homepage

Hurricane with 20mm

Posted By: Combat99

Hurricane with 20mm - 02/18/14 09:05 PM

I don't suppose there is any way to cheat and mount two 20mm cannon in place of four Brownings on each wing? Since the 20mm (German) gun is in the game -- maybe someone has found a way to simulate the IIC?
Posted By: Gunnyhighway

Re: Hurricane with 20mm - 11/02/14 04:50 PM

that would no be simulation but cheating as they not used in that part of history in dog fights
Posted By: Philstyle

Re: Hurricane with 20mm - 11/14/14 07:06 AM

I would expect TF to release canon armed Hurricanes and Spitfires eventually.
Posted By: Maico

Re: Hurricane with 20mm - 07/04/15 12:25 PM

Yeah, why not... A IIC would be nice. If servers don't want them, they don't need to add them. But great for offline play and especially tank busting in Malta. attack
Posted By: Murph

Re: Hurricane with 20mm - 07/04/15 07:25 PM

Historically it would be wrong for the present time period, but we may see it when the new theatre is released with the next TF patch, or soon thereafter.
The aircraft in ClOD are so much more complicated than in Il2 1946 that even a "small" weapons mod, like adding cannon, is no small thing.
In any case a cannon armed Spitfire will probably come first, possibly with the teething problems that were experienced historically.
Posted By: dutch

Re: Hurricane with 20mm - 10/01/15 07:53 PM

Check the 1C forum, I know one guy did use a 20mm mod for the Spit and Hurricane.
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: Hurricane with 20mm - 10/01/15 08:04 PM

This "mod" was done just after release - when CloD was a festival for cheaters - just editing internal text files.

You can do his own "mod" for offline use - or non TF mod online server - using Keygets.dll to access the files.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums