homepage

How To Use Multiplayer?

Posted By: Murph

How To Use Multiplayer? - 11/27/12 06:18 AM

Myself and few of my squadmates would like to try some co-op missions using CoD, but we are finding it impossible to access any of the planes in the host's server. For example, I created a small co-op for learning how to fly the Spitfire. I set up a flight of three, spawned parked, at Manston with a small set of waypoints. The intention was to start up, taxi to the runway, take off and fly a circuit, and land back at base. If I choose this mission after creating a co-op server, my squad mates can join the server but see that the planes in the flight are unavailable. Only the host can access any of the planes in the mission.
What are we doing wrong here? Is there a guide anywhere on how to use multiplayer in CoD?
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: How To Use Multiplayer? - 11/27/12 10:01 PM

Coop in CLoD using native GUI are problematic.

Use this script alternative.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=34939

SOkol1
Posted By: Murph

Re: How To Use Multiplayer? - 11/28/12 01:45 PM

Thank you. I'll see if I can figure out how to use this.
Posted By: No601_Swallow

Re: How To Use Multiplayer? - 11/11/13 11:34 AM

An alternative is to try to do what my squadron is trying to do - fly coop-style missions in a DF server. The advantage is that if you, say, muck up your take-off or overcook your engine, you can respawn. The downside (near deal-breaker) is that when the host clicks "Start Battle" the whole mission begins (that is, all the spawning, the timing of flights, the timed events, etc), and "Start Battle" must be clicked before players chose sides, airfields, spawn in, warm their engines, taxi to take-off and so on.

We're discovering work-arounds, but it has been quite literally a year of us to get it to function like we want it to, and we've had to be quite ingenious in terms of mission design.

This game makes you work so hard for the goodies that it can supply! banghead
© 2024 SimHQ Forums