homepage

Geesh Now a gardner!

Posted By: WingNuts01

Geesh Now a gardner! - 10/06/15 12:42 AM

Well thought I'd try growing. Hunting is turning out to be problematic! Nailed a deer at 559 yards. By the time I got there it was gone..... So, growing pumpkin ant tomato seemed a good idea.

Getting bored with it.......

Wingy

Posted By: Sluggish Controls

Re: Geesh Now a gardner! - 10/06/15 04:22 AM

Agriculture has been a very short phase in my latest char life. Quickly went off looking for troubles, and finding me some.

On a side note, I've been unable to cut trees down recently. Both axes don't work on my end.
Just me, or known bug on latest update?

Cheers,
Slug
Posted By: Harry-the-Ruskie

Re: Geesh Now a gardner! - 10/06/15 07:52 AM

Originally Posted By: WingNuts01
Well thought I'd try growing. Hunting is turning out to be problematic! Nailed a deer at 559 yards. By the time I got there it was gone..... So, growing pumpkin ant tomato seemed a good idea.

Getting bored with it.......

Wingy

Be honest. What do find appealing about the current state of the game ? You seem to be hooking with Dozer on a regular basis. I asked him for his views and he replied briefly and cryptically that it's "getting better".
Posted By: WingNuts01

Re: Geesh Now a gardner! - 10/06/15 05:25 PM

Hello guys.

Slug, try looking at the tree and scroll the mouse wheel. You should get a prompt to cut wood or scrape bark. It should be yellow I think.

Harry, we wanted to set up a camp and live off the land so to speak. Hunt, fish, try out the various game mechanics. We're mostly on a private server that lately feels broken in my view. No M4's, or Winchesters can be found on this server. Heli crashes the last week have been rare if at all. We have covered the map daily, I mean 80% of the map including Quonset huts. We are geared with back up pretty well. Christ, We could open a store I think.

Honest Harry, I've been playing this as a hunter gather, camping game lately. If the animals were working, vehicles drove correctly and spawns had meaningful gear (read no hockey sticks)then my current mind set would be happy. I have a character on public to PVP with that I'll probably go back too soon. Even then my mind set is to have a camp with back ups and amenities. I enjoy trying to locate and hide a camp. Analyzing probable traffic patterns players will use and avoiding those while still offering concealment when fires are used. Dozer is correct "getting better", though it's not happening fast enough.

Hope I conveyed what you were asking,

Wingy
Posted By: HeinKill

Re: Geesh Now a gardner! - 10/13/15 10:38 AM

At first I used to like the 'oh crud!' feeling of zeds or human players sneaking up on me or suddenly appearing when I didn't expect it, it really creeped me out. I also liked the challenge of finding automatic weapons or sniper rifles and the right ammo to go with.

Then I learned how easy it was to kill the dumb zeds (seriously, with a teddy bear?), and avoid getting killed by the dumb humans. Also, it became seemingly impossible to find automatic weapons/ammo without combing the entire map and every location seemed looted out, so there was no return on the invested time. When you do every mil location and check two chopper wrecks and find nada, and it took you two hours, wtf is the point? Farming and fishing? Yawn.

I check in here now and then hoping to see the zombie AI has been really improved or a new twist added, but it doesn't seem so.

I think they should rename it DayS (for survival sim), since it seems it is about everything except zombies now.

H
Posted By: Ratcatcher

Re: Geesh Now a gardner! - 10/13/15 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: HeinKill
I think they should rename it DayS (for survival sim), since it seems it is about everything except zombies now. H

Couldn't agree more...where did all the zombies go???
Posted By: Para_Bellum

Re: Geesh Now a gardner! - 10/16/15 07:54 AM

In a nutshell, Zs kill the server performance so until that part of the code is rewritten they have been removed from the game. And yeah, a zombie survival game without zombies is pretty...meh.

Re: Geesh Now a gardner! - 10/21/15 10:17 PM

I'll say it again, so maybe SOMEONE OUT THERE will hear it.

The Zed problem is so easy to solve. All you have to do is create some player skins as zombies, give zombie players a load more hit points, and limit them to carrying melee weapons.

Pretty soon the server will be flooded with players playing zombies (you'd have to limit the number per server), and the zed/fps/AI problem is SOLVED.

H

Yes, yes, I'm sure they could also allow the Zeds to fish and farm if they wanted to...
Posted By: HitchHikingFlatlander

Re: Geesh Now a gardner! - 10/26/15 03:30 AM

This is a game thats easy to want to love but it slow progress makes it so difficult to imagine it will ever get to a point where you can love it. Well theres always the Arma 2 DayZ mod/s.
Posted By: bonchie

Re: Geesh Now a gardner! - 10/27/15 08:44 PM

I actually think a realistic post-apocalyptic survival game without zombies would be cool. With a focus on individual survival and maybe warring factions later on.

It seems like every game of that genre ends having zombies or mutants and I don't bother with them.
Posted By: SkateZilla

Re: Geesh Now a gardner! - 10/28/15 12:01 AM

next, we'll be able to procreate... watch.
Posted By: Cali

Re: Geesh Now a gardner! - 11/27/15 02:00 AM

Try Epoch, I've just learned about how to build bases and it's a blast!

Re: Geesh Now a gardner! - 11/28/15 11:27 AM

Epoch mod or Epoch robot blaster game?

I'm not familiar.
Posted By: robmypro

Re: Geesh Now a gardner! - 11/30/15 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: bonchie
I actually think a realistic post-apocalyptic survival game without zombies would be cool. With a focus on individual survival and maybe warring factions later on.

It seems like every game of that genre ends having zombies or mutants and I don't bother with them.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/305620/
Posted By: Sluggish Controls

Re: Geesh Now a gardner! - 12/01/15 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By: robmypro
Originally Posted By: bonchie

http://store.steampowered.com/app/305620/

"The Long Dark" is a gem. Very surprised it hasn't made it any bigger among the survivalists out there on Steam.
Fantastic game.

Cheers,
Slug
Posted By: Ajay

Re: Geesh Now a gardner! - 02/08/16 02:39 AM

TLD is wicked. Been getting my survival kicks there the last couple of weeks.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums