homepage

What former developer are they talking about here?

Posted By: Bumfluff

What former developer are they talking about here? - 01/08/19 04:15 AM

Down the bottom of this thread. A former developer who worked on damage models of another sim:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194540&page=26

Oleg?

If it’s that Luthier bloke that ripped off everyone with Kickstarter then disappeared I’d be seriously concerned.
Posted By: Winfield

Re: What former developer are they talking about here? - 01/08/19 07:34 AM

You can rule VEAO out, they failed to produce a 'damage model' in 13 years of development.

Actually.....I told a lie there, they did have a damage model, that model was to do as much damage to their business as possible before pulling the plug.

Re: What former developer are they talking about here? - 01/08/19 10:06 AM

Genuinely curious.
Posted By: DaveP63

Re: What former developer are they talking about here? - 01/08/19 11:34 AM

I'd say that's a good bet Bumfluff.
Posted By: Vaderini

Re: What former developer are they talking about here? - 01/08/19 11:36 AM

Oleg is the most reasonable deduction, considering he lives in Moscow and the "abandoned sim" Yo-Yo mentions could be a reference to Cliffs of Dover, which had a ridiculously large scope before the publisher (quite rightfully) intervened.

In the past ED stated that a former Il-2 member would be responsible for the revised damage model, but this was a few years ago and I actually thought the whole damage model thing was abandoned by ED.

Re: What former developer are they talking about here? - 01/08/19 02:25 PM

Oleg involvement a bloody good thing if the case,

If it’s luthier I’d be rather angry.
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: What former developer are they talking about here? - 01/08/19 03:21 PM

Not exactly Oleg, but an former (Russian) programmer who work in CloD "development" team.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2846548&postcount=22

CloD had - at their (disastrous) release an very good visual damage model, unfortunately some aspects are made a bit "Hollywood" latter by the "MOD" Team.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums