homepage

What changes do you want to see in ArmA?

Posted By: arthur666

What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/04/05 04:54 PM

Even if it is just a graphics update and a new map/campaign i would still pay $50. But I hope:

1. You're able to control more than one squad.

2. AI can USE buildings and cover(take defensive positions inside as well as outside).

3. Better vehicle controls (I hate commanding a tank because the driver or gunner doesn't get your orders until radio messages are finished scrolling). Choppers and especially planes could use alot of improvement.

4. This one is least important and not likely, but will old addons still work? I'm very attached to my BAS Blackhawks and DKM Commanche.
Posted By: ricnunes

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/05/05 06:18 PM

I want them to release it before christmas!

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/05/05 07:14 PM

Can't believe I forgot this one: DYNAMIC CAMPAIGN!
Might have to wait for OFP2 for that.
Posted By: Magnum

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/05/05 08:21 PM

complete controllable re-play feature...like in Ghost Recon... best game to ever use that feature IMO.
Posted By: Capt Haddock

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/05/05 08:28 PM

TrackIR support

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/05/05 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Magnum MGG:
complete controllable re-play feature...like in Ghost Recon... best game to ever use that feature IMO.
Yeah! I loved that in Rogue Spear, watching my little dudes peek into a room and pop the bad guys. Different camera angles and all...
Posted By: shan2

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/06/05 03:28 PM

I want suppressing fire to work.

Oh, and a wind indicator when sniping.
Posted By: BlackMage11

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/13/05 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capitaine Haddock:
TrackIR support
I would die a happy man.
Posted By: KSB

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/13/05 08:39 PM

1. AI quits wasteing Stingers and Strela's on Tanks.

2. Better MANPAD modeling/Lockon in harder skill level settings.

3. Lean/Roll function (I know some user mods have done this, I'd just like it to be standardized)

4. Improved balistics and weapons engine that will correctly model bolt and lever aciotn rifles, buckshot in shotguns and Canister Shot in tanks.

5. Body armor inventory slot.
Posted By: Sim

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/13/05 10:06 PM

* modeled 3d weapon fully [iron site] and their correct actions [reloading, switching modes etc]
* proper vehicle behavior model including DM
* better AI [use of cover, alertness, etc]
* Less cumbersome player behavior/functionality. [picking up objects, giving commands, movement etc]
Posted By: Operator

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/13/05 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shan2:

God, supressing fire to work before anything else. Any sort of real world tactics almost don't apply to the game because infantry don't get supressed.

And guns are superbly accurate that they can hit 1ft targets 200m+ almost full auto.

Reload time is also way too low in the game. Last two things can be edited but I haven't seen anyone do it for any of the mods yet.

Oh yeah -> realistic armor penetration and not a hit point based damage system with realistic tank/aircraft engagement ranges.
Posted By: Ironroad

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/13/05 11:09 PM

Working arty thats part of the game. Yeah I know COC broke new ground with their stuff but look how long we had to wait for fully working mortors and howitzers.
Posted By: joeblow

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/14/05 03:03 AM

Does nobody play on line?

Dynamic MP campaign.
Posted By: kail

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/14/05 05:13 AM

I been replaying a bit, checking a few mods but here are some things I'd like/changed

Dynamic Campaign - you can only replay so many times

Better Inventory - having to drop 8 grenades X10 squad is a pain. (2 pick up PK...Roger.....2 drop those $^@#$ grenades and pick up PK ammo)

The only way to make sure item recovered on the battlefield is to equip your guys with it. I wasted a lot of time picking up weapons and sticking them on a truck(while my squad had thier collective thumbs up the butts)
(~) all
(6) action
(9) put all items on truck

Plus, sometimes the missions have special soldiers assigned so the equipment picked up on the previous mission can't be used

(1) "where's the sniper rifle we picked up on the last mission"
(2) "Ah, I think (6)Serigo has it"
(1) "I can only see you & (3), where's (6)"
(2) "He not available now"
(1) ......................
!!! 1 cease fire

Tank Controls My troops like shiny tracks so they grease them up every chance they get. And since my driver insists on showing my flanks to whatever enemy appears, Tank Missions are really no fun.

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/14/05 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kail:

Better Inventory - having to drop 8 grenades X10 squad is a pain. (2 pick up PK...Roger.....2 drop those $^@#$ grenades and pick up PK ammo)

Agreed, I'd love to see a Soldiers of Anarchy/Silent Storm style of drag-and-drop inventory management with the tab key revealing all takable items.
Posted By: RookieCAF

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/14/05 10:06 PM

• In Progress Join
  • Mod Friendly
  • Improved Netcode
  • Location Based Damage on Armor/AC
  • TrackIR Support
  • Less Arcane UI
  • Better Voice Acting (OH NOES 6 IS DOWN)
  • Comprehensive Documentation, PDF is OK
  • Ship it on a DVD

Thats it for now, and is it no way all inclusive or in order of importance ;\)
Posted By: Operator

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/15/05 12:56 AM

About the shortcomings of OFP. You guys may want to check out postmortem of the game developement.

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20011219/spanel_01.htm

If you have to login use mine: rob_chan at hotmail.com
pass 12345

It talks about voice acting as one of the things that went wrong. I'd recommend the read to all ofp fans.
Posted By: Sharps

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/15/05 01:33 AM

Very interesting read indeed.

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/15/05 05:23 AM

Good read. Although I felt the voice acting wasn't a total washout. Imagine if the real Russian voices had been replaced with badly accented english. *shudder*

As for things that went wrong, I'm glad they admit that multi-player needs massive help.

Also nice to see that the want to increase the quality of beta testing and QA. Remember back when game companies hired people to test the game instead of charging players to enter "closed beta's"?

Another feature that just popped into my brain. Fully adjustable friendly/enemy settings for all 4 sides. Seems so simple, I'm surprised it was never fixed when Resistance came out.
Posted By: Phleep

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/15/05 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shan2:

Should be an option to select suppressing fire over a group of soldiers. Maybe an extension of the commander's ability to select multiple squad members where he can draw a box around multiple enemy units instead.

Would be keen for the grass and trees to sway according to wind strength. Should be able to get familiar with how much to adjust your shot.

Either that or the pinch of sand test.
Posted By: DBond

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/15/05 08:03 PM

--Ability to change formation spread distance.
-- Dynamic Campaign for both SP and MP
-- Scavenge command that will cause the AI to gather ammo, or change weapons if necessary to reequip. It is a huge pain to reprovision the squad the way it is now as Kail mentioned.
-- Tall grass (included right?)
-- Hot join
-- Lean, dive and roll ability
--Realistic damage models especially with armor.
Posted By: the soupdragon

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/16/05 02:36 PM

Inability for AI to see through bushes and undergrowth.
Better bloody sounds This had been a major bugbear of mine since getting the demo of OFP.
And suppresion of enemy infantry goes without saying.
better damage modelling. I dont like seeing 50ton tanks flying through the air it looks a bit silly.

Thats all for now \:\)

SD
Posted By: James McKenzie-Smith

Re: What changes do you want to see in ArmA? - 12/16/05 04:06 PM

Interesting postmortem, Operator. I was particularly impressed at the low dev budget, about $600,000.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums