homepage

Battletech beta backers...

Posted By: Clydewinder

Battletech beta backers... - 02/25/18 06:17 PM

...any news on a release date? Haven't been able to find anything official other than "early 2018"
Posted By: - Ice

Re: Battletech beta backers... - 02/25/18 08:50 PM

Nothing on my emails yet....
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Battletech beta backers... - 02/25/18 10:03 PM

No word that I know of. I play a couple of rounds every now and then, but not MP so I haven't seen change in a while.
I'd like more word about Mechwarrior 5 too, but last date I heard there was Dec.
Posted By: Allaire

Re: Battletech beta backers... - 02/27/18 06:44 PM

Got an email from GOG.com about preorders and Steam is listing it releasing April 2018.
https://www.gog.com/game/battletech

Re: Battletech beta backers... - 02/27/18 08:36 PM

Got emails from my Kickstarter account and it is April 2018 with pre-orders opening soon! biggrin

Re: Battletech beta backers... - 02/27/18 09:08 PM

Timely info and great news.
Posted By: Behemoth

Re: Battletech beta backers... - 02/27/18 09:17 PM

We can't play it anymore correct? I had tried a while back and steam gave me a missing .exe file, I didn't follow on more than that.
-B

Re: Battletech beta backers... - 02/27/18 09:39 PM

I’ll check, it’s prob been a month or so for me.

Re: Battletech beta backers... - 02/27/18 09:43 PM

Yep, it's over. I got the same error. In the game directory it's pretty much empty now but there's a text file message dated 1/9:

MechWarrior!

Thank you for your participation in the BattleTech Backer Beta! While it is a little sad that the time for playing this version of the game has come to an end, you can bet that means the full version is coming soon..."How soon?" you may ask. Soon - thank you for your patience as we wrap up development and stay tuned for more information.

We have learned a lot from your feedback and just the fact that you played has helped make the game better. We very much appreciate the playtime you put in and hope you enjoy the adjustments we have made when the full game arrives. We look forward to your playing at that time just as we know you are!

Best wishes,
Your Friends at Harebrained Schemes

Re: Battletech beta backers... - 02/27/18 09:48 PM

I've only played the demo a handful of times because I didn't want to spoil the full experience! biggrin
Posted By: jenrick

Re: Battletech beta backers... - 02/28/18 08:07 PM

Here's the text from the email yesterday:

Listen up, MechWarriors!

Over two years ago, our forces launched Operation Alpha Strike, a coordinated effort to bring turn-based tactical ‘Mech combat back to PC gaming and to return BattleTech to its rightful place of honor.

Today, High Command reports that our launch window is confirmed for April, 2018.

Repeat, we are a GO for April and Steam pre-orders have officially opened.

-Jenrick

Re: Battletech beta backers... - 03/01/18 03:00 AM

I forget, is this going to have your own unit and drop ship like MW5? I’m getting these mixed up.
Posted By: EAF331 MadDog

Re: Battletech beta backers... - 03/11/18 01:22 PM

It's a story based game, but I think you'll manage your unit as you see fit.

Re: Battletech beta backers... - 03/15/18 06:55 AM

Re: Battletech beta backers... - 03/28/18 08:44 AM

Awesomesauce!!

MechWarriors of Backer Company!

High Command has confirmed deployment and WE ARE GO FOR LAUNCH on April 24, 2018 at 9am PT.

Backer Company will retrieve their keys from BackerKit accounts before launch to become operational. Watch for additional communication with specifics closer to that date.

MAKE NO MISTAKE, MECHWARRIORS: Full Operational Success of this mission requires the bolstering of our ranks. To that end, we have enclosed the following TIME SENSITIVE material - a new trailer focused on the story of the campaign. Make sure you get this into as many MechWarrior's hands as possible across all forms of communication.

Posted By: Clydewinder

Re: Battletech beta backers... - 03/29/18 02:07 AM

oh hell yeah... it's ON

Re: Battletech beta backers... - 03/29/18 04:04 AM

Not long now! I’m ready!
Posted By: Khai

Re: Battletech beta backers... - 03/29/18 09:42 PM

Wifey just bought me the deluxe....

Oh yeah baby!

Ground crew, full load out... Let's dance.....

Re: Battletech beta backers... - 03/29/18 10:40 PM

I see you got yourself a winner there!! smile
© 2024 SimHQ Forums