homepage

Should i Buy OFP

Posted By: g0command0

Should i Buy OFP - 09/11/05 09:14 PM

Ive been contemplating between OFP or BF2 or maybe both. But ill just focus on OFP since its 8 dollars right now. How hard is it to learn? Also is it compatible with windows XP? and maybe most importantly, how is the online community?
Posted By: Magnum

Re: Should i Buy OFP - 09/11/05 09:39 PM

OFP is a fantastic game, with tons of mods, and still tons of online action, (check out my gaming groups site, http://www.tacticalgamer.com, we have two open servers up and they have players almost nightly.

For 9 bucks you can't beat that price...get it, get SP and MP action.

BUT... a re-make of OFP is due out this X-mas called Allied assualt... so you might want to wait.
Posted By: g0command0

Re: Should i Buy OFP - 09/11/05 09:51 PM

How much is OFP:AA going to be?
Posted By: akdavis

Re: Should i Buy OFP - 09/11/05 10:00 PM

It will be called simply Armed Assault, but I don't know about pricing. I think more than an add-on, but maybe not a full-price game.
Posted By: Phleep

Re: Should i Buy OFP - 09/12/05 07:54 AM

Armed Assault (sounds like a mugging) is going to be a moderately priced game. ie. about 60-70% of the usual max priced game. This is due to not adding that much to the predecessor except DirectX9 features and MP Join-In-Progress.

Best way to tell if you will like ArmA is to buy OFP, either the Game Of The Year edition or with the Resistance expansion.

Make sure it does have the Resistance campaign though or you will be very limited in what downloads you can use and there will be no servers for you to use.
Posted By: PositiveG

Re: Should i Buy OFP - 09/12/05 12:02 PM

I'll be getting AA, just for the MP Join-In-Progress option alone.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums