homepage

DCS 2021 and beyond

Posted By: Chucky

DCS 2021 and beyond - 12/18/20 05:38 PM

This may not be news to some of you but is that what I think it is at the end? I've not been following DCS that closely in recent years but I would buy that module in a heartbeat.

Posted By: Trooper117

Re: DCS 2021 and beyond - 12/18/20 06:32 PM

As usual... a cracking good video!
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: DCS 2021 and beyond - 12/18/20 07:16 PM

I wish I could make my in-game videos look that great.
Posted By: PatrykW

Re: DCS 2021 and beyond - 12/18/20 10:04 PM

Hi there

First post over here smile I've watched the whole video and two things - are the clouds much better than before? They look quite good. Also another and possibly the main thing - AH64D !!! Once this whole chaos with CPUs and GPUs is over I think I might need to get a better rig. Currently still playing modded Enemy Engaged 1.16.1 but the Apache in DCS would be something amazing.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: DCS 2021 and beyond - 12/18/20 10:39 PM

I haven't played the game in a while so can't really comment but some comments on YT did say the clouds were improved.
Posted By: rollnloop.

Re: DCS 2021 and beyond - 12/19/20 10:50 AM

Multi layers clouds are coming, dynamic campaign is on the workbench, WW2 is expanding to a viable environnment, F-18 is getting finalized, and now Apache is hinted................ after decades of hopes and disappointment ED is finally about to produce the best sim ever, kudos to them and 3rd party contributors !!!!
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: DCS 2021 and beyond - 12/20/20 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by rollnloop.
Multi layers clouds are coming, dynamic campaign is on the workbench, WW2 is expanding to a viable environnment, F-18 is getting finalized, and now Apache is hinted................ after decades of hopes and disappointment ED is finally about to produce the best sim ever, kudos to them and 3rd party contributors !!!!

Hhhhmmmmmm. Every module has apparently being getting 'finalized' since 'Black Shark was previewed in 2007.....and only the Shark and the A10C could ever lay claim to be polished in any way shape or form. Regardless of all the things you mention, the title of this series is now 'DCS'. The 'C' is allegedly part of the acronym for 'Combat' and that is exactly what is missing in this stale representation that still, 12 years later has nothing more than a sniff of potential because the developers simply refuse to listen or learn from their previous mistakes.
Posted By: DM

Re: DCS 2021 and beyond - 12/20/20 12:42 PM

Things I am hugely excited for:
1. New weather
2. Apache

In roughly that order smile
© 2024 SimHQ Forums