Posted By: trindade

DCS F-14B Chuck's Guide - 08/09/19 01:00 PM

Chuck has released the F-14B Tomcat guide, you can get it here:

https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-dcs-f-14b-tomcat/

cheers
Posted By: Winfield

Re: DCS F-14B Chuck's Guide - 08/09/19 02:31 PM

thank you for posting trindade,
when I eventually pick up this module I will be sure to put chuck's guide to good use, much like I have for his past module guides.

Chuck's guides have been instrumental as a short cut 'know how' to the modules released on this platform.

Posted By: leaf_on_the_wind

Re: DCS F-14B Chuck's Guide - 08/10/19 09:33 AM

here is the direct link to the file so you do not have to visit other websites
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aRyV_XeqxtPXLirqcDokegnzV5Ljfjoo
Posted By: IceecI

Re: DCS F-14B Chuck's Guide - 08/12/19 11:16 AM

Chuck's guides are ok, but I've always disliked the layout of the pages, if they'd be portrait it would be easier to use them as in-game kneeboard.
Posted By: Chuck_Owl

Re: DCS F-14B Chuck's Guide - 08/12/19 01:23 PM

Feel free to dislike them all you want, Ice. I don't care.

I've had this discussion before and there were more advantages with the landscape layout than portrait. Mainly:

1) I work in power point, which isn't suited for portrait. PPT is easier to work with for these types of documents.
2) I can place images much more easily in power point than in word, which is a real pain in the butt to work with if images are included
3) While portrait can fit on a kneeboard, the size of the kneeboard in DCS is insufficient to display the images and text in an acceptable resolution. Landscape format does fit really well on a tablet or on another PC screen.
4) Landscape format allows more room for information to be displayed at once. Portrait would force me to up the page count which is already too long for my taste.
Posted By: IceecI

Re: DCS F-14B Chuck's Guide - 08/15/19 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck_Owl
Feel free to dislike them all you want, Ice. I don't care.

I've had this discussion before and there were more advantages with the landscape layout than portrait. Mainly:

1) I work in power point, which isn't suited for portrait. PPT is easier to work with for these types of documents.
2) I can place images much more easily in power point than in word, which is a real pain in the butt to work with if images are included
3) While portrait can fit on a kneeboard, the size of the kneeboard in DCS is insufficient to display the images and text in an acceptable resolution. Landscape format does fit really well on a tablet or on another PC screen.
4) Landscape format allows more room for information to be displayed at once. Portrait would force me to up the page count which is already too long for my taste.

Sorry to hurt your feelings dude, it's sad that when someone states his/her opionion, that may lead someone other to go defensive sometimes. What it comes to discussion before, I haven't seen that and I think it has nothing to do with my opinion.
Posted By: leaf_on_the_wind

Re: DCS F-14B Chuck's Guide - 08/16/19 09:21 PM

Personnally I like the landscape of his guides, what I do not like is the amount of black of the left hand edge for the section titles
If you want to print them out they burn thru way too much ink, most people use black text on white back ground not the other way around
© 2024 SimHQ Forums