homepage

Crossfire causes flickering water

Posted By: Charlie_SB

Crossfire causes flickering water - 11/04/12 01:11 PM

I updated my catalyst drivers to 12.10 and suddenly I have water that is flickering so badly it's impossible to play. If I switch off crossfire the flickering goes away but also those last important frames per second. I've search the internets a bit and can only find issues with stuttering tress, shadows or objects.

Has anyone found a solution to this? I've thought about trying a few different crossfire profiles but my brain didn't like the stuttering much and I'm afraid I will need a barf bag if I continue trouble shooting this anymore. I didn't have any issues with the last driver I used (can't remember which that was) so it must be Clod not playing nice with the 12.10 and crossfire.

-C-
Posted By: GregP

Re: Crossfire causes flickering water - 11/07/12 02:32 PM

Is your Crossfire profile type set to Default, or one of the other options? On other games, with the non-Default options, I've often had flickering like what you're describing. But using the 12.11 drivers and 'Default', I don't get any water flickering.
Posted By: JG52Krupi

Re: Crossfire causes flickering water - 11/08/12 11:48 PM

Get CAP 1 and use the twoworldsdx10 crossfire profile biggrin
Posted By: Charlie_SB

Re: Crossfire causes flickering water - 11/09/12 09:07 PM

Thanks for the tips! I figured out what cap 1 was, found I already had it, set the twoworldsdx10 profile and gone were the flickering waves.

Got some flight time in a Hurri, downed a HE111 and followed it down. Quite cool to thunder along the roof tops, such a pretty game sometimes. I wish there would be some people waving at you when you go by but I guess they are all at the shelters.

Might there be a mod somewhere that makes it possible to hear what comes over the radio? All I hear is "Commander, glob mooomba one bluuuuuuuurrrb schwone". I searched the interwebs but couldn't find anything. The audio settings for radio does not seem to affect the ai radio traffic .. I suspect it's for in game comms.

-C-
© 2024 SimHQ Forums