homepage

CH Pedals Toe Brakes

Posted By: F4UDash4

CH Pedals Toe Brakes - 04/22/18 01:21 AM

I can't seem to assign my CH pedals "toe axis" to left/right brakes, it just doesn't recognize them at all. Any ideas on how to get around this?
Posted By: TychosElk

Re: CH Pedals Toe Brakes - 04/22/18 02:54 AM

See this thread on the BoX forum: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topi...-toe-brakes/?tab=comments#comment-599909

Note also that some aircraft (Soviet ones + Spitfire) don't have toe brakes. They have a lever on the control column instead, and you get differential braking by turning the rudder.
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: CH Pedals Toe Brakes - 04/22/18 04:25 AM

In some cases (joystick/pedal model) is need do the inverse procedure for assign an axis.

Press the right brake on pedal and HOLD, select the command "Right Wheel Brake", when the assignment window pop-up, release the pedal. Same for lef brake.

In Battle of... series, "toe brakes" work for Luftwaffe, American and the Russian i-16 aircraft.

For all other Russian planes, British and Italian planes, you need assign a joy button or key for "Wheels brake" and use this together with rudder movement for achieve "differential brakes" - brake only right or left wheel, as IRL in this planes. Or if you are lucky owner of VKB MCG or VPC T50 grips, use their brake lever. wink

Don't try "cheat" (like in other flight games) and assign right and left brakes of pedal for this "Wheel brake" command, because this will mess brake in planes that use "toe brakes" system. smile

The reason is that for benefit (intentional or accidental) of "twist rudder" joysticks, this "differential brakes" work for all planes of the game, since normally "twist rudder" stick users don't own rudder pedals.

Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: CH Pedals Toe Brakes - 04/22/18 12:19 PM

Thanks, I'll give these suggestions a try.
Posted By: - Ice

Re: CH Pedals Toe Brakes - 04/22/18 06:37 PM

Funny how a simple rudder and brake system needs a total mindset overhaul for those of us more used to modern aircraft! biggrin

I came here to learn about dogfighting and I'm stuck in the taxiing mechanics! biggrin biggrin biggrin
© 2024 SimHQ Forums