homepage

DCS Viper Anyone?

Posted By: usafmtl

DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/20/18 03:26 AM

https://youtu.be/RlmUWO2JL6I
Posted By: mdwa

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/20/18 06:03 AM

Maybe by 2025... and it will only have AIM-9 and Mk-82s and no AG radar...

The video all looks very nice but I'd like to see some of that running on normal machines people have to see framerates and stutter rates, especially on MP servers...
Posted By: Rambler

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/20/18 06:17 AM

No thanks.
Posted By: brian_b

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/20/18 08:45 AM

Full complete version in 2030 . No ty.
Posted By: Vaderini

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/20/18 10:16 AM

They keep advertising and improving the graphics of DCS, which was never a point of complaint of DCS. The complaints stem from the horrible air defence AI, AI SFM for aircraft, and broken and uncompleted modulegalore.

As long as ED gets run as a hobby project, instead of a professional company, this will never change. (And ED will never get run as an actual business, considering the pispoor attitude of its employees and attrocious track record since the first -buggy- LockOn)
Posted By: Tom_Weiss

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/20/18 10:20 AM

I don't know why I cannot watch scenes of destruction with that kind of music - even of the simulated kind, my guess is that somewhere in that video there is a viper, if so, when and if it is completely done, I mean by that bug free and affordably priced I could at some point, free time allowing, consider it.
Posted By: Winfield

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/20/18 11:42 AM

coming in 2019 and beyond....looks like the focus is on a human controlled B17 to me with 7+ seats of multiplayer positions more than anything worth projecting, so"lets fill in the last 10 seconds of the video with some suspense to keep the consumer keen"
Posted By: Chaos

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/20/18 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tom_Weiss
I don't know why I cannot watch scenes of destruction with that kind of music - even of the simulated kind...

I'd have to agree with you on that (which is a first) biggrin The choice of music was extremely poor and I'd rather stick with default engine noises. Easy fix... turn the volume to '0'.
Posted By: theOden

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/20/18 05:22 PM

No thanks.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/20/18 06:16 PM

I just deleted DCS for good so I'm going with a no too.
Posted By: Rambler

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/20/18 06:23 PM

@Tom (from the last frames of the vid):

[Linked Image]

Edited to add: I have no doubt it will look absolutely stunning, and I'll enjoy seeing screens/videos of it. However, gameplay will suck because DCS gameplay sucks. A button simulator does not a game make. Falcon will still rule in the gameplay department.
Posted By: Force10

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/20/18 06:25 PM

A DCS viper would be "shinier"...but still wouldn't compete against the full package that BMS is.
Posted By: Chaos

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/20/18 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Chucky
I just deleted DCS for good so I'm going with a no too.

Oooh, you're such a bad-ass. 🙄
Posted By: Chucky

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/20/18 06:56 PM

Yup,I sure am. In actual fact I deleted it purely because my interest in flight sims has waned significantly,not because of any sort of DCS hate. I should have stated that and then just saved you a post.

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/20/18 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rambler
@Tom (from the last frames of the vid):

[img]...[/img]

thanks !!!
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/20/18 07:54 PM

I predict it will have a great start-up sequence and there will be opportunities for great screenshots.

However, it will have an early release before the F/A-18 is finished (and will effectively signal the end of development for that module) and the same old people will be shouting 'take my money'.

It will never get finished.

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/20/18 09:25 PM

Oh FFS! =/

[Linked Image]

Because why make a decent product, when you have a legion of sheep eating whatever cardboard you throw at them?
Posted By: xXNightEagleXx

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/20/18 10:36 PM

Sooner or later this whole situation will blow up on their face if they fail to delivery all those promises.
Posted By: rollnloop.

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/20/18 11:56 PM

I'm not an ED fanboy, however this negativity about a possible F-16 seems to me, for once, a bit too much.

If they're able to deliver a ground radar and a sniper pod for the F-18, there is no reason why they would fail at copy/paste (with any minor adjustment needed) it to the F-16.

Ofc, don't preorder anything from ED as long as you're not satisfied with previous products, but if/when hornet is complete, I'll have reasonable trust in a quality viper release.
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/21/18 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by rollnloop.
I'm not an ED fanboy, however this negativity about a possible F-16 seems to me, for once, a bit too much.

If they're able to deliver a ground radar and a sniper pod for the F-18, there is no reason why they would fail at copy/paste (with any minor adjustment needed) it to the F-16.

Ofc, don't preorder anything from ED as long as you're not satisfied with previous products, but if/when hornet is complete, I'll have reasonable trust in a quality viper release.

It's not really a case of what they can/can't deliver.....it's actually finishing/polishing a module before the release of another in early release.
Posted By: Blade_Meister

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/21/18 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Chaos
Originally Posted by Tom_Weiss
I don't know why I cannot watch scenes of destruction with that kind of music - even of the simulated kind...

I'd have to agree with you on that (which is a first) biggrin The choice of music was extremely poor and I'd rather stick with default engine noises. Easy fix... turn the volume to '0'.

Please, God NO, not default engine noises, please. Anything but that, even MC Hammer music would be better than default engine noises<------ hint: the key here is the word "NOISE". No, ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

S!Blade<>< CT
Posted By: KraziKanuK

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/21/18 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Vaderini
Oh FFS! =/

[Linked Image]

Because why make a decent product, when you have a legion of sheep eating whatever cardboard you throw at them?

