homepage

If you have any wierd graphical glitches...

Posted By: Phoenix

If you have any wierd graphical glitches... - 07/18/06 01:35 AM

Hey, I had neglected WWII fighters for about a year due to graphical glitches on my system -- specifically, propellers and clouds looked like they were made of purple chex mix. Anyway, a few months ago I got the browsing around and discovered an article that described a fix via a modification to CA.ini. I would just post it, but the CD I saved the article on is in another house in another state, and I would have to have it excavated and emailed to me. If anyone is interested, just PM/email me. I don't know if this has been posted before...just sharing.

AMD Athlon XP 3200+
GeForce MX 4000
Posted By: Nicolaas

Re: If you have any wierd graphical glitches... - 07/25/06 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix:
Hey, I had neglected WWII fighters for about a year due to graphical glitches on my system -- specifically, propellers and clouds looked like they were made of purple chex mix. Anyway, a few months ago I got the browsing around and discovered an article that described a fix via a modification to CA.ini. I would just post it, but the CD I saved the article on is in another house in another state, and I would have to have it excavated and emailed to me. If anyone is interested, just PM/email me. I don't know if this has been posted before...just sharing.

AMD Athlon XP 3200+
GeForce MX 4000
It is called Blue streaking. There were many posts on this problem in the past. Best to do a search.

Ehh... not here, see this link
http://www.ww2fighters.org/forums/index.php
You will find much help there.

It was a common problem with geforce drivers.
I found a copy of the thread here on Simhq, Newbie needs help. (2001)

Here it is http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=56;t=000046

Perhaps you will find this thread interesting, also from 2001.
Search for: opengl an WW2 higher resolutions?
Lots of good advice.

Good luck. ;\)
Posted By: Phoenix

Re: If you have any wierd graphical glitches... - 07/26/06 11:53 PM

Yeah, that's the one. I find myself forgetting that people have been tweaking these problems 4 years before I even knew SimHQ existed. \:\)
© 2024 SimHQ Forums