homepage

Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival)

Posted By: Chucky

Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival) - 03/10/17 11:14 PM

This looks interesting http://store.steampowered.com/app/588210/

Currently in EA,and judging by early reviews has great potential although a little buggy at present. I've not purchased it yet,I thought the price tag was a little high.

You need to maintain your ships,you can build space stations by docking modules you find.Has full Newtonian physics and orbital mechanics.

And one from Obsidian Ant (if anyone follows his E:D stuff)

Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival) - 03/11/17 12:54 AM

Looks pretty cool other than early access. Another multifaceted game like that is Angels Fall First. Also early access though so I've held off.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/367270
Posted By: bonchie

Re: Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival) - 03/15/17 08:21 PM

It's supposed to have a storyline as well with lots of exploration tying into it.

Something about you being in cryo-sleep, only to wake up and realize the colony that was supposed to be there is destroyed, something went terribly wrong, and now the survivors are fending for themselves.
Posted By: kludger

Re: Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival) - 03/23/17 04:23 PM

A nice "lets play" video from SimHQ's very own Master:

Looks good to me, but needs a bit more time in the oven before I'm ready to dig in.
Posted By: Master

Re: Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival) - 03/23/17 06:34 PM

The memory leak thing has been fixed. It was an issue with the collision messes of two different modules constantly colliding when you docked two or more modules.

Still probably needs some time. it has other issues as well like the FTL engines killing you and etc. smile

Re: Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival) - 03/23/17 06:46 PM

This is what I needed,a SimHQ'er with some time under his belt. So,you reckon not to jump in just yet?

How is the community,any griefing going on?

Re: Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival) - 03/23/17 07:16 PM

The servers can hold like 100 people but I have only run into maybe 3 in total and they were more worried about surviving the game than randomly killing.

If you have the money and dont mind early access games it is a lot of fun and would be more so in a coop group (you can spawn with a friend if you have empty cryo pods).

Its more interesting than fun right now though. Kind of like dayz meets space engineer.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival) - 03/30/17 01:00 AM

As a space pirate, can I rob ships and equipment from other players?

Once you go pirate, there's no going back...

Re: Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival) - 03/30/17 10:41 PM

Yes you can, the ships are modules connected together by airlocks. If you can get onto someone's base you can just flip the airlock off switch and their base will split in half and you can steal either part with your spaceship. Your character is also persistent so if you log off outside a cryopod and someone opens the air lock your pretty much dead. Its a really interesting concept for a game and im am excited to see how it progresses. Its more interesting than fun atm though lol.
Posted By: Ajay

Re: Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival) - 04/25/17 12:35 PM

Looks really cool, any more vids?

Re: Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival) - 04/25/17 01:06 PM

Here's a recent one.I still haven't jumped in yet.

Re: Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival) - 04/29/17 10:38 AM

Definitely jumping in on this at some stage.

Re: Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival) - 06/22/17 03:38 PM

I'd be interested in any thoughts on the upcoming 0.2 update.To those that own the game of course.

*Edit* Hellion is in the Steam Summer sale. Now I may have to go for it.
Posted By: Moonraker

Re: Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival) - 06/11/19 04:07 PM

I have this ... played several hours ... has multiplayer ... decent game not sure where it is now ... no one streamin it ...

Re: Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival) - 06/11/19 08:14 PM

Hi Moonraker,welcome to SimHQ smile

I still haven't bought this. I'm not into MP,how is the SP side of it if you don't mind?
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival) - 06/12/19 11:41 AM

I'm the same... I keep checking on it, but there still appears to be many, many bugs.
I know it's early access, but it's been out since Feb 2017 and it seems even with updates, the bugs still abound.
I'm still interested though... will keep watching.

Re: Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival) - 06/19/19 10:18 PM

Its pretty fun to coop with a friend in and just explore. But its not much fun on an open server with assholes.

It feels similar to games like Empyrion, space engineers and even rocket's new game Stationeers.

It was kind of marketed as a "starcitizen" style game when I first bought it but its not really anything like that.

Stationeers IMO is where the money is at if you want an in depth space survival game. I had a ton of fun with that on a moon base playthrough. Ended when a fire released pressurized gas which exploded and ejected me a few hundred meters into the air with a damaged space suit.

Have not played stationeers recently. It's getting a lot of flak for releasing two new playable races (robots who dont need to breath and an alien that breathes a different gas than o2) but honestly, its the best in it's field IMO.

Re: Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival) - 10/20/19 12:09 PM

Just noticed this was reduced to around £11. Then I noticed the reviews had taken a dive. Looks like it's been officially abandoned by the devs.

Master,is what there is now playable enough to get my money's worth (I'm only interested in SP).

Re: Hellion (Open World Sci-Fi survival) - 10/30/19 01:06 AM

Another disappointing end to a game that showed promise.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums