homepage

Speed Breaks/Spoilers

Posted By: BadBud

Speed Breaks/Spoilers - 11/29/18 04:03 AM

Do not work while in the air, but do on the ground............strange!
As someone else complained, plane explodes every landing...............same with me.
Comments? Thanks,
BadBud
Posted By: mdwa

Re: Speed Breaks/Spoilers - 11/29/18 06:05 AM

Which aircraft are you talking about?
Posted By: ST0RM

Re: Speed Breaks/Spoilers - 11/29/18 02:36 PM

Sounds like he's referring to the Community Mod A-4 Skyhawk, but used poor grammar and sentence structure.

Speed breaks are used in flight and are located along the sides of the fuselage. Spoilers are deployed from the upper surface of the flaps, upon landing and throttle to idle. However, they must be armed via the switch.

Try reading some guides and watching tutorials
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19b...05EFIfX0oeeSC5
Posted By: Tom_Weiss

Re: Speed Breaks/Spoilers - 11/29/18 03:38 PM

I don't know what community mod that is - at first I thought it was an AAR and he was warning about spoilers biggrin
Posted By: BadBud

Re: Speed Breaks/Spoilers - 11/29/18 04:26 PM

Sorry that I did not make myself clear about my problems here. I was referring to the DCS A-4E-C. I was having a bad night and thought that I was in the A-4 section of this forum. I could not find the breaks under "Speed Breaks" (which I found to be "Air Breaks" and now working), so at that time...... thought that the Spoilers were the speed breaks (wrong). Hope that I am making myself clear now. Thanks to STORM, got myself on the right track.
Exploding A-4 on landing is still a problem and am wondering if it is because I am flying this mod in DCS version 1-5-8? Anyone else having this problem?
BadBud
Posted By: ST0RM

Re: Speed Breaks/Spoilers - 11/30/18 01:03 AM

1.5.8? Yes, probably not optimized at all for that.

Watch your sink rate on landing. No more than 700fps, but closer to the 500 range.
Posted By: rollnloop.

Re: Speed Breaks/Spoilers - 11/30/18 11:08 AM

Speed brakes , just fyi.
No idea on the A4 problem.
However many civilian aircraft have more moving parts activated on ground than in air, especially when said moving parts share roll/speedbrake/spoiler function.
Posted By: Haukka81

Re: Speed Breaks/Spoilers - 11/30/18 11:10 AM

Go to 2.5.x and it will work as normal. 1.5 is not good
© 2024 SimHQ Forums