homepage

LN and their 2 modules this year.

Posted By: Mustang60348

LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/07/15 08:21 PM

I think since it is 7th of Nov and we haven't heard a peep about what these modules are and that the lead time for release needed by ED it is safe to say the LN aren't going to release 2 modules this year, in fact, from all indications, I don't think they will release another modules this year.

We are now in almost the middle of Nov, in order to ramp up a release , that would take several weeks and so that makes it into Dec. I highly doubt they would release in the same month as the M-2000 and step on their toes. Has there ever been 2 modules released in the same month?

So Cobra, are you still on track for release this year, or have you finally realized it isn't going to happen?
Posted By: zaelu

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/07/15 10:15 PM

I think they have hands full with the starforce now biggrin

Jokes aside... err... no... still joking... I think Cobra tried to tone down the hype and expectations because the two other modules are not as important as F-14 and people would be disappointed if they get a Viggen and some WW2 Japanesse Torpedo Bomber or something... to face a Shilka biggrin
Posted By: Flogger23m

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/07/15 11:34 PM

LN needs to learn about this thing called DRM and customer service. The F-14 should be given away for free to anyone who owns the MIG-21 with its constant trouble.
Posted By: Frederf

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 12:42 AM

There has been constant trouble with the MiG-21 DRM?
Posted By: Cobra847

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Flogger23m
LN needs to learn about this thing called DRM and customer service. The F-14 should be given away for free to anyone who owns the MIG-21 with its constant trouble.

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Cobra847

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

Is that so, I updated DCS today and again, the Mig21 got de-activated. I have 15 modules and YOURS is the only one that is doing this. Updated drivers a month ago, again lost an activation, again yours is the only one doing it and you are ALL using the same CP scheme.

How about you fix this crap.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Frederf

Yes, update drivers, lose an activation, update DCS lose an activation, update RAM , lose an activation and for me, it is the only module doing it.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 01:31 AM

Yes. In the past (and maybe now?) driver updates even used an activation. At this rate I'll be out of activations by next year, and if all goes as planned, I'll only be locked out of my content for a month. That is assuming LN in one the spot to issue another activation (which may get used within a month, resetting the clock again). However, given Cobra's response below I somehow doubt we'll get timely activation refills:

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

Only Simhq members suffer from these issues apparently even though members on the ED forums are claiming they too are experiencing them. It is a good way to ignore the problem and scare away potential customers though.

The PC game industry is its own enemy sometimes.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 01:41 AM

Yes. In the past (and maybe now?) driver updates even used an activation. At this rate I'll be out of activations by next year, and if all goes as planned, I'll only be locked out of my content for a month. That is assuming LN in one the spot to issue another activation (which may get used within a month, resetting the clock again). However, given Cobra's response below I somehow doubt we'll get timely activation refills:

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

Only Simhq members suffer from these issues apparently even though members on the ED forums are claiming they too are experiencing them. It is a good way to ignore the problem and scare away potential customers though.

I was not referring to the activation issue only happening here.
I was referring to the content of your hyperbolic post.

Every single customer who has ever asked for a key replacement (even with substantial amounts of remaining activations) has received one promptly without questions asked. Keep making redicilous assumptions about our customer support though and how we're making enemies of ourselves.

Not sure this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=152040
And this one: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=136153

Count as ignoring the issue.

If any of you have any issues, feel free to e-mail me directly at the first link above.

Posted By: Johnny_Redd

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 01:51 AM

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

Every single customer who has ever asked for a key replacement (even with substantial amounts of remaining activations) has received one promptly without questions asked. Keep making redicilous assumptions about our customer support though, and how we're making enemies of ourselves.

If any of you have any issues, feel free to e-mail me directly at the first link above.

And for those that are banned from those forums? How about putting that information on your own website?
Posted By: VincentLaw

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Johnny_Redd
And for those that are banned from those forums? How about putting that information on your own website?

You realize the developer just spent his personal time on a third party fansite forum replying directly a thread that is available to banned people. The customer service can't get much better than this without Leatherneck sending a technician directly to your house to fix the problem.

For people who can't or won't visit the official DCS forums, I have quoted the relevant message below.

Dear All,

To find a permanent fix for the erroneous request for activation (regardless of changed hardware) - we are working to implement a fix that reduces the frequency of this error.
Unfortunately, this might mean that in 1.5.1 and in one future patch, you may be prompted for one additional activation of your license key. However, do not fret.

To put it bluntly; we will replace your key at any given time should you need it.

If you are low on activations or have completely run out; please send us an e-mail to:
nicholas.dackard@gmail.com and we will work with you to replace your key.

Please try to limit yourselves and only request a change in key if you feel it absolutely necessary to help alleviate our workload.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused,

Thank you,
Nick & LS

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 01:59 AM

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

Every single customer who has ever asked for a key replacement (even with substantial amounts of remaining activations) has received one promptly without questions asked. Keep making redicilous assumptions about our customer support though, and how we're making enemies of ourselves.

Contact form on our website
http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/270-2/

Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/leathernecksim/

Both inboxes are monitored every day
Posted By: Force10

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 02:01 AM

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

Yep...SimHQ is the cause of all your apparent inadequacies when it comes to your DRM issues.

Rather then actually just addressing the issue...you always seem to insist on taking the low road and being more unprofessional with each post here.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Force10

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

Yep...SimHQ is the cause of all your apparent inadequacies when it comes to your DRM issues.

Rather then actually just addressing the issue...you always seem to insist on taking the low road and being more unprofessional with each post here.

How, exactly, am I supposed to respond to a post completely misrepresenting our customer support and asserting that the F-14 should be given away for free because the activation key has to be reentered at certain points?

Actually, not at all, is the appropriate answer. I've finally had my eureka moment.

I finally bow out.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 02:11 AM

He'll be back

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 02:14 AM

Actually, not at all, is the appropriate answer. I've finally had my eureka moment.

I finally bow out.

I thought you came to that conclusion in a previous post here, but maybe I got you confused with a different DCS 3rd party developer. If it was my mistake, then it seems to be a recurring thing at SimHQ.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Force10

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

How, exactly, am I supposed to respond to a post completely misrepresenting our customer support and asserting that the F-14 should be given away for free because the activation key has to be reentered at certain points?

One possibly wiser tactic would be to ignore it.

I'm not sure if you realized this...but it's something most of us have known for 15 years...the flight sim crowd is a tough one and can be harsh. If you go into this business with thin skin, and take every jab at your product as a personal insult that needs to be countered with your own...then I don't have much sympathy.

Your business...you handle it however you want...but we certainly have seen in the past that hands on developers don't always make the best customer relations decisions.

Personally...I don't care if announcements are delayed etc. I only concern myself with tangible problems on products I have paid for. That doesn't mean that I'm in a position to censor people's complaints that don't concern me personally.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 02:24 AM

Only on SimHQ™

Priceless.

Every single customer who has ever asked for a key replacement (even with substantial amounts of remaining activations) has received one promptly without questions asked. Keep making redicilous assumptions about our customer support though and how we're making enemies of ourselves.

WOW, you completely misunderstand. Yours is the only module that is doing this for me. How about fixing the problem with the CP on your module to make it like all the others. I all the modules for DCS, they all use SF (AFAIK) and yours is the only one that does this. Emailing to get more keys should only be a temp solution, this has been going on for quite a while now. FIX IT.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Mustang60348
WOW, you completely misunderstand.

And you are misinformed. Leatherneck knows that issuing more activations is not a sustainable solution. They are working on a fix, but I doubt they will bother telling anyone here that for a while now.

To find a permanent fix for the erroneous request for activation (regardless of changed hardware) - we are working to implement a fix that reduces the frequency of this error.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: VincentLaw

You realize the developer just spent his personal time on a third party fansite forum replying directly a thread that is available to banned people. The customer service can't get much better than this without Leatherneck sending a technician directly to your house to fix the problem.

For people who can't or won't visit the official DCS forums, I have quoted the relevant message below.

Dear All,

Unfortunately, this might mean that in 1.5.1 and in one future patch, you may be prompted for one additional activation of your license key. However, do not fret.

To put it bluntly; we will replace your key at any given time should you need it.

If you are low on activations or have completely run out; please send us an e-mail to:
nicholas.dackard@gmail.com and we will work with you to replace your key.

Please try to limit yourselves and only request a change in key if you feel it absolutely necessary to help alleviate our workload.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused,

Thank you,
Nick & LS

Actually Customer service can be MUCH better, fix a problem that has been known about for months on a CP scheme that all modules use and that only the Mig21 seems to have this problem. The problem is not with getting keys it is leaving a problem unsolved for so long. Contact the makers of Starforce or perhaps Eagle Dynamics and find out why only the Mig 21 has this problem.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 02:31 AM

WOW, you completely misunderstand.

And you are misinformed. Leatherneck knows that issuing more activations is not a sustainable solution. They are working on a fix, but I doubt they will bother telling anyone here that for a while now.

a solution to reduce the frequency of this error, are you freaking kidding me. I have all the modules the Mig 21 is the only one that does this ever. I have even upgraded my Motherboard about 5 months ago and the only module that sneezed at it was the Mig 21, no other module did. IOW, whatever hash the CP is using to determine a hardware change is set too aggressive in the Mig 21

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 02:31 AM

Actually Customer service can be MUCH better

You are talking about quality assurance, not customer service. Those are two different things.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 02:34 AM

Actually Customer service can be MUCH better

You are talking about quality assurance, not customer service. Those are two different things.

You are so wrong.

"Customer service is the service provided to customers before, during and after purchasing and using goods and services. Good customer service provides an experience that meets customer expectations. It produces satisfied customers."

I wonder how you would feel if you bought a car and it refused to start each morning. When you contacted the dealer, they sent a person out to get your car started. I feel fairly certain you would complain about their Customer Service.

