homepage

P-51

Posted By: Rhino55

P-51 - 06/09/18 09:38 PM

DOES ANYONE HAVE TROUBLE STARTING the P-51 in the training start-up? do everything according to voice command but I can't get it to start-up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rhino55
Posted By: jenrick

Re: P-51 - 06/09/18 10:48 PM

If you're following along exactly, it should start right up. Have you followed procedure in a cold and dark mission?

Also what's it doing instead of starting? I mean is the starter trying and the engines not catching, etc?

-Jenrick
Posted By: Pooch

Re: P-51 - 06/10/18 03:19 AM

After reading this I went and did a cold start to see if something had broken. You know what happens with updates. But, it started easily.
Posted By: Frederf

Re: P-51 - 06/10/18 06:07 PM

P-51 will burn out its starter motor is used too long and it has very weird priming behavior. Use a very short starter pulse to move the engine a tiny bit and then do your priming and don't be afraid to prime while the engine is rotating too. If you do it exactly by the book your priming will happen when the engine has turned 0.0000° which doesn't seem to take. Just when the priming is supposed to happen give the shortest burst of starter just so the engine has turned more than 0.0000° and then continue as normal.
Posted By: Art_J

Re: P-51 - 06/11/18 06:26 PM

^ Frederf, I'm not quite sure what message You tried to convey, but You make the procedure more complicated than it really is biggrin. There was indeed a time when priming pump didn't work until pilot started cranking, but this bug was fixed many patches ago. So unless the training mission is glitched in some strange way, a few seconds of prime on stationary engine is enough and she catches right away. Haven't tried this particular mission in ages, but I fly the Mustang on regular basis.

Rhino, just to be sure, you don't use game flight mode do You?
© 2024 SimHQ Forums