homepage

Can I get Hornet Korea to run on my system???

Posted By: Kodiak

Can I get Hornet Korea to run on my system??? - 12/16/05 02:34 AM

Hoi all,

I have F/A-18 Hornet Korea and was wondering if it will run on my system?
I have an Intel Dual core 3Ghz with 1024Mb of ram, my vidcard is a Geforce 6700XL with 128Mb and WindowsXP SP2.
Is there a way to play this sim on my machine, I used to play it with a Voodoo2 card with 3DFX, but that was long time ago. Will this sim work with a Glidewrapper or do I have to dust off my Voodoo2 and install again?? I really love the atmosphere of this sim and played it A LOT in the paste, I ,would like to give it a try again.
Any input and advice is welcome!!
Thanks in advance, Kodiak.
Posted By: MarkG

Re: Can I get Hornet Korea to run on my system??? - 12/16/05 03:31 PM

Just for clarification, when I use the term "Hornet Korea" or HK, I'm referring to the series in general as technically there was no HK. There was Hornet and then F/A-18 Korea.

I thought I might mention this in case anyone not familiar with the series gets confused. They can also checkout Pretzel's HK time-line...
http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=59;t=000285#000001

Kodiac, I don't know how Korea would play on your system or if it works under a Glide Wrapper, but if I were you, I'd find a copy of PSF (aka F/A-18 Korea Gold for PC).

PSF's OpenGL graphics are what I think of as simple but still pleasing to the eye, IMO...
http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002219#000000

I'm guessing you already have F/A-18 Korea and you'd like to get this one to work instead of finding it again with PSF. Well, the demo works for me (1.7GHz / 512MB SDRAM / 9600 SE) but only in Software mode, IIR. I don't know how Mr. B played it like this for so long.

Edit: Out of curiosity, I'll try using a Glide Wrapper with my HK demos in a little while and tell you what I find. \:\)
--

Mark
Posted By: Kodiak

Re: Can I get Hornet Korea to run on my system??? - 12/16/05 08:57 PM

Okay, thanks. Yes I have F/A-18 Korea and would like to know if it runs with a glidewrapper. But I also have an old Voodoo2 card here, if I install that one in my pc will it do anything negative to my system, like slow it down or so??
Would like to know that before I install that card first.
Thanks, Kodiak.
Posted By: Pretzel

Re: Can I get Hornet Korea to run on my system??? - 12/17/05 03:02 AM

Hello Kodiak,
You can run HK on your system with the Voodoo2 Card. You might need the Korea 1.02 patch. Im not sure, been a long time. You will only be able to run HK in 800x600 in Voodoo 3dfx.

If you buy PSF same as HK. You wont have to install your voodoo 2 card and you will be able to run it in OpenGL mode at 1024x768 with full anti-asailing. Which looks sweet!

Mark, Ive tried many glide wrappers only to find none work but that was a few years back. Some of the guys are doing well with them with Red Baron III and Janes F-15.

Cheers !
Pretzel~
© 2024 SimHQ Forums