homepage

How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS?

Posted By: bisher

How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 02/25/18 05:01 AM

I know this game sucks but it does get a bit wearisome to hear how bad it sucks biggrin

It worked well in the IL2: Battle of Stalingrad forum
Posted By: malibu43

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 02/25/18 05:27 AM

I agree.
Posted By: Winfield

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 02/25/18 05:51 AM

The subforums within DCS World are for aircraft.

The forum itself is called DCS World. The discussions held herein are in direct response and in contrast to 'DCS world' you know, the world in which the aircraft function.....no need to change anything
Posted By: Sobek

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 02/25/18 10:49 AM

How dare you suggest to shave one millimeter off this soapbox?
Posted By: - Ice

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 02/25/18 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by bisher
I know this game sucks but it does get a bit wearisome to hear how bad it sucks biggrin

Or maybe just don't read or participate in threads that talk about this aspect of DCS? No need for the mods to do extra work to protect your feelings. Don't like what you're reading? Move on. Nobody's forcing you to read those posts or respond to them. Or stay in the ED forums.

If the game doesn't suck as bad as it does, you would be too busy playing the game to be bothered by such posts smile If the complaints regarding the game are untrue, it would be easy for guys like you and Sobek to put us in our place and cite FACTS to correct us. Since neither are true, you instead complain about forum members expressing true, legitimate issues about the game. Entitled?

Here's a better idea --- get ED to un-suckify the game. Win-win for all. smile
Posted By: leaf_on_the_wind

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 02/25/18 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by - Ice

Or maybe just don't read or participate in threads that talk about this aspect of DCS? No need for the mods to do extra work to protect your feelings. Don't like what you're reading? Move on. Nobody's forcing you to read those posts or respond to them. Or stay in the ED forums.

If the game doesn't suck as bad as it does, you would be too busy playing the game to be bothered by such posts smile If the complaints regarding the game are untrue, it would be easy for guys like you and Sobek to put us in our place and cite FACTS to correct us. Since neither are true, you instead complain about forum members expressing true, legitimate issues about the game. Entitled?

Here's a better idea --- get ED to un-suckify the game. Win-win for all. smile

What he said, better if you guys spent your time encouraging ED to fix what is broken in DCS World
Posted By: IceecI

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 02/25/18 06:39 PM

I'm sure that DCS will become a perfect simulator without bugs later on, although I too believe that I saw trippy hillbilly fairies drinking tea out of elephant's coffee cup at rabbit's dinner table on midsummer evening during winter holidays.
Posted By: WharfRat

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 02/26/18 03:37 PM

Un-suckify?? Love the techical terminology!!
Posted By: Haukka81

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 02/26/18 03:55 PM

Would be good idea. Now if anyone tryes to talk something from dcs it turns really fast #%&*$#. I mean even if i like to talk mission making etc.. then there is always someone trollig in thread.
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 02/26/18 04:14 PM

An extended discussions sub forum is not some magical shield that will prevent people from injecting commentary into a thread that the originator disagrees with. What actually happens is that you start your mission making thread, somebody who is dissatisfied with the product chimes in with a negative observation, or something like that), and pretty soon the thread has to be moved to the extended discussion sub-forum. Some folks will find that appealing, and others will object to it.

Since somebody mentioned the example of the IL2:BoS forums, it is worth noting that while those forums used to be quite contentious, (with many posts ending up in the extended discussions section ), after their management change and subsequent product changes/additions... the use of the extended discussions rapidly died off to very little, if any, usage. Conclusions to be drawn from that are left up to the reader.
Posted By: Blade_Meister

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 02/26/18 07:10 PM

My 2 cents worth. If you really Love DCS and want it to change for the better, this because you feel it is really $hi++# right now and ED are in the Dark or just not listening to their paying customers, then I encourage you to be as civil as possible and continue to express the problems with DCS World in any Forum that will allow it. I say that because I truly feel that is what got Jason and 1C to turn BOX around after the BOS debacle. It was not the overly FanBoiism of some of their followers, but what got them to stand up and pay attention were the civil(most of the time) critics who stood their ground and repeatedly shared in there posts of what was making them not like or not want to purchase their products. DCS has potential, but if ED wants to just to Bull Headedly Suckify(that's for u WharfRat) and plow through spitting out incomplete partially usable products which are not continually being optimized(at least DCS the World itself) then the paying Customers and potential paying Customers have to hold there feet to the fire and call them out on the biggest problems. Don't nit pick, use the power of the Wallet to let them know you won't buy half ass products. BOM sold low numbers and 1C knew that if they didn't change their song and dance there would not be a customer base to sell to. A Dev can make their product anyway they want, but if the Customer doesn't like it and refuses to buy it and wait for it to be changed, then there is only 2 choices for them. 1. Carry on down the going out of business road or 2. Change and make the Customer want to buy your product. It happened with BOX. I and many others refused to buy BOM or anything else until 1C made the game that us Customers wanted. They figured it out and now I am an EA BOK, BOBP Customer and I probably will be an EA Customer for more if they continue to produce what the Customers are asking for. BOX is far from perfect, but they have done a 180 degree turn around and are marching in the right direction at least, and there products are in a dam close to finished state when they do a final release. I am not sure what the last module I bought from ED was but I do know that I want to buy the Harrier, Viggen, F14, F18, The Straight of Hormuz Map(250.00$ +) and some of the other 3rd party stuff. I will not buy anything until they sort and finish most of the mess they have released already. I was a Normandy kick starter and I am very appreciative that ED picked that debacle up and said they would finish it, but how many years ago was that and still the Me262 and the P47 are no where to be found? I encourage those devoted fans to not give up, be consistent and expose the big problems and hold ED accountable and make sure the potential customers know the facts as to why DCS World is not a good investment right now. At least for me it is not, IMHO. By the way I have been a Customer since Flanker 2.5 and I have purchased almost everything ED has released except what I mentioned above and some of the Campaigns. I want them to succeed so I can enjoy DCS World, but right now I cannot. Problems for me. While I want to buy the Harrier so bad right now, I just can't justify it no matter how hard I try. To me, that is sad because I personally think ED can do so much better but it seems they are just as out of touch with their Customers as 1C was when they released BOS.
1. Not Optimized DCS World, memory leak probs, 14GB memory use for SP. Not to mention that it takes like 32GB for MP???
2. Modules lingering in Beta for years, and the new 3 day security crap.
3. Modules not delivering promised systems.
4. Known and discussed problems ignored by ED.
5. DCS Forum Moderating/Ban most criticism/debate about its products.

I am not quite sure how an Extended Discussion Section Helps anything?

S!Blade<><

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 02/26/18 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by WharfRat
Un-suckify?? Love the techical terminology!!

Gets the point across clearly though, innit? biggrin biggrin biggrin

Originally Posted by Haukka81
Would be good idea. Now if anyone tryes to talk something from dcs it turns really fast #%&*$#. I mean even if i like to talk mission making etc.. then there is always someone trollig in thread.

I apologize if it was me, Haukka. I'm happy to trash-talk ED but I'd like to think community work in this sim or any sim should be encouraged, such as Tom's excellent skin work.

Originally Posted by CyBerkut
An extended discussions sub forum is not some magical shield that will prevent people from injecting commentary into a thread that the originator disagrees with.

"Safe space" for Pro-ED members? LOL!!

Originally Posted by CyBerkut
Since somebody mentioned the example of the IL2:BoS forums, it is worth noting that while those forums used to be quite contentious, (with many posts ending up in the extended discussions section ), after their management change and subsequent product changes/additions... the use of the extended discussions rapidly died off to very little, if any, usage. Conclusions to be drawn from that are left up to the reader.

Conclusion --- the game got un-suckified? biggrin

Originally Posted by Blade_Meister
My 2 cents worth. If you really Love DCS and want it to change for the better, this because you feel it is really $hi++# right now and ED are in the Dark or just not listening to their paying customers, then I encourage you to be as civil as possible and continue to express the problems with DCS World in any Forum that will allow it.

1. Not possible in the ED thread without first grovelling and presenting your idea on a silk pillow.... might still be banned even after doing all this.
2. ED isn't really sh!t right now... it's been so for a long time. Being civil and expressing problems in a constructive manner only works for so long.... eventually, patience runs out and "this is broken" turns into "oh, ffs, they borked it again!!" Might not be what you want to read, might not be the fully-adult reaction, but still doesn't take away the FACTS that certain issues exist and has existed for a very silly amount of time. The complaint is still legit but instead of addressing the issue, ED chooses to be picky as to how feedback is given to them.
3. Have you seen ED's reaction to users who express problems? Might be a good idea for you to ask THEM to be civil.... some of those guys need a good drilling in the concepts of customer relations! smile

I say that because I truly feel that is what got Jason and 1C to turn BOX around after the BOS debacle.

Unfortunately, the guys in 1C aren't the same guys in ED.... what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. frown

Don't nit pick, use the power of the Wallet to let them know you won't buy half ass products.

Again, unfortunately, ED has military contracts and they also cater to a wider audience who blindly buy their products. Why listen to guys who have bought your game and want things fixed when you can make another module and sell to the sheep who will proudly say on the forums that they own all ED modules?

By the way I have been a Customer since Flanker 2.5

I played Flanker but was too young at the time. My entry point was LOMAC and I got FC3, FC3, A10C and BS2 and very happy with those modules. I want ED to succeed too; I don't think you will find any Anti-ED member here who doesn't want them to succeed. We are just "anti" because we are more critical than most.

I am not quite sure how an Extended Discussion Section Helps anything?

It won't smile
Posted By: WharfRat

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 02/27/18 03:35 PM

Yeah, no criticism intended, I loved it!...
Also as far as extended discussion section goes, I thought that was the point of the entire forum??? If any thread catches interest, it becomes an extended discussion section very quickly.
Posted By: Force10

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 02/27/18 06:06 PM

Pretty much every topic would end up being moved there anyway. It would be easier to just name this whole forum "DCS World extended discussions". wink

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 03/02/18 01:27 AM

Oh. I thought the extended discussion forum was based on magic.

No I believe monitoring a forum for a sim like this and IL2 (early edition) would be pain in the ass

Posted By: Jetronic

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 03/02/18 07:12 AM

Surely if you want a 'extended discussion' zone, as an alternative to staying on SimHQ, you can instead now head to Hoggit where the ED party apparatchiks have siezed power and are shadowbanning everyone who doesn't solely post 100% ball cringingly fawning content.

And in other news Sithspawn has been promoted to community manager, a move akin to promoting Idi Amin to head of Ethnic Diversity & Inclusion at the UN. He's also rebranded to 'Nineline' ,presumably as it doesn't have as many fitting scatalogical anagrams available.
Posted By: Frederf

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 03/02/18 07:35 AM

This is a transparent call to have discussions that make you feel uncomfortable swept under the rug out of sight. This forum has no more than 5 active topics at one time. Your mouse wheel will cope and so will you.
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 03/02/18 10:23 AM

Why would any discussion make anyone feel uncomfortable.....or is this request all about trying to erase the pain that someone has for a company that is clearly unable to create a high fidelity combat simulator and are unable to accept that other community members are able to discuss both negative and positive aspects without becoming 'uncomfortable'?

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 03/02/18 11:49 AM

It worked well in the IL2: Battle of Stalingrad forum

Oh. I thought the extended discussion forum was based on magic.
No I believe monitoring a forum for a sim like this and IL2 (early edition) would be pain in the ass

Wait, so you ask for something knowing it'll be a pain in the ass? So you knowingly asked the forum moderators to suffer in order to protect your sensibilities? I love Frederf's response on this one.
Posted By: KraziKanuK

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 03/02/18 02:45 PM

I thought this was the Extended Discussion as this type of discussion is not found on the DCS board.

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 03/03/18 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by - Ice
Wait, so you ask for something knowing it'll be a pain in the ass? So you knowingly asked the forum moderators to suffer in order to protect your sensibilities? I love Frederf's response on this one.

Ya the gall eh Ice. Knowingly I did this

My OP did mention some form of suffering. Yes

I'm sure Fred has shared his wisdom in this thread

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 03/03/18 10:31 PM

Ya the gall eh Ice. Knowingly I did this
My OP did mention some form of suffering. Yes

Well, good luck with that then! biggrin

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 03/06/18 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Frederf
This is a transparent call to have discussions that make you feel uncomfortable swept under the rug out of sight. This forum has no more than 5 active topics at one time. Your mouse wheel will cope and so will you.

I feel no discomfort

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 03/06/18 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Paradaz
Why would any discussion make anyone feel uncomfortable.....or is this request all about trying to erase the pain that someone has for a company that is clearly unable to create a high fidelity combat simulator and are unable to accept that other community members are able to discuss both negative and positive aspects without becoming 'uncomfortable'?

Ah the drama continues

No I feel no pain. How about you Paradaz?

Re: How about an 'Extended Discussions' forum for DCS? - 03/06/18 10:24 AM

I feel no discomfort

Ah the drama continues
No I feel no pain.

Thread officially filed under "Trolling".
© 2024 SimHQ Forums