homepage

SA342 Gazelle - Parkinsons Simulator ?

Posted By: leaf_on_the_wind

SA342 Gazelle - Parkinsons Simulator ? - 05/02/16 04:56 PM

Hi Folks,
Serious amount of helicopter judder ?????
Is this expected behaviour ?
Posted By: zaelu

Re: SA342 Gazelle - Parkinsons Simulator ? - 05/02/16 08:36 PM

I don't have the module but I think they try to simulate the vibrations the helicopters are producing in general. Vibrations that are used as feedback.

It is true that they look funny on the screen as they are counter-intuitive a bit. The "eye-perception system" is doing normally a great job stabilizing the image for the brain-mind but in the sim it seems to fail and is a bit of a discomfort.

One other example is the cockpit of P-51 that have main gauges on some separate plate mounted on some dampers it seems in real life just for extra damping... but in the sim is the most vibrating part smile.
Posted By: Grunt0331

Re: SA342 Gazelle - Parkinsons Simulator ? - 05/02/16 09:09 PM

If you can actually get it off the ground without spinning like a top into a ball of flames, I'd say you're ahead of the curve.

Re: SA342 Gazelle - Parkinsons Simulator ? - 05/02/16 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Grunt0331
If you can actually get it off the ground without spinning like a top into a ball of flames, I'd say you're ahead of the curve.

Yeah its ok once you get used to it, getting the hang of a good hover takesa bit of practise
Posted By: - Ice

Re: SA342 Gazelle - Parkinsons Simulator ? - 05/02/16 10:42 PM

Compared to the BS, how does this handle?
Posted By: Derby

Re: SA342 Gazelle - Parkinsons Simulator ? - 05/02/16 11:13 PM

Known bug, will be fixed in an update smile
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: SA342 Gazelle - Parkinsons Simulator ? - 05/07/16 07:40 AM

Originally Posted By: - Ice

It's like trying to control a mosquito in a tornado. Makes the shark look like a completely different beast in comparison.
Posted By: Nate

Re: SA342 Gazelle - Parkinsons Simulator ? - 05/07/16 12:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Paradaz
Originally Posted By: - Ice

It's like trying to control a mosquito in a tornado. Makes the shark look like a completely different beast in comparison.

By far the best description I've read yet smile It is definitely a unique feel.

Nate
Posted By: II_JG77_Con

Re: SA342 Gazelle - Parkinsons Simulator ? - 05/07/16 01:46 PM

What about the curve settings would this make things easier to fly . I know we use for blackshark .
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: SA342 Gazelle - Parkinsons Simulator ? - 05/07/16 02:41 PM

It would probably help but its so twitchy at slow speed and wants to spin as soon as you start to lift and it then becomes s battle in itself to regain control so you'd have to use a pretty aggressive curve.

If anything, it certainly makes you appreciate how 'easy' it makes the Shark feel in comparison and you'll wonder why you ever struggled trying to control it at any point. I think there has to be some tweaks made to the Gazelle, I can't believe its intentionally so difficult just to get controlled lift. Very small inputs put you back into a fight with the controls again once you're straight and level......I'm a black-belt lawn dart that's for sure.
Posted By: amnwrx

Re: SA342 Gazelle - Parkinsons Simulator ? - 05/07/16 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: II_JG77_Con
What about the curve settings would this make things easier to fly . I know we use for blackshark .

I havnt been using any curves, instead I saturated my cyclic by about 10%. You lose full deflection of the cyclic, but I can't see ever needing that in this bird. Hovering is still tricky but once you get used to making fingertip adjustments it seems to come together. Results may vary. I use a 10cm extension on a warthog.

Re: SA342 Gazelle - Parkinsons Simulator ? - 05/07/16 04:39 PM

I have a video about control setup and controllability for the Gazelle comming up on my YT channel. I'll make sure to post it here. Maybe it helps smile

Re: SA342 Gazelle - Parkinsons Simulator ? - 05/07/16 07:24 PM

Ok to be clear here , I have no problem flying or controlling this beastie

What I have issue with is the cockpit shaking like crazy in the air and even on the ground

As in there is a bug with this aircraft, not an issue with how to control it

Black shark is easiest to fly
Followed by MI-8
Next comes the GA342 (mainly because it seems impervious to vortex ring state)
Hardest is Huey

Re: SA342 Gazelle - Parkinsons Simulator ? - 05/07/16 07:57 PM

Shaking on the ground with the engine off is confirmed to be a bug and will be fixed in an upcoming patch. I don't know an ETA but it is on their list.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums