homepage

Pretzel, do you have a minute?

Posted By: MarkG

Pretzel, do you have a minute? - 02/14/06 07:45 PM

Wazzup, DAT hacker guru? \:\)

Today I started the following thread on the TAW board...
http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=64&t=001043

Any suggestions on attempting to hack the DAT files, or is each game programmed differently (maybe it's not possible to hack TAW like you do with PSF)?

Later this evening I'm going to look up all of your PSF DAT hacking posts to see if I can find anything that might help me. I once looked into the PSF DAT file but it looked like gibberish to me (never could understand how you do the stuff you do, even after you explained it. \:\) ).

Anyway, thanks for any insight on DAT file hacking. Been doing any good PSF hacks lately? \:\)
--

Mark
Posted By: MarkG

Re: Pretzel, do you have a minute? - 02/18/06 05:28 AM

Hey, never mind Pretzel. It's all been tried before and by people much smarter than I'll ever be, no need for me to waste anymore time even thinking about it. \:\)

Ya know, when I started flight simming again in mid-'03 (with JetFighter IV [if you call that "simming"], and then PSF), what I was really searching for was a "replacement" to Microprose's F-117, the only flight sim I'd played until then. And BOY did I play the heck out of that sim!

It's just now occurring to me (almost three years later) that TAW was always that logical replacement to those Microprose stealth sims. It boggles my mind why I haven't realized that until now, even after messing around with the TAW demo the past couple of years. I must be slow, eh?

Anyway, my search for flight simming Nirvana has finally ended except that I hope one day we get another Hornet Korea with some real improvements. I'll always keep an eye on this board for just such a thing, although I've moved my rambling to another board. \:D
--

Mark
© 2024 SimHQ Forums