ease and regain altitude quickly.

get Battle of Kuban next.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums