homepage

just re-installed SEF2000

Posted By: piper

just re-installed SEF2000 - 01/28/06 12:56 AM

WOW!

Had to use a utility called 'turbo' to slow things down, but WOW - what a game!

I had forgotten just how good a game DiD made!
Posted By: Eugene

Re: just re-installed SEF2000 - 01/29/06 06:32 AM

Good to hear, piper - it is a great sim. Some of us occasionaly fly it online - you can do that with the campaign. Watch for posts by The Nephilim. He is faithful to EF2000. I believe we end up having to use the Windows version of EF2000 - called EF2000 version 2, a US release. Might be wrong on this, but I think Super EF2000 is a Euro release, and not compatible online with the EF2000 v.2 release. check posts in this forum or in the TAW forum for more, if you are interested.
Posted By: The Nephilim

Re: just re-installed SEF2000 - 01/29/06 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by piper:
WOW!

Had to use a utility called 'turbo' to slow things down, but WOW - what a game!

I had forgotten just how good a game DiD made!
YES it is a GREAT sim would of been even better if we had somebody Mod this sim but I hear there never gonna release the source code
Posted By: MarkG

Re: just re-installed SEF2000 - 01/29/06 06:38 PM

I tried SEF2000 from the abandonware site, no go on the sound. Then I tried it from another source (wink wink), same problem. I'm only mentioning this because I don't want people to think the abandonware version is corrupt.

I believe the game's sound is not compatible with Dell's integrated sound (SoundMAX). It works the first time, but then corrupts the config file. I wrote a batch file which replaces the config file with a good one every time I start the game. That worked, but only for so long then it crashes. Win 98SE, ME, XP, doesn't matter.

Shame too because this could easily be my favorite sim to play. I bet if the sim was more compatible with toady's hardware (thus sparking more interest), BeachAV8R would make some fantastic training and AARs for it!

If SEF2000 worked on my current PC, I'd be on the lookout for a brand new boxed copy with Manual. Anyone who can run it or better yet, EF2000 v2.0 in its' full 3DFx glory, and has a full Manual and Strategy Guide is one lucky mofo! \:\)

I'm very happy with my brand new copy of TAW (only $20.00 with Manual), despite some minor graphical glitches...
http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=64;t=001021

If I could also purchase SEF2000 or EF2000 v2.0 in a brand new unopened box with Manual for the same $20.00, I'd jump on it even if I can't play it on my current PC! Finding a new Strategy Guide would be added gravy. Only then would I seek out the best old PC for running this sim. But all of this is not going to happen so I'll stick with TAW.

EF2000 is dead and my hope is that one day Strike Fighters "replaces" a bunch of my old favorite sims including TAW, EF2000, Hornet Korea, Stealth Fighter 2.0, Jane's USAF, etc.

Check out this recent post on Third Wire's message board regarding DID's WarGen system…
http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2196

I'm not the only one who wants to see SF mature to a higher level.
--

Mark
Posted By: The Nephilim

Re: just re-installed SEF2000 - 01/29/06 07:19 PM

WELL I guess Im 1 LUCKY MOFO cause I have it ALL the 3D FX version Strategy guide and a joystick that works in the 3D FX version ..

Now If I could only connect in Kali (I hhave found someone else who Has Kali and the 3D FX version to fly with).

Maybe I'll do a mission report!! but how do I take ALL those Screenshots is there a program to do that or will it save them in game screenies??!!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums