homepage

DCS - Before and Beyond

Posted By: Winfield

DCS - Before and Beyond - 01/12/20 08:18 AM

I must say,

rather than write a spiel and go into detail. ED\DCS's direction over the last 3 or 4 newsletters is a massive change in direction to the 'normal' since 2010 when I 1st heard of DCS in the form of the A-10C and the Blackshark 2 module.

Many may not agree with me however, that's all ok....sometimes I don't agree with myself at times smile

Over the next 2-3 years, I feel there will be many changes within the series that consumer's have not seen over the 10 years that have surpassed us.

Rather than copy and paste the newsletters and go into specifics, The entire team deserves credit if they can fullfil the words written in the newsletter's in a timely fashion.

Cheers,

Posted By: Trooper117

Re: DCS - Before and Beyond - 01/12/20 11:57 AM

The Channel map is looking good I must say, and I welcome the free content for WWII Assets pack.

However, ''The Channel map is built to support missions and campaigns between the late 1930s and 1945''... The news would have given me a better feeling if they had announced their next WWII aircraft would be early Spitfire or Hurricane with an E series 109... still, I'm happy new WWII stuff is coming.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: DCS - Before and Beyond - 01/12/20 12:21 PM

I've held back from WW2 DCS as I have quite a bit of IL-2 BoX.

Is it right that I have to buy not only the map but the assets pack plus any aircraft I want to play? That seems expensive and not at all friendly to me. Boddenplate may have to be my next purchase.
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: DCS - Before and Beyond - 01/12/20 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Winfield
I must say,

rather than write a spiel and go into detail. ED\DCS's direction over the last 3 or 4 newsletters is a massive change in direction to the 'normal' since 2010 when I 1st heard of DCS in the form of the A-10C and the Blackshark 2 module.

Many may not agree with me however, that's all ok....sometimes I don't agree with myself at times smile

Over the next 2-3 years, I feel there will be many changes within the series that consumer's have not seen over the 10 years that have surpassed us.

Rather than copy and paste the newsletters and go into specifics, The entire team deserves credit if they can fullfil the words written in the newsletter's in a timely fashion.

Cheers,

Not sure if that's sarcasm or not Winfield yep ........

I agree, they're heading in a different direction. But given that they can't currently cope with the workload they undertake and clearly have no roadmap and milestones to aim for, then taking on the additional burden what is effectively a new series concurrently will just mean they FAIL even more. I guess we can all look forward to even more early access (super early access - SEA?) just to fund all of the failures they have building up their catalogue of bullsh1t.
Posted By: Art_J

Re: DCS - Before and Beyond - 01/12/20 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Chucky
I've held back from WW2 DCS as I have quite a bit of IL-2 BoX.

Is it right that I have to buy not only the map but the assets pack plus any aircraft I want to play? That seems expensive and not at all friendly to me. Boddenplate may have to be my next purchase.

Aircraft? Not an issue from me. They're made to be on FSX/P3D/XP11 study level and thus cost accordingly. Warbirds were available for half the price during last Christmas sale anyway.

Assets pack behind a paywall has been a controversial business move indeeded, but after a flood of posts on the subject, at this point it's beating the dead horse. Doesn't look like they're going to change the way the offer it anytime soon.

In both cases I recommend waiting for good bundle / promo sales.
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: DCS - Before and Beyond - 01/12/20 02:35 PM

Most of my DCS stuff has been acquired when the items have been in a sale... Got the I-16 during the Christmas holiday.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums