homepage

Hornet Start Up

Posted By: usafmtl

Hornet Start Up - 06/24/18 11:37 PM

Using my Thrusmaster Warthog, when I start the Hornet I seem not be able to advance the throttle to get the rpms up. Anyone else having this problem or am I doing something?

Re: Hornet Start Up - 06/24/18 11:45 PM

Let me restate, I can physically do it on the throttle but it doesn't advance in the sim to get the rpms up.
Posted By: GrimLeo

Re: Hornet Start Up - 06/25/18 03:27 AM

Does throttle in the sim move? Can you start the engines to 65RPM?
Posted By: IceecI

Re: Hornet Start Up - 06/25/18 07:30 AM

They are not in idle position, but off position (in game) - use throttle or keybinding to put them to idle position. That is done with HOTAS Warthog by raising the throttle physically (irl) or if they are always physically in idle position (irl) use keybindings to move them from off to idle position (in-game). I personally always use them in idle position (irl) because I don't want to physically raise them. Then I just use the keybindings to put them to idle at start. I currently have
ENG OPER L & R - as engine starters - then at 25% RPM I switch FLOW L & R (moving throttles in game from off to idle) to up to start the engines .

Re: Hornet Start Up - 06/25/18 05:56 PM

No they don't move in the sim. But if I start on the runway you see them move.

And reading the other comment, yep think I need to raise the throttle. Let me test that after duty and let you all know.
Posted By: Sobek

Re: Hornet Start Up - 06/27/18 06:15 AM

Have you bound the idle detents to the Warthog?

In the sim, you usually have to cycle the detents once so the controls are synced with the sim, have you tried that?
Posted By: trindade

Re: Hornet Start Up - 06/27/18 07:39 AM

Crank the right engine and at 25% RPM RSHIFT+HOME the right throttle should move. (RALT+HOME to Left Eng.)

Re: Hornet Start Up - 06/29/18 02:10 PM

That was it, I wasnt cycling the detents. Thank you for the help everyone.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums