homepage

A10C goes right to mission complete

Posted By: specialksl

A10C goes right to mission complete - 03/05/13 01:07 AM

I choose a mission and then click fly the bar on the bottom goes from left to right and then goes to the screen and asks if I want to fly again. What is the problem?
Posted By: Blooze

Re: A10C goes right to mission complete - 03/05/13 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By: specialksl
I choose a mission and then click fly the bar on the bottom goes from left to right and then goes to the screen and asks if I want to fly again. What is the problem?

I would try DCS repair first.
Posted By: eno75

Re: A10C goes right to mission complete - 03/05/13 03:42 AM

Is this a mission you created or one that you downloaded somewhere?

Re: A10C goes right to mission complete - 03/05/13 02:35 PM

The mission came with the game.

Re: A10C goes right to mission complete - 03/05/13 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Blooze
Originally Posted By: specialksl

I would try DCS repair first.

I tried and it came up with Service Unavailable (503)
Posted By: eno75

Re: A10C goes right to mission complete - 03/05/13 02:47 PM

Hmmm. Sounds like a bad install.
Posted By: EinsteinEP

Re: A10C goes right to mission complete - 03/05/13 09:27 PM

Are you experiencing this with a specific mission or all missions? If a specific one, which one? I'd love to test it out.

Re: A10C goes right to mission complete - 03/06/13 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: EinsteinEP
Are you experiencing this with a specific mission or all missions? If a specific one, which one? I'd love to test it out.

It's hard to pinpoint. It doesn't always happen. I am still getting the error when I try to do a repair.

Re: A10C goes right to mission complete - 03/06/13 11:14 PM

I was able to choose repair and it downloaded and updated without a problem. I have pinpointed the problem but the solution baffles me. I choose a mission (one that is included) then the Combined Arms ACTIVATION window pops up. If I choose EXIT then it goes to the mission complete screen without me ever getting a chance to play the mission. If i choose the NEXT then OK then EXIT when the Combined Arms activation window pops up, it goes to the mission and I can fly.

I am totally baffled. i tried to delete the TECH folder in the DCSWORLD/MODS folder, the activation window goes away but then I can't play a mission or the game. This activation window pops up in any DCS module.
Posted By: EinsteinEP

Re: A10C goes right to mission complete - 03/09/13 11:26 PM

It sounds like you might be trying to open a mission that has the player starting in a module you don't have an activation code for (possibly the Combined Arms?) and so it exits out of the mission. I'd uninstall any modules you don't have activated and retry.
Posted By: Parias1

Re: A10C goes right to mission complete - 03/30/13 12:43 AM

I have had and am still having this problem as well.

I beleive it has something to do with the saved games log file. When I install DCS World and the modules (I own them all except for CA and FC3) without changing my pilot-name and/or call sign I'm good. Once I make a change to the default pilot log, I get the same thing...the program starts to load up, and then its straight to the debreifing screen.

I have re-downloaded, all 1.2.3 modules including the World module, installed, uninstalled, deleted saved games folders, etc...all of that for about two weeks now. And again, everything works fine until I edit the pilot name and callsign from the default naming. And then boom, I get the dreaded debrief screen.

I'm sure it will get patched/fixed down the road, but until then I'm just "New Pilot' it's the only work-around I have for the moment.

Parias1
© 2024 SimHQ Forums