homepage

Sins of a Solar Empire Star Trek Armada 3...

Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Sins of a Solar Empire Star Trek Armada 3... - 06/24/19 07:25 PM

Anyone play the Sins of a Solar Empire Star Trek Armada 3 mod?

I had a huge itch for Star Trek last week and forgot I had installed the mod when I got Sins for free via a Humble give away last November, so I gave it a try.

Wow!!!!!!!

The mod feels like a retail game and scratched the itch so well. If anyone is looking for a space strategy game with a Star Trek slant, give this mod a try. I also hear that the Sacrifice of Angels 2 mod is good too, but I haven't tried it.
Posted By: Azshal

Re: Sins of a Solar Empire Star Trek Armada 3... - 06/26/19 05:13 PM

It has been a while, but I have played Sacrifice of Angels. It may have been just me, but progression felt slowed down with SoA. Big 6 player battles with 3 AI Borg was fun.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Sins of a Solar Empire Star Trek Armada 3... - 07/05/19 04:35 PM

Well, after playing a bit more, I've come to realize Sins of a Solar Empire has really bad AI. Most real time strategy games do. I wonder if there's a mod to make it better.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Sins of a Solar Empire Star Trek Armada 3... - 07/05/19 10:04 PM

Stellaris is a far better game IMO. It’s got an actual story to it, and can come out going slightly different directions based on your decisions each playthrough, although there are some parts that are pretty regular. Bunches of mods to play around with.
Sins always seems pointless to me, despite being pretty good as a blank slate game.

There are some videos of the Star Trek New Horizons mod you can check out, Aspec has covered it. He’s the stellaris expert. It’s 75% off on the sale if it looks good to you.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums