homepage

Multiplayer players?

Posted By: paleohayduke

Multiplayer players? - 01/09/19 05:43 AM

I used to play with a bunch of you on the teamspeak. Anybody still playing? I've been trying to find a discord for SimHQ but have not found it yet. You guys still use TS?
Posted By: theOden

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/09/19 03:53 PM

I would assume most folks have dropped DCS as a combat sim over the last few years realising it actually is a cockpit simulator and stellar screenshot generator.
After all looking at this (and other) forums you rarely see after action reports but most activity is from bisher (the horrible canadian) in the screenshot forum section.
Posted By: bisher

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/09/19 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by theOden
bisher (the horrible canadian)

I take that as a compliment, horrible swede

I had a good laugh when I read this biggrin
Posted By: theOden

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/10/19 06:39 AM

Haha I knew you would biggrin
Posted By: USMC BEANS

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/11/19 04:57 AM

I have a new set up for my HOTAS and got the new thrustmaster rudder pedals so I am getting back into this. I am ready to fly online again!
Posted By: Haukka81

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/11/19 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by paleohayduke
I used to play with a bunch of you on the teamspeak. Anybody still playing? I've been trying to find a discord for SimHQ but have not found it yet. You guys still use TS?

You never have to play alone, there is lots of dcs players:

http://discord.gg/hoggit

https://discord.gg/Nemvt4e

Those are what i like to use.

There is more if you need smile

And this forum is not good place to start, only some are here anymore , lots of hate against dcs. Some that is ok, some thatis bit over or childish.

Mudspike is better place to get in game.

Posted By: brian_b

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/11/19 03:42 PM

Yup , mudspike is much better. 5 people.
edit
I'm sorry, six, I forgot the moderator.
hahaha

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/12/19 07:59 AM

Mudspike DCS forums are active

Posted By: Sokol1

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/12/19 03:16 PM

In "future":

[Linked Image]

In the closing weeks of 2018, we began making the Dedicated Server software available to a handful of trusted 3rd party online servers. Based on their feedback, we have been tuning and expanding the Dedicated Server software to best suit customer needs.

One aspect of the Dedicated Server we are also exploring is the availability of free maps to Dedicated Server hosts.

In addition to the Dedicated Server, the team has also been at work developing an integrated Voice Over IP (VOIP) system for DCS World. The first phase will allow users to use and create “rooms” and the second phase would integrate the VOIP into in-cockpit radio controls.

As mentioned in last week’s newsletter about Modern Air Combat (MAC), we also plan to include leader boards, rankings, and other online statistics for DCS World online players.
Posted By: Winfield

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/13/19 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Haukka81

And this forum is not good place to start, only some are here anymore , lots of hate against dcs. Some that is ok, some thatis bit over or childish.

Why bring your negativity here? Choof off if you don't like people here telling it like it is. Funny how you rant that the grass is greener at mudspike when it is known that the members there moderate the users at Ed based on comments those users make here.

Any member at mudspike being negative or voicing an opinion against the Op at mudspike gets the topic locked. Ed and Mudspike are same sames

Have it with their 'fixed' reviews. Look at old mate apache's campaign that still gets rave reviews considering over at Ed, the campaign developer said he has not addressed bugs since release.

If blue skies, green grass, trees and flowers are your thing, go join mudspuke. You want raw truth even with the storms and drought, Simhq is for you.

How many modules and campaigns are sold based on reviews at Mudspike i wonder......
Posted By: Vaderini

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/13/19 02:12 PM

I would much rather see an open discussion on the matter, rather than people taking positions and digging in. Haukka81, if you find the tone of this subforum out of line, you are welcome to change it. Winfield, telling people to "choof off" because they're not in one line with your view on things is exactly the hateful, derisive tone that ED and Mudspike are propagating
(with the exception that you won't scour the internet to persecute and hunt down people without any reason given.)

You're a better man than that.
Posted By: RhinoX55

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/13/19 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Winfield
You want raw truth even with the storms and drought, Simhq is for you.

Hah! That's funny stuff right there!

Signed,
Someone who was banned from SimHQ for highlighting problems with a sim and pissing off a then-advertiser on SimHQ (777 Studios)
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/13/19 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by RhinoX55

Signed,
Someone who was banned from SimHQ for highlighting problems with a sim and pissing off a then-advertiser on SimHQ (777 Studios)

There's no need to go down that route of a reply....however, assuming you're talking about yourself, you're here replying and free and able to highlight more problems in any sim you want so the 'ban' was clearly a warning and not much more than that. The same can't be said for the ED message boards (it isn't a forum) where full censorship is in place for anyone that wants to make a comparison against another title, highlight problems in one of the modules, or raise any negative comments. On top of that, any of the above points that are mentioned on another forum about DCS also gets a ban on their boards.

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/13/19 03:27 PM

"How many modules and campaigns are sold based on reviews at Mudspike i wonder......"
+1000 I have the same thoughts.for me, a mudspike is a Trojan horse.I do not trust them.

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/13/19 03:29 PM

Funny how you rant

This is a rant?

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/13/19 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by brian_b
"How many modules and campaigns are sold based on reviews at Mudspike i wonder......"
+1000 I have the same thoughts.for me, a mudspike is a Trojan horse.I do not trust them.

It is what it is. I go to Mudspike to read discussions about DCS and more specifically about the aircraft of DCS, not to determine what module I'm going to buy

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/13/19 03:39 PM

The replies to this thread seems to support this. If you were to post this question at Mudspike about multiplayer, you may actually generate a conversation about multiplayer

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/13/19 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Paradaz
...the 'ban' was clearly a warning and not much more than that.

I see! Much the same way that the electric chair is just a warning not to do that thing again.

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/13/19 03:53 PM

bisher is a nice advertisement, but i not believe in a single word, sorry.
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/13/19 08:27 PM

Signed,

SimHQ changed ownership and stopped accepting advertisements from simulation/game developers/publishers. Developers/publishers hold no sway over moderation here, and have not for years now. Winfield's statement was written in the present tense.

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/13/19 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by CyBerkut
Winfield's statement was written in the present tense.

Indeed! And my SimHQ account that was banned remains, presently, banned.
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/13/19 09:19 PM

You're here, presently, and are not allowed to have multiple accounts. So, it looks like the old account will stay that way.
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/13/19 09:59 PM

So your point is irrelevant.

You are here replying, posting opinions and are free to highlight problems in any sim you want and can post any negative or positive comments you wish to do so.....isn't that what Winfield said in his post?

If it were the DCS boards you'd be perma-banned and/or IP banned as a minimum. You wouldn't be able to post without putting some real effort in. Given that the mods here are aware of your previous account and associated ban, they've already acknowledged you are free to post and continue as part of the community so that clearly negates your earlier post.

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/15/19 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by bisher

Funny how you rant

This is a rant?

You were doing so well bisher....

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/29/19 03:59 AM

So back to the original question before this thread went off the rails. Is anybody else ever on multiplayer?

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/29/19 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by USMC BEANS
So back to the original question before this thread went off the rails. Is anybody else ever on multiplayer?

Yes. Usually I can be found in the AEF Australian servers under the same name.
Posted By: Haukka81

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/29/19 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by USMC BEANS

Here you go; http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...a-at-war-gaw-online-campaign#Post4457354
Posted By: ST0RM

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/29/19 04:45 PM

Yes, I almost exclusively play M/P. Private server mostly, as I hate the pvp ones. Teamwork lacks on those and it just turns into Air Quake.
Look for the better ones with player vs AI. Georgia at War is one.

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/29/19 08:28 PM

Ok great. I have been getting back into MP lately and have been looking for folks to fly with. Anybody know if Wrecking Crew still plays?

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/29/19 09:06 PM

I believe Wrecking Crew is hanging out at Mudspike BEANS
Posted By: paleohayduke

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/30/19 08:02 AM

Hmm. I've been playing every day since I originally posted on the Dynamic DCS pvp server. Its a lot of fun. Discord and SRS are required and a lot of team work involving Combined Arms. Really something else to work with couple other guys to sling a convoy with Hueys, have people controlling vehicles while planes provide CAP and CAS while assaulting an airbase, FARP or enemy force trying to attack you... A lot more challenging and satisfying to shoot ground forces being actively controlled by other real players. It wont be fun if you get upset over being shot down (and blame everyone and everything except yourself). Some folks can get a bit rude and whiney on the discord but that seams to be a problem with a lot of DCS players from reading this entire thread...

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/30/19 08:22 AM

Some folks can get a bit rude and whiney on the discord but that seams to be a problem with a lot of DCS players from reading this entire thread...

..state what part of this thread is rude and whiney.....
The only rude and whiney part of this entire thread I can see is what I quoted in this post. Everything
Else is "passionate debate"

Then again.....whining about rude and whiney players on VON servers seems to date back some years with your own rude and whinging attitude towards people who are not on your level.....like this fine example from 2015.

I would be happy with this. When folks are playing in small groups, open comms is fine but when we are all together, the chatter should be cut down. I don't mind idle banter, but when everyone is chatting on and on and no one seams focused on playing... and then start to complain about losing (wonder why).... it can get sort of annoying. The complaining is what bothers me most. I think there should be a 100,000 c-bill fine for whining.

Personally, I wish we would play some community warfare as a team smile.

I rest my case

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/30/19 03:10 PM

I rest my case

I find the defendant not guilty of whining and rudeness

Your case lacks any substance and your evidence sample size is too small to draw any conclusions.

Re: Multiplayer players? - 01/30/19 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by bisher
I rest my case

I find the defendant not guilty of whining and rudeness

Your case lacks any substance and your evidence sample size is too small to draw any conclusions.

A fine example of "passionate debate"
© 2024 SimHQ Forums