homepage

Slightly strange bug

Posted By: Pizzicato

Slightly strange bug - 09/01/13 01:22 AM

Hi guys,

I've been using the FMB to build a short mission featuring the Tiger Moth. Whenever it spawns, however, it immediately starts rotating to the right - usually ending up between 45 and 90 degrees off from the runway.

Bizarrely, this even happens when the engine's off! dizzy

Does anyone know what causes this? Is there a workaround?

Also, what's the best way to start on the runway with the engine off? I've tried "Scramble", "Idle" and nothing checked at all, but the engine is always on. The only way I can seem to start with the engine off is by setting the "From Parking" flag.
Posted By: JAMF

Re: Slightly strange bug - 09/01/13 02:52 PM

Is windspeed at zero?

Re: Slightly strange bug - 09/01/13 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By: JAMF
Is windspeed at zero?

Ah! Now THAT'S a great question!

I have no idea. I'll have to check. smile

Thanks JAMF.
Posted By: SlipBall

Re: Slightly strange bug - 09/01/13 10:50 PM

I think that the default is at 3MS (meters/second), but can be set to zero with zero influence

Re: Slightly strange bug - 09/01/13 11:07 PM

Thanks SlipBall.
Posted By: Murph

Re: Slightly strange bug - 09/02/13 04:31 PM

Ground wind effects are greatly exagerrated in ClOD. A few mph of wind will even spin a Spitfire around in it's revetment, where it should be shielded from any cross wind. Very annoying if you are trying to set up mission where you spawn in the revetment, only to have the plane spin around and face backwards before you can even start the engine.
Posted By: icuucme37

Re: Slightly strange bug - 09/06/13 09:32 PM

Murph...... You don't have a revese in your Spitfire...??? I thought thats what the rearview mirror was for... neaner
Posted By: HeinKill

Re: Slightly strange bug - 09/22/13 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Pizzicato

Also, what's the best way to start on the runway with the engine off? I've tried "Scramble", "Idle" and nothing checked at all, but the engine is always on. The only way I can seem to start with the engine off is by setting the "From Parking" flag.

'Spawn parked' is the only way I know.

H
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: Slightly strange bug - 09/22/13 09:57 PM

This "cold start" on runway are removed due complains...

The drawnbak of "Spawn parked" is that plane appear in the far spawn point possible (the highest number - some fields have 60 or more).

The know workaroud is put some static object, e.g. fuel drum in all other spawn points to force plane use the # 1. And if he dont find one, spawn outside of airfield perimeter... duh

Sokol1
© 2024 SimHQ Forums