This is the thing about computer games, people seem to be willing to put up with a lot more from devs than from any other type of service. Then again, I had a guy here a couple of weeks ago tell me the devs were analogous to his best friend, so what you are you going to do.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 02:36 AM

Nicholas

I am going to ask you the most serious question I have ever asked you.

Is Starforce really worth the time and aggravation to you and your customers.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 03:56 AM

I finally bow out.

Maybe customer service standards are lower in your country. Typically when something significant is wrong with the product more is done than a half baked fixed. Especially seeing that the MIG-21 module has been out for well over a year now. I'd say issues with activating the product are rather significant. Even in the game industry we've seen other companies who released products with glaring issues (Ubisoft, WB Games) take big steps to remedy the problem.

And I'm sorry that I don't subscribe to your threads. The majority of your customers likely never visit the forums and will never know of these fixes or procedures. Perhaps updating the store page and notifying potential customers of activation complications would be a good step forward.
Posted By: nadal

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 04:46 AM

I understand your frustration but asking for free copy of their next flagship module is a bit harsh for smaller developer company imo.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 05:48 AM

Originally Posted By: nadal
I understand your frustration but asking for free copy of their next flagship module is a bit harsh for smaller developer company imo.

I think the ideal step forward is to let potential customers know about possible activation problems. I have not added it to my cart so I don't know if they currently do this. DRM and account related things have been annoying me a lot this past week. If overbearing DRM works it is one thing, but asking someone to buy a game with limited activations only for it to have problems for so long is a bad business practice. And requires some additional steps make good on it with their customers. This is just my opinion and I am not just referring to LN or anything DCS related.
Posted By: Crowley

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 08:01 AM

I work in the construction industry where 'down to the anchor bolts' is very similar to software developing. A design is made, things start getting built based on said design and changes usually happen; several or a hundred times before it's completed. A huge majority of people know nothing about coding (I know how to do simple stuff) or construction. Almost everyone thinks things can be change because it's "common these days". This is obviously not the case. Sure, things can be added and/or replaced, but that takes time and resources depending on the SIZE of these changes. That also costs additional money; redoing the work, ordering more/new materials to complete said work, etc. Nothing is "common" these days since that word means nothing anymore. There is no 'common sense', just nonsense.

I am a CAD draftsman (Computer Aided Drafting) with 20 years experience and I know it takes one idiot (CEO/boss/client) to decide "Lets do this because I had a 'vision'" can add 50-100%+ more time on a project than normal because they think someone can 'click a button' & it's done. That happens to me almost on a daily basis. "We need this job completed yesterday, but we can only send you the files tomorrow" type of deal.

Unless all of the complainers know "so much more" than these 'developers' (at least in your own opinion) and can do a better job, I suggest you complainers create a better simulator for cheaper (like free as some have suggested), that will also be a competitor against DCS.

I'll agree, to a point, that I don't like what DCS is doing. But maybe that's due to my age & short fuse for 'beta/early release' games/modules/etc. But that technically has nothing to do with 3rd party developers, but THAT is because I know how contracts work (I did plenty of freelance work). Company A (DCS) hires Company B to do "this", all B does is the work they were told/contracted to do. Only DCS & the 3rd parties know what that contract says, they will most likely not provide proof.
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 08:46 AM

That's way overboard Crowley. The point here is that this module is the only one with an activation problem. ED and the other devs obviously have a slighly different or less aggressive mechanism.......so it should be a very easy issue that requires minimal resources to find a solution.

LN shouldn't be looking for a fix that reduces the frequency of this issue. They should be finding the fix full-stop as it isn't a common problem that any other dev has and the expertise is obviously out there. It's also in EDs interest (or should be) that this problem is put to bed.
Posted By: Remon

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Paradaz
That's way overboard Crowley. The point here is that this module is the only one with an activation problem. ED and the other devs obviously have a slighly different or less aggressive mechanism.......so it should be a very easy issue that requires minimal resources to find a solution.

LN shouldn't be looking for a fix that reduces the frequency of this issue. They should be finding the fix full-stop as it isn't a common problem that any other dev has and the expertise is obviously out there. It's also in EDs interest (or should be) that this problem is put to bed.

I thought the point was how LN wasn't going to release two modules this year?

Force10, can you please explain the going off topic rules? They don't seem to apply the same way to every post...
Posted By: Speyer

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 01:18 PM

Regardless, and I have the same issues with the MiG 21, and ONLY the MiG 21, seemingly driving a dev away from the forum doesn't seem like the best course of action but there you go.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Remon

I thought the point was how LN wasn't going to release two modules this year?

Force10, can you please explain the going off topic rules? They don't seem to apply the same way to every post...

We're all concerned that this activation issue may also affect LN's two modules they're potentially announcing this year. smile

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Speyer
Regardless, and I have the same issues with the MiG 21, and ONLY the MiG 21, seemingly driving a dev away from the forum doesn't seem like the best course of action but there you go.

He chose to walk away rather than face the criticism that his product warrants. To put a "beta" tag on a product does not exclude it from criticism if money has changed hands especially if that product has an issue that has not been resolved for over a year. I think all the 3rd parties and a lot of folk need to realize that. I don't care about the f14 or the other 2 modules, it will be a very long time before I spend anymore money on a dcs product. I want the product I have already paid for to work. If a developer can't understand that he is in the wrong business or he simply does not care about his customers.
Posted By: nadal

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: nadal

I think the ideal step forward is to let potential customers know about possible activation problems. I have not added it to my cart so I don't know if they currently do this. DRM and account related things have been annoying me a lot this past week. If overbearing DRM works it is one thing, but asking someone to buy a game with limited activations only for it to have problems for so long is a bad business practice. And requires some additional steps make good on it with their customers. This is just my opinion and I am not just referring to LN or anything DCS related.

I might be wrong but doesn't it re-store the activation(s) every month or week?
So that we actually have unlimited activation...?
Posted By: Speyer

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 10:10 PM

If you email them they send you a new key with another ten activations it seems.
Posted By: bogusheadbox

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/08/15 10:48 PM

Maybe i am missing something here.

But there does seem to be an overabundance of pitchforks and torches on this issue.

Ok, there is an activation problem. Cobra has advised that they are working on a fix, to which i believe some have misinterpreted his response.

And if that fails, its written here that you just need to email for more activations. I think that is acceptable, so i don't understand the intense focus on this.

However before cobra, bowed out in a huff, i have to say i am a tad disappointed he made a sweeping generalisation of negativity towards the entirety of simhq. I believe that could have been handled in a more professional manner.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/09/15 01:26 AM

Kinda-sorta the point of the open beta branch is to feel free to allow a lower grade of QA during development. It's a development branch rife with errors by nature.

The confusion is coming from the "1.5 is out!" crowd when it isn't.

I'm happy if LN continues to develop the best aircraft modules they can, working on partial project and developing new ones at an appropriate rate.
Posted By: Ark

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/09/15 03:10 AM

Never had any issues with LN, their customer service or their DRM.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/09/15 04:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Speyer
If you email them they send you a new key with another ten activations it seems.

I can't say how LN handles it, but when I did it for an ED product they said they won't refill activations. Essentially you have to drain it to 0. Then after a month you will gain an activation. Each month after that you will gain one more. Swap out some hardware or the DRM has a bug and I assume you're back to 0 and must wait again. Depending on how frequently you change hardware/software you might be in a frequent locked out phase.

Deactivating my modules before my recent SSD installation and then reactivating after I was done depleted 1 activation on all my modules. Meaning the system certainly doesn't work too well.
Posted By: Maico

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/09/15 06:25 AM

The holidays are coming. People will take time off. I don't expect to see any new modules until after Christmas or New Years. That is a shame.
I can only speak for my experience with ED customer support. I wrote an email. Got response the next day. I sent another email. A couple of days later got a fix. The people were very friendly. I restrained from being pushy or critical in spite of my frustration at the time. In the end, I was very pleased.
I hope LN continues to provide customer support in the form of keys. I now have the MiG-21 locked out like everyone who did the latest update. NOT COOL, but as long as LN don't deny me keys to my product, I will put up with this. Why? Because MiG-21 is just such a good module. I hope they make more modules. But I don't expect anything soon.
Flogger, you having to wait for a month to get ED to help you is BS. You should write a email to the admins or someone. This is bad business. It is ridiculous to have a customer wait a month for something he already paid for.
Having said that and speaking in general terms, always be polite when you ask for help. If you are the angry poster, you can bet your bottom dollar they will put you in the back burner. I like to begin with "Please" and end with "Thank You". So far, I have had good luck with ED.
P.S. If I ran LN, I would be very careful who I sent out to represent my products. You don't send a guy with a whip to put down a lynch mob. Cobra needs to address the issues. Ok, say you are offended, BUT ADDRESS THE ISSUES. Its your product, you want to keep the customers happy.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/09/15 07:12 AM

^^^ Can't say fairer than that

The Mig is one of two modules I havent purchased. (L-39 being the other). I was burned by the Hawk so won't be pre-purchasing anything else from this point on. I fully intend to have a complete DCS 'World' over time and will continue to support ED and the 3rd party devs but it's reasons like this I'm not rushing to pickup the Mig at the moment.......absolutely pointless being in a position where you can't play it especially when simply updating a beta installation loses an activation. Combine that with hardware upgrades and software installations/reinstallations and it becomes a chore very quickly.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/09/15 04:28 PM

Paradaz... comparing Hawk with Mig21 is a bit... ridiculous.

I can understand your sadness but I...for instance... I bought Mig21 and L39 and I have only smiles for you biggrin .

Think about it... VEAO announced they are working on the EFM of the Hawk and still had problems with taxiing... one year after SFM had such problems... That while I was flying L-39 PFM. Then it hits you... FM means "flight model" not taxiing model... so basically... "smile-able" .

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/09/15 07:03 PM

I'm not intending to compare aircraft/bugs.......my point is more general than that.

I'm simply not going to pre-pay into betas anymore and fund development of unfinished modules that don't even have an end date in sight.

I'm not starting to like the idea of an unfinished/unpolished 'world' where everything in it is also unfinished while new announcements are made regarding new platforms. The whole idea of pre-pay was a bit novel to start with but there doesn't seem to be incentive to finish something off now when more revenue can be brought in on the announcement of a new platform into beta.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/09/15 07:08 PM

I'm happy for people with this discipline. The whole hype bump following the announcement and beta but not when it's actually done is a little perverse.
Posted By: Vitesse

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/09/15 07:18 PM

I can see where Paradaz is coming from. I'd certainly like the beta modules completed with their promised features, training and campaigns.

At the same time I knew what I was doing when I bought them and I have no regrets.

I don't own the Hawk or C101 though. I might feel different about them.
Posted By: Jerkzilla

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/09/15 09:30 PM

Kinda-sorta the point of the open beta branch is to feel free to allow a lower grade of QA during development. It's a development branch rife with errors by nature.

I'm happy if LN continues to develop the best aircraft modules they can, working on partial project and developing new ones at an appropriate rate.

I do agree that we shouldn't forget that the current version is prefixed with BETA and problems should thus be expected. On the other hand, with DCS, betas last so long it's no wonder we tend to forget what it means. Plus, the Mig 21 had this activation problem since before 1.5.

Still blown out of proportions though.

On the actual topic, I don't get the bile over them missing their own announcement deadline. Big whoop, of all the problems I have to deal with, I really wish this one was my biggest. Which is a bit ironic since it's really their business and livelihoods hinging on releasing things efficiently, yet people act like Leatherneck is somehow getting away with something by delaying.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/09/15 09:36 PM

In all honesty they probably made a rod for their own back by making such a big deal about announcing an announcement in the first place.

Lets be honest......an announcement can be made anytime yet you've had a reasonable sized crowd on the ED forums pressing 'F5' repeatedly since September and frothing over whether this is really an announcement or a pre-xmas stealth release.
Posted By: Maico

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/10/15 05:00 AM

Paradaz, I was a bit put off by your post about the Hawk/Mig-21 but you then redeemed yourself. I understand your frustration. I even feel I have walked down the road you are on.
A year ago I was ready to buy ANYTHING ED put out. Then I got the Hawk and the C-101. I threw out my anchor and stomped on my brakes. These made me go to FSX for a while and eventually I ended up in P3D.
However, DCSW is a Damn good program and there are plenty of good modules out there. The MiG-15 and 21 are my favorite Study Sims. MiG-21 for sheer complexity of systems and MiG-15 for its masochistic flight model when flying against the Sabre. I am trying to teach myself to be good at these.
FC3 continues to grow on me. The MiG-29 is my new favorite (are we seeing a trend here?) with its 6dof pit it is a new and very rewarding aircraft to fly.
The 109/190 I dabble with a little. I don't approve of the landing/takeoff fm. I believe they are ridiculous. However a little quick mission vs the Mustang makes me feel the 109K is Boss.

I said all that to say, Don't Miss Out. There is a lot of goodness in DCS now.

Have Fun!

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/10/15 06:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Maico
The 109/190 I dabble with a little. I don't approve of the landing/takeoff fm. I believe they are ridiculous. However a little quick mission vs the Mustang makes me feel the 109K is Boss. ...

At first I thought P51 was a bit hard to fly off the ground. Not deadly but a bit hard... then it got like child easy. Then was Dora that seemed hard, I crashed it a bit and throw some words at it...then it got easy also... Then K4 appeared... and started a sh... storm. WTH am I doing wrong. I was playing with 4-5 of my buddies and almost all we were crashing like kids on take off... all but one. The one that got the biggest problems with P-51 had the littlest with K4. Now... if I do all "by the book", flies true. It's still a manace but it flies biggrin

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/13/15 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Jerkzilla

I do agree that we shouldn't forget that the current version is prefixed with BETA and problems should thus be expected. On the other hand, with DCS, betas last so long it's no wonder we tend to forget what it means. Plus, the Mig 21 had this activation problem since before 1.5.

Still blown out of proportions though.

On the actual topic, I don't get the bile over them missing their own announcement deadline. Big whoop, of all the problems I have to deal with, I really wish this one was my biggest. Which is a bit ironic since it's really their business and livelihoods hinging on releasing things efficiently, yet people act like Leatherneck is somehow getting away with something by delaying.

Then they should stop making grandiose statements about the announcements of announcements and of course the hyperbole about use being flooded with screenshots, videos, pre-views etc. It is all just more bluster that they will fail to deliver.

It is now Nov 13th, if you look at the timelines from most modules, we should be getting the 'we aren't going to release anything this year' announcement very soon. Remember, the first announcement from them was supposed to be in Aug then Sep, then Oct and now it's 'looking good for Nov', though in fairness, he didn't state a year.

Also, we were originally supposed to see the F-14 this year too and well, now they are saying 'internal beta in first half of 2016, but expect that date to change drastically'. So we will be very lucky to see the F-14 next year.

And of course the Mig21 was 2 years late but alas 'reasons' , of course they were also about 6+ months from the 'guaranteed March 30th' release date that Cobra was gleeful to lord over me only to miss that one as well.
Posted By: WaveHopper

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/13/15 11:33 AM

For a long time I thought DCS was an acronym for Delayed Constantly Simulations.

I like their stuff and I really enjoy playing it, but I pay absolutely no attention to their website or announcements as they never hit their deadlines.

I don't see the point in getting so wound up by it though, there are more important things in life to worry about than entertainment.
Posted By: trindade

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/13/15 11:41 AM

Originally Posted By: WaveHopper

I don't see the point in getting so wound up by it though, there are more important things in life to worry about than entertainment.

That's soooo true. Many people put this wonderful hobby on the wrong side of life.
Posted By: Zoomie13

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/13/15 01:48 PM

Then they should stop making grandiose statements about the announcements of announcements and of course the hyperbole about use being flooded with screenshots, videos, pre-views etc. It is all just more bluster that they will fail to deliver.

It is now Nov 13th, if you look at the timelines from most modules, we should be getting the 'we aren't going to release anything this year' announcement very soon. Remember, the first announcement from them was supposed to be in Aug then Sep, then Oct and now it's 'looking good for Nov', though in fairness, he didn't state a year.

Also, we were originally supposed to see the F-14 this year too and well, now they are saying 'internal beta in first half of 2016, but expect that date to change drastically'. So we will be very lucky to see the F-14 next year.

And of course the Mig21 was 2 years late but alas 'reasons' , of course they were also about 6+ months from the 'guaranteed March 30th' release date that Cobra was gleeful to lord over me only to miss that one as well.

So what, Mustang?
What does this actually cost you, anyway?

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/13/15 02:01 PM

Why does it have to come down to cost? Cost isn't mentioned anywhere so not sure why you'd immediately correlate Mustang's post with that.

He's simply highlighting hyperbole around making announcements and not delivering or following through with them on the proposed dates if I'm not mistaken.

No costs, no harm, no offence to anyone....no need for any insults, aggression or to become defensive.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/13/15 02:23 PM

Quote:
He's simply highlighting hyperbole

,,,in a somewhat gleefull and smug manner. At least that's how it reads to me.

He seems very pleased to be able to 'call' devs. Which is fine, but when it's over and over again...
Posted By: Sobek

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/13/15 03:17 PM

You can either get used to it or move to other places. It's not gonna stop and nothing is going to be done about it. What you are doing right now will be considered interference with the right to free expression of one's opinion.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/13/15 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Vitesse
Quote:
He's simply highlighting hyperbole

,,,in a somewhat gleefull and smug manner. At least that's how it reads to me.

He seems very pleased to be able to 'call' devs. Which is fine, but when it's over and over again...

Can you quote the gleeful and smug words from my post please.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/13/15 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Sobek
You can either get used to it or move to other places. It's not gonna stop and nothing is going to be done about it. What you are doing right now will be considered interference with the right to free expression of one's opinion.

Not from me you won't.

Personally I think the response he gave was perfect, he projected his feelings onto me and my post which is perfect.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/13/15 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Zoomie13

So what, Mustang?

Can you quote my post where I said or even indicated that there was a cost to me.
Posted By: Jerkzilla

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/13/15 04:22 PM

Yep, all of that could be true as far as I'm concerned. And possibly aside from the 21's rollercoaster development ( already addressed many times by the team) which did involve a kickstarter and people's money, I don't see anything worth genuinely holding against them. Because you know what? Whenever they get those unannounced modules out, if it's something I like and deem worth the money , I will buy it, regardless of what rocky road it took to get released*.

*Unless the road involved slave kittens.
Posted By: Nate

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/14/15 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Jerkzilla

Yep, all of that could be true as far as I'm concerned. And possibly aside from the 21's rollercoaster development ( already addressed many times by the team) which did involve a kickstarter and people's money, I don't see anything worth genuinely holding against them. Because you know what? Whenever they get those unannounced modules out, if it's something I like and deem worth the money , I will buy it, regardless of what rocky road it took to get released*.

*Unless the road involved slave kittens.

It seems you've missed the point entirely. They've missed the deadline for the announcement. The announcement!

Nate

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/14/15 11:47 AM

So what, Mustang?

Can you quote my post where I said or even indicated that there was a cost to me.

You just seem to be spending a lot of time and energy pursuing a vendetta against something that you say hasn't cost you anything... screwy
Posted By: straycat

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/14/15 12:12 PM

Cobra announces new modules, knowing what excitement it will create, then fails to deliver the announcements and waits for 3-10 weeks to acknowledge the delay. People get excited over new LN stuff so it is cobras fault when people get annoyed by this. If he said one day after a missed deadline that it will take at least another month people would not come back every day to check an get disappointed. That is what Mustang is talking about. Developers built exctiement then failed a deadline. So please stop with the backhanded "get a life" hating on mustang.

If you accuse Mustang of having no life because he complains about missed deadlines on a flight sim on a flight sim forum then you should:

Consider your own life choices if you spend your day coming to a flight sim forum to tell people who complain about flight sim stuff to get a life.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/14/15 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: straycat
Cobra announces new modules, knowing what excitement it will create, then fails to deliver the announcements and waits for 3-10 weeks to acknowledge the delay. People get excited over new LN stuff so it is cobras fault when people get annoyed by this. If he said one day after a missed deadline that it will take at least another month people would not come back every day to check an get disappointed. That is what Mustang is talking about. Developers built exctiement then failed a deadline. So please stop with the backhanded "get a life" hating on mustang.

If you accuse Mustang of having no life because he complains about missed deadlines on a flight sim on a flight sim forum then you should:

Consider your own life choices if you spend your day coming to a flight sim forum to tell people who complain about flight sim stuff to get a life.

Or maybe you should consider your own life choices when you tell people who tell people who complain about flight sim stuff to get a life to get a life.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/14/15 12:50 PM

Originally Posted By: straycat

I never said anything about anyone needing to "get a life". What I have suggested is that everyone needs to take some personal responsibility for managing their own "excitement" (as you put it).

Did your parents always buy you a toy when you threw a tantrum in the store?..

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/14/15 01:07 PM

What I have suggested is that everyone needs to take some personal responsibility for managing their own "excitement" (as you put it).

Now ain't that the truth! cheers

Having said that, it was nice knowing you. Stand by for retaliatory wave of self-righteous indignation in 3...2...1 biggrin

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/14/15 01:28 PM

Stand by for retaliatory wave of self-righteous indignation in 3...2...1 biggrin

Yes, I know...
It's inevitable.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/14/15 03:05 PM

So what, Mustang?

You just seem to be spending a lot of time and energy pursuing a vendetta against something that you say hasn't cost you anything... screwy

I have a life thanks.
Posted By: leaf_on_the_wind

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/14/15 04:05 PM

Iam more concerned with loosing a MIG-21 activation EVERY time I update, are these jokers ever
going to sort this out , no other 3rd party has this issue
Posted By: cichlidfan

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/14/15 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: leaf_on_the_wind
Iam more concerned with loosing a MIG-21 activation EVERY time I update, are these jokers ever

Originally Posted By: Cobra847;2551475
5 New Activations have now been added to every serial number regardless of previous level.

The final fix for this issue will eventually require you to re-activate one final time.
More information on that later.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2551475&postcount=56

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/14/15 09:31 PM

I have noticed above normal levels of DRM trouble for MiG-21. What are they doing differently?

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 12:34 AM

Have you missed any playing time due to this bug?

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 02:12 AM

I have uninstalled the mig due to the bug. I no longer fly it. To me it was a waste of money in the respect that I payed for a product I don't use. That was due to the bug. Now in future I will not purchase anymore LN products in case they turn out to be the same waste of money. If they resolve the bug in the future maybe I'll change my point of view.
Posted By: leaf_on_the_wind

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 09:44 AM

Not yet, the last patch used 2 of my activations for mig-21, but luckily they gave us more or would have lost time playing it, thanks for your concern it is heart warming

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 11:39 AM

No need for smug returns, it was a simple question.
Posted By: 3instein

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 12:41 PM

Stand by for retaliatory wave of self-righteous indignation in 3...2...1 biggrin

band popcorn

Mick. smile
Posted By: Tom_Weiss

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 12:48 PM

let me indulge you wink

some all that they do is to attack those that are critical of the developer.

This kind never posts anything positive here, never contributes anything, never gives feedback to those like me that actually do something for the community , all they do is to pose as defenders of a developer, what is a developer ? nothing more than a business selling a product.

and we as a consumers, just happen to consume in a market that is a monopoly, thence the frustration of many of us.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: 3instein
[...]

I wouldn't have objected had it been adressed at me. wink

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 12:59 PM

check again wink

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Tom_Weiss
check again wink

Hey Thomas, you know what? Why don't you get yourself a copy of one of the fine german DCS manuals that i helped create and give me some feedback on my chapters? How about that? wink

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 01:16 PM

My German is poor - very basic, I cannot gauge your work, but I can say that it is good that you did it , I hope that the developer gave you back something in return, you should be proud of your work.

the difference between me and the bulk of you guys, is that I am able to do this without any problems, perhaps that should be the next DCS Module:

DCS fairness with those that disagree with you.

wink

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 01:18 PM

And yet whenever i post on SimHQ you appear to take shots at me. This is one of those famous pot/kettle conundrums.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 01:21 PM

that is because I have a better memory than you from our past meetings. You forgot, I did not.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 01:45 PM

Not yet, the last patch used 2 of my activations for mig-21, but luckily they gave us more or would have lost time playing it, thanks for your concern it is heart warming

So, you like to whine for whine's sake?

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 01:57 PM

And yet whenever i post on SimHQ you appear to take shots at me. This is one of those famous pot/kettle conundrums.

You may recall referring to SimHQ as one of the 'seedier sites' whilst posting on the ED boards......I would assume that labelling an entire community like that won't endear you to members, especially those that recall your previous posts here whilst being affiliated with ED.

Many of the community are possibly biting their lip and don't want or don't feel the need to return an equivalent and childish retort. I know one of them very well.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 02:45 PM

You may recall referring to SimHQ as one of the 'seedier sites' whilst posting on the ED boards

Sorry, i can't find any post in my history on EDs boards referring to SimHQ as 'seedy' or 'seedier'. Would you mind pointing me to said post?

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 03:36 PM

I think it may be Sithspawn who used that description.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 03:40 PM

Doesn't come up in his post history either.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 04:02 PM

That doesn't mean it wasn't said. Although, IIRC, he did not specifically refer to SimHQ in the statement.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By: cichlidfan

That doesn't mean it wasn't said. Although, IIRC, he did not specifically refer to SimHQ in the statement.

it did refer to SimHQ ,

this is the now deleted post and thread link

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2536587&postcount=22

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151424&page=3

and the thread was in answer to a thread here at SimHQ

both got wide circulation, that is why I have it as well.

if those associated with the developer of DCS by behaved the same starndards that they demand from anyone else, we would have a much nicer community.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 04:53 PM

Thanks for the correction. My memory is not what it used to be. wink

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 04:58 PM

anyhow, it is old stuff now, best forgotten.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: cichlidfan

Could be, i honestly can't recall either way.

I won't however be responsible for every stupid thing somebody says that Paradaz doesn't agree with just because i'm the last of the (ex)moderators who posts here. I have accumulated enough idiotic posts to my name on this board all by myself. neaner

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 07:39 PM

The point is that if you're going to tar an entire community with a silly statement you have to assume that more than just one or two people are going to remember.......so no need to act all surprised when someone disagrees with something you say and it comes back to bite you on the backside like it has here.

You're not the last of the ED moderators that post here so not sure why you would think that has any bearing on why someone may disagree with you. I've simply pointed out that the irony is on yourself and that you shouldn't act surprised when you're practically inviting 'retaliatory waves of self-righteous indignation' and then telling people not to be smug when someone does reply, especially when you're posting that rubbish on the same forums that you've previously labelled.

Back on topic, you will also notice that no-one 'retaliated' in the manner you tried to indicate would be expected. There have been a couple of posts about the product giving reasons why the activation problem is a bit of pain. Personally, I'll own every module there is to own over time (I am only missing two and the Mig 21 is one of them for this reason)...with so many different planes to fly it makes no sense for me to me to buy this one just for the sake of it with such a fundamental problem in place. With 1.5, the frequent updates and 2.0 coming December(ish) it will probably run out of activations before I can spend some decent time with it. It may not be a massive issue, but it's big enough for me to delay paying out for it at this moment in time.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 07:48 PM

The point is that if you're going to tar an entire community with a silly statement you have to assume that more than just one or two people are going to remember.......so no need to act all surprised when someone disagrees with something you say and it comes back to bite you on the backside like it has here.

Come back to bite me? It wasn't me who said that. You're not only being liberal with the truth, that is a strictly made up accusation.

Besides if i predict that a few members are going to retort in their patented manner, that doesn't mean that i'm stamping off a whole community. Or are you going to tell me that you or any other member speaks for all of SimHQ?

You're not the last of the ED moderators that post here so not sure why you would think that has any bearing on why someone may disagree with you. I've simply pointed out that the irony is on yourself and that you shouldn't act surprised when you're practically inviting 'retaliatory waves of self-righteous indignation' and then telling people not to be smug when someone does reply, especially when you're posting that rubbish on the same forums that you've previously labelled.

And as i previously mentioned, i wouldn't have said a thing had it been directed at me. However in the case of Remon, it was a neutral question without ill intent, so the smug answer was uncalled for.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 08:06 PM

Could be, i honestly can't recall either way.

Come back to bite me? It wasn't me who said that.

I recall it quite clearly. End of our discussion.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 08:36 PM

Hey, wth? You are twisting the words in my mouth. That was about whether Sith had said it. I'm certain *i* didn't, and unless you have proof to the contrary, i'd like you to stop these cheap character assassination attempts.
Posted By:

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 08:45 PM

It must be really traumatic,if longtime moderator has this signature :
"not affiliated with ED Member "
be ashamed affiliation with ed - priceless wink

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 08:49 PM

Hey, whatever helps you hate ED and me even more. Have a hate-fest.

Re: LN and their 2 modules this year. - 11/15/15 09:27 PM

Enough
© 2024 SimHQ Forums