homepage

EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim!

Posted By: piper

EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/18/05 04:12 AM

Lets see if we can get this puppy flying - multiplayer!
Posted By: The Nephilim

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/18/05 04:17 AM

Hi First we have to see what version everybody has:

I have EF2000v2.0

and the we will all need to get ICQ or some other chat program where we can meet and setup the game!!

Then we can decide on a voice chat program Ventrillo is a good one or Team Speak!!

Hopefully we can do this as I was never able to play Multiplayer campaign online it took 45 min to load damn DIALUP!! \:D

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/18/05 04:21 AM

EF2000 V2.0 here.

Take me a few days to sort things out - joystick mappings, display settings, get familiar with English accents again.

This is cool.
Posted By: Spliff

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/18/05 05:43 AM

V2.0 Here, I`ll need a couple of days for sorting things out too. I don`t have to install 3dfx version if it has no tcp/ip support. Actually, all I would have to do is install it in my system, map joysticks and fly ......
through those fjords!

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/18/05 08:12 PM

OK we all should get ICQ then we will meet there then goto voice i use Ventrillo ver 2.2.0 found here:

http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

Get Ventrillo ill host the voice chat.

I think it would be easier to just use the Win 95 version?? not hard to connect but with the voice chat will be no prob to conn

for my puter I have to run a slow down program found here I use "WinThrottle" the BEST CPU slowdown program i found so far!!

http://www.oldskool.org/pc/throttle

My ICQ# 148635586

\:D

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/18/05 10:19 PM

I have a problem running sef2000 - its like its running in accelerated mode, which it isn't.

Is that what you were referring to when you mentioned a "slow down" program?

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/18/05 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by piper:
I have a problem running sef2000 - its like its running in accelerated mode, which it isn't.

Is that what you were referring to when you mentioned a "slow down" program?
YES!! I have a 3ghz cpu and ran at 75% and it worked fine mainly had problem with guns firing too fast now i dont empty the gun ammo in like 3 sec!! try it works reall GOOD

I thought you said you have EF2000v2.0
let me know what version you are running??

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/19/05 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Nephilim:

EF2000 V2.0

I've had every version at one time or another. This is the one I saved.

I'll try that program tonight...it's safe right? Alot of disclaimers on his site.
(and all along I've been trying to speed my computer up - who knew!-)

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/19/05 01:28 AM

Quote:
Quote:

EF2000 V2.0

I've had every version at one time or another. This is the one I saved.

I'll try that program tonight...it's safe right? Alot of disclaimers on his site.
(and all along I've been trying to speed my computer up - who knew!-)
GREAT!!
ya I already used it ran fine,alot better than the one I was using B4. and most programs have those B.S disclaimers hehe!!

Ya I been going backwards myself for some older games (my 2nd computer is a 233 with a VooDoo1 card for EF2000 3D FX and F15)

Did you get ICQ and Ventrillo??
it still is a good sim too bad nobody ever got into modding it would of been some comp for F4

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/19/05 02:05 AM

Quote:
it still is a good sim too bad nobody ever got into modding it would of been some comp for F4
Seriously, What would you mod??

In (what) '98 it had everything. Only thing it lacks now (IMHO) is a facelift.

Steve- why, oh why.....

No, I havn't downloaded anything yet. Gotta get the 2000 to my liking first.

ps. you've been around for awhile on simHQ, did you change aliases?

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/19/05 05:35 AM

OK maybe not mod but there are a few things.

But I am having trouble setting up a multiplayer game it all works up until, where it goes to the room to see who joins and select the game I tried on both systems same thing.

See if you can setup a multiplayer game anfd if its working

perhaps something wrong here but the older machine is what i used to play thru multi with EF

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/20/05 03:25 AM

All set to go with the exception of finding my key card. I installed win95 version and it runs well. Any luck in connecting multi as of yet? I`m still digging around for the key card, might have to go into the sim any try out each key individually.

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/20/05 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spliff:
All set to go with the exception of finding my key card. I installed win95 version and it runs well. Any luck in connecting multi as of yet? I`m still digging around for the key card, might have to go into the sim any try out each key individually.
If your ready we can go for a test run did you get ICQ?? i think cause my router I am unable to connect \:\( but if we try it might work!! I can open only 1 puter in the DMZ and I dont know the ports to open \:\(

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/20/05 05:43 AM

Getting icq as I type....oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/20/05 05:50 AM

ok, icq is 342354498

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/20/05 07:17 AM

Quote:
ok, icq is 342354498
awaiting your authorization!! give me a time when you would like to meet on ICQ??Im EST!! \:D

Do you have 3D FX capability and KALI??

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/20/05 09:39 AM

\:o How do I authorize? I`ve never used icq.
I originally installed win95 version on my main puter without any problems. I decided then to install the 3dfx version in my retro box, but I`m having a hard time calibrating my ch hotas...sigh. I`m hoping my gamecard will fix the calibration issue. As for kali, I had used it back in 98/99 and haven`t since so I don`t remember my logon info. I can always get a new membership. How about we try to hookup on Sun at say 8pm est? I must say the 3dfx version is gorgeous...forgot the atmosphere this game has. Once I`m all setup I`ll have to post some screens. Now off to find the gamecard.

Main Specs:
Barton 3200+
Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2
1.5g 3200 Crucial ram
2x120gigs maxtor sata drives
1 200gig maxtor ide drive
9800pro 128megs
Audigy2 zs Platinum
Logitech 5500 5.1
Lite-on Combo
Sony DVD Burner
Saitek X-45
Ch Pro Pedals
XP Pro

Retro Specs:
Amd K6 3 400
Soyo SY-5EMA+ V1.1
160megs pc100
Maxtor 6gig drive
Diamond Stealth 3000
Voodoo1
SoundBlaster Awe32
Acer 24x
Ch Fighterstick
Ch Pro Throttle
Ch Pro Pedals
Win98 Se

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/20/05 10:52 AM

I really should be going to sleep, but everything is working smooth now. Too bad it`s almost 6am. I just dug up Janes F-15, LB2, JSF, Hind, Flying Corps Gold, and Taw. I`m probably gonna install F-15 next (I was never good at this one).

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/20/05 07:22 PM

I cant seem to remember how to authorize you should have a popup menu then you click authorise i will resend and authorization when you start ICQ the popup menu should appear then just click Authorize!!

EDIT: I just saw ow to authorize, you will see a flashing message that says System message then click that then the authorization message will appear then just click authorize!!

Kali has a 16 dollar registration special vs 20 or you could try to find your old codes here :
http://www.kali.net/codes.asp

they say they might not be able to find the old codes \:\(

If we wanna fly the 3D FX version we will need KALI to fly I have Kali already

but will NOT be able to fly the 3D FX version yet im waiting for a USB hub to hookup on the old rig my joystick crapped out on me and flying with the keyboard is nearly impossible!! What would be a good stick to get would the newer sticks work on Win 98SE?? I tried gettting an old thrustmaster but couldnt get it too work!!

I was up till 5am last night myself flying the 3D FX version it still looks damn good!
Did you mean sunday today?? 2-20 Ill leave ICQ open all day today!! \:D

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/20/05 07:44 PM

I`ll try authorizing again. As for kali, tried looking up my old codes and was successful, I just need to test out the numbers that were emailed to me. Just to give you a heads up, using my usb X-45 in the game, the throttle would not work....I tried everything, I hope you have better luck. Say, your`re not near NY are you? I have an old suncom (gameport) joystick lying around. I hope we can fly tonight!! \:D
Going to knock out the errands....be back later.

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/20/05 07:49 PM

I just authorized your icq!! woo hoo!!!!

Hehe...
"You engage, I`ll cover" "Negative" "Ill engage, you cover" "Guns Guns Guns".......