2029 seems about right.
Posted By: WharfRat

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/21/18 03:28 PM

F-16 has already been done no doubt much better that this one would turn out. They really picked the hard road on this one. No doubt, theirs would take better screen shots, but personally, I would rather BSU !!!

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/22/18 12:40 AM

I dunno, I never cared for flight sims before DCS because of their weird flight models. Perhaps fly-by-wire aircraft are less affected by a DCS level FM, but I didn’t personally have any fun trying out BMS and was all to happy to uninstall it.

I just wish they would finish what they started first. ED has learned nothing from past mistakes it would seem
Posted By: xXNightEagleXx

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/22/18 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Vaderini
I dunno, I never cared for flight sims before DCS because of their weird flight models. Perhaps fly-by-wire aircraft are less affected by a DCS level FM, but I didn’t personally have any fun trying out BMS and was all to happy to uninstall it.

I just wish they would finish what they started first. ED has learned nothing from past mistakes it would seem

Implying that BMS FM is worse than DCS FM is simply wrong, having more fun with given platform != more realistic FM. First of all, no matter how professional a FM is they always fall within a range of fidelity (from x AoA to y AoA) on which outside this range the FM will not behave like IRL. That being said, RL viper pilots has already said that within a range of AoA, BMS F-16 is on spot, which means it provides that same reaction under some circumstances (eg. how will the speed bleed according to the AoA, how will the aircraft react when i drop the gear or flaps, etc...).

On the other hand, the same has not been said by RL F-18 pilot. Actually in the beginning RL F-18 has said quite the opposite about DCS F-18 FM, although since its launch ED has improved and keeps improving it. But for example, at least until recently, there were aircrafts in DCS which were way off and showed weird behavior like AoA ride.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not bashing DCS, it is quite the opposite but this myth that BMS F16 FM < any given DCS FM is just wrong. Indeed my perception is that ED now feels pretty confident on their FM up to the point that they finally have decided to release an F-16 which will translate directly into a BMS vs DCS from all point of view, including FM. Something that have avoided like death in the past

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/22/18 10:21 AM

one of the unintended consequences of this developer releasing their F-16, will be renewed interest in BMS Falcon, many people will want (finally) to give it a try, after all - it is almost free.
Posted By: LOF_Rugg

Re: DCS Viper Anyone? - 12/22/18 05:35 PM

Typical ED (read Matt Wagner) hype. Mostly BS. ED again got people to buy the mostly unfinished F-18 early and now they're alluding to the F-16?!!! I guarantee you that module has only a rudimentary flight model. Look at how much is done on the Hornet, which we've know about for how long? Matt Wagner rocks when it comes to hype (read: bull pucky) of his products. Everyone is excited yet there's just so much not there in DCS:World that ED would even be able to compare to BMS (which I'm not a fan of). But say what you like WORLD is still sterile as hell and ED has been relying on it's fans to release missions/campaigns. And some we are so fortunate that we have to pay for them. Mark my words, Matt's alluding to a semi or dynamic campaign engine won't be seen for at least 4 years. The Hornet won't be complete for another year to year and a half. Don't believe me, look at the A-10C timeline. And if you still want to doubt me look at that wonderful Hawk that y'all paid in advance for that aren't going to be able to use any longer. Yeah yeah, blame VEAO but having been on a mod team that was picked up by ED (in which Matt made them fire me) and subsequently ED didn't produce the goods to make the module. You may remember the SIMMOD A-10A project, I skinned that beast. So you see, blame lies directly on the developer in all these instances. I haven't flown in a year and a half, still waiting for ED to fix 1) the missile logic (that's been 10 years they've been promising) 2) waiting for them to produce a first line fast mover. However, I still check the screenshots on ED's site, I love to watch the fan movies (some are absolutely amazing) yet with all the eye candy and atmospherics it's the same 'ol same 'ol when it comes to WORLD. The AI still cheats. AMRAAM only gets high percentage kills WVR. And the whole gamut of the same #%&*$# that we've been putting up with for all these years.

I will give ED some credit. At least they've updated the mission editor so that a semblance of a real mission package or campaign could be created. Back in the day I created a bunch of stuff. But it's now gotten so complicated that only some of the smartest guys in the community even understand it. Grimes is in my squadron but when he'd be on comms explaining how some of the triggers worked most of us had our eyes glaze over. That being said I'm glad someone as bright as Grimes has offered his incredible talent to make WORLD a better place.

We're going to continue to see hype about new aircraft, it will continue to be early "alpha" (code word for broken and unfinished) and ED will have GA make some kickass trailer for it that will have the less jaded (notice I was nice and didn't say noobified wink ) that will go out and purchase again. ED is losing early purchasers though. When A-10C came out we had 10 or so bought it right away. I believe only 2 of us have F-18C. And TBH, I've got more faith in the Tomcat being completed before the Hornet. I also don't expect any kind of deck crew interaction like we've seen in other sims for quite some time. ED doesn't have the talent to rip these modules out quicker so they have to use the hype to keep this sim in people's minds. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hoping for ED to fail. I see what they're trying to do. I want to see them do it. Before I get old and can't see my computer screen clearly.............
© 2024 SimHQ Forums