homepage

2.3a patch problems

Posted By: clansman1

2.3a patch problems - 01/11/01 11:39 AM

Hi Guys

I found the latest patch for Flanker 2 reduced the games performance by an order of magnitude i.e it not run good! Has this been the experience of others? I run it on a p3 700 128 sdram and a tnt2/32meg card. It seemed to run okish prior to the upgrade (except when any number of aircraft where about)
THanks for any input.
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: 2.3a patch problems - 01/11/01 07:11 PM

One thing the patch did was increase the resolution of the rear mirrors. This has caused a significant drop in performance while in the cockpit for many people. Try turning them off, or go to an external view and see how it works there. Common word is that with mirrors OFF performance is BETTER by a small amount.
The Jedi Master
Posted By: Orangutan

Re: 2.3a patch problems - 01/12/01 03:47 PM

Yes, the mirrors eat thye frame rate. Also, you might try 16 bit colour (that is if you are running 32b now). It helps the fps and, at leas for me, there isn't a noticeable difference in the looks department.

Cheer,
Orangutan
Posted By: Toothpick

Re: 2.3a patch problems - 01/14/01 06:50 AM

Hmmmmm, I just installed the 2.3 patch also
and now no sound???

And since I have an A3D sound card, I have the latest drivers as of quite a while ago ?

Help Please
Posted By: mbeaver

Re: 2.3a patch problems - 01/14/01 09:00 AM

Toothpick,
After you install the 2.3 patch you have to readjust the sound sliders to get the sound back.

Re: 2.3a patch problems - 01/14/01 05:52 PM

Rodger that, I got it going last night !
thanks...

Re: 2.3a patch problems - 01/15/01 04:22 AM

One more thing...
after installing the patch the splash screen still reads Ver.2.0, is that supposed to ?
Thanks
Posted By: mbeaver

Re: 2.3a patch problems - 01/15/01 05:24 AM

While loading it says Flanker 2.0 but in the menu screen, lower right, in very small letters it should have "ver 2.03a".
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 2.3a patch problems - 01/22/01 06:09 AM

Hello. Has anyone experienced what I've dubbed the "re-start" bug? This is what happens: whenever I play 2 or more missions(whether instant combat or the default missions) exit the game (to take a break from F2 or play other games), then re-start F2, the openening trailer runs then right before it begins to load the Main menu screen...CTD with an error message like "Ddhelp performed an illegal operation...". Before this problem all began, I got an error message stating that I should send these 2 files (ERROR.log and EXCEPT.log to flanker2@eagle.ru-which I did). This problem began to happen for me only starting with 2.03a and this happens with both my Voodoo3 and GeForce DDR. Someone (aka Skydiver) posted that he had this problem and someone else responded that there's nothing that can be done, unless it is going to be addressed in F2.5. Does anyone know if SSI acknowledged that this bug exists and this it will be fixed in F2.5?
© 2024 SimHQ Forums