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/20/05 10:17 PM

Quote:

Lets see if we can get this puppy flying - multiplayer!
Piper you still there Please check in!! THNX :p
Posted By: Davros

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/20/05 10:27 PM

guys you know to fly the 3dfx version you will need a voodoo card a wrapper wont work here

you will also need to run the 3dfx version in dos

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/20/05 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
guys you know to fly the 3dfx version you will need a voodoo card a wrapper wont work here

you will also need to run the 3dfx version in dos
YES WE both have retro VOODOO 1 computers and to fly you have to be on KALI for 3D FX version it works using the IPX command but only in Kali, or was it using Serial?? we'll figure it out been a while since I played on Kali!! \:D

Do you have EF200 v2.0 we are gonna try the win 95 version first I am waiting on a joystick for the retro machine!! EF2000 3D FX version still looks good!!

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/21/05 01:03 AM

Quote:
piper here! Been covered with work all weekend...

I don't have a retro-computer though, and still having problems getting it to run rightn under XP.

You guys have fun though!

And I want pics!

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/21/05 03:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:
piper here! Been covered with work all weekend...

I don't have a retro-computer though, and still having problems getting it to run rightn under XP.

You guys have fun though!

And I want pics!
we are trying to fly with Win 95 ill do that mode if we can get it running let me know your welcome to join us!! if we get it working??

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/21/05 04:43 AM

Piper, did you try compatibility mode?

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/22/05 02:15 AM

Quote:
I tried to run it in 95 compatibility mode. I might try to re-install in 95 mode - think that would help?

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/22/05 06:32 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I tried to run it in 95 compatibility mode. I might try to re-install in 95 mode - think that would help?
when you installed normally did you UNCHECK Music during installation?? that will cause trouble so make sure you uncheck music let us know!! i tried compatibility mode it didnt work
Posted By: Gel214th

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/22/05 12:33 PM

Welp, I'm trying to recover some games that were stored on an old hard disk.
Super EF2000 being one of them.

When I try running the game under Win XP, it starts, but by the time I start a mission and try to fly, it freezes with an Application Error. I think it is caused by my Microsoft Sidewinder joystick. When I disable it in my config I don't get the error, but of course who wants to fly with the keyboard. Any suggestions?

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/22/05 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gel214th:
Welp, I'm trying to recover some games that were stored on an old hard disk.
Super EF2000 being one of them.

When I try running the game under Win XP, it starts, but by the time I start a mission and try to fly, it freezes with an Application Error. I think it is caused by my Microsoft Sidewinder joystick. When I disable it in my config I don't get the error, but of course who wants to fly with the keyboard. Any suggestions?
Try getting another joystick or gameport maybe that would help!
we are flying EF2000v2.0 at the moment hopefully you have that one we did fly last night but both of us using keys its hard to get a guns kill with the keys! hehe

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 02/27/05 05:01 AM

Spliff and I have played online a few times we would like to get MORE pilots for a campaign or Base Defense PLEASE check in!! \:D

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 03/03/05 08:46 AM

Yeah, PLEASE check in. \:D

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 03/09/05 05:51 PM

SPLIFF where ya been ??

Anybody else wanna get in on the Action!! ;\)

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 03/11/05 12:54 AM

Arrgghhh!! I`ve been getting crushed at work, barely any time to even sleep. Can`t wait to get back up in the air....almost in the homestretch.
Posted By: Dirk98

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 04/23/05 12:45 PM

Has anyone tried to run it with Glide wrapper on a current machine? I still have all the versions of this game. It was my first 3Dfx experience. I tried to run it under Windows (I didn't have Glide wrapper installed then) but it looked really ugly in Software (or was it Direct3D?) mode.

Thanks.
Posted By: Eugene

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 04/23/05 06:21 PM

Yes, and no it can't. Sadly. You can find this subject in several threads (use search) here, and in other forums. Apparently, the code uses a direct to hardware method and wrappers have no way to addres it.
Posted By: Dirk98

Re: EF2000 - A toast to a fine sim! - 04/23/05 10:39 PM

Thanks, Eugene.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums