homepage

FAQ - DCS A-10C

Posted By: Panther

FAQ - DCS A-10C - 10/05/10 10:24 PM

FAQ - DCS A-10C

CONTROLLER INPUT

Q: I can't start the engines / move the throttle:
A: When in Rampstart, the throttles are fixed in OFF position. In real life you have to lift a single throttle up and move it forward in idle position to start the corresponding engine. InGame unless you own a TM Warthog, you have to start the engine with keyboard-commands. Once this key-combination has moved the throttle from OFF position, it will work normally.

If you start on the runway or in the air, the engines are already running. As a logical consequence, you can move the throttles with your throttle immediately.

Additionally check: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=58363

Q: FAN RPM % does not exceed 82%. Is something wrong with my throttle?
A: No. The engine is designed to operate at optimum performance, which is 82% FAN RPM. Also note, that there is a difference between Core RPM and FAN RPM.

Q: My HOTAS Warthog isn't plug and play, I thought it was suppose to be?
A: Launch DCS:A10C, go to options / controls. Click on any line in the column "joystick HOTAS Warthog", then click "LOAD PROFILE" and navigate to " /config/input/Aircrafts/A-10C/Joystick". Select "joystick - hotas warthog.lua" in file list, click OK.

Do the same thing for the throttle: Click any line in the column "throttle Hotas Warthog", click "LOAD PROFILE", the navigate to " /config/input/Aircrafts/A-10C/Joystick" and select "throttle - hotas warthog.lua", click OK.

HOTAS Profiles
HOTAS Cougar

DCS A-10C HOTAS layout
HOTAS Graphical layout

GAMEPLAY

Q: I have no sound, all sliders are on 100%
A: Reinstall DirectX 9c - Link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...;displayLang=en

Q: I don't see any performance gain between 32bit and 64bit. What am I doing wrong?
A: 64bit allows the software to access more memory, which improves loading times and reduces stuttering and reloading. It does not increase FPS in general.

Q: HELP my training mission don't work. The instructor says to do something and nothing happens after I accomplish the task. HELP?!
A: Patch 1.1.0.8 training missions were not included with the patch. Download the latest training missions HERE

LAUNCH

Q: The sim doesn't start up but just gives you a text message:
[string "./Scripts/Database/db_main.lua"]:58: attempt to index global 'log' (a nil value)
A: Then it is because you need to right-click on the start-up icon and "run as administrator".

Q: After ALT-Tabbing out of the game, I cannot restore the simulation. It still seems to run in the background, though.
A: ALT-Tabbing while running in fullscreen crashes the simulation at the moment. If you need to ALT-Tab out of the simulation, please use windowed mode.

Q: Can i install and run both the 32 and 64 bit versions on the same system with one SF key?
A: Yes, a parallel install is possible.

Various Tutorials
How to clear a Hung store
Radio Tutorial
UTM Coordinate entry
JTAC Coordinate entry
Dragons training pack
Multiplayer SADL Guide
A-10C Video Tutorials

Tips & Tricks
Using Radio menu with a mouse NOTE: There has been reported issues with this hack. Be warned it may cause game crashing. Use at your own risk.

Posted By: Mace71

Re: FAQ - Known issues - 10/05/10 10:38 PM

"Q: I cannot switch on the EAC. Instead some switch on the emergency panel moves.
A: This is a known issue. The Hog will fly without it."

Thanks, thought mine was broken!
Posted By: Freycinet

Re: FAQ - Known issues - 10/07/10 08:49 AM

You should add this one:

If the sim doesn't start up but just gives you a text message like this:

[string "./Scripts/Database/db_main.lua"]:58: attempt to index global 'log' (a nil value)

- Then it is because you need to right-click on the start-up icon and "run as administrator".

Re: FAQ - Known issues - 10/15/10 10:53 PM

Q: When trying to launch the landing tutorial I receive an error.
A: The landing mission is not available in the first beta release.
Posted By: SP4RT4N

Re: FAQ - Known issues - 11/06/10 07:26 AM

Q: cant seem to find trackir compatiblity yet, anyone else have any luck?
Posted By: Pizzicato

Re: FAQ - Known issues - 11/06/10 08:54 AM

Originally Posted By: SP4RT4N
Q: cant seem to find trackir compatiblity yet, anyone else have any luck?

You need to run the 32 bit (x86) executable.

Re: FAQ - Known issues - 11/06/10 09:22 AM

There's a work around for 64bit users. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60706 if you don't have access to that link you need to request access via http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1004676&postcount=2
Posted By: SP4RT4N

Re: FAQ - Known issues - 11/07/10 03:17 AM

Thanks mate.
Posted By: RAF74_Raptor

Re: FAQ - Known issues - 11/16/10 07:43 PM

Ehhh I will wait for the driver
Posted By: Bluenose 637

Re: FAQ - Known issues - 03/07/11 02:25 AM

My track ir seems to be running fine. Win7 64 bit. Track IR 4 with the lastest software
Posted By: EinsteinEP

Re: FAQ - Known issues - 03/07/11 02:55 AM

Rgr that, Bluenose.

ED and NaturalPoint worked out new drivers since the last post in this FAQ.

Re: FAQ - Known issues - 03/17/11 03:16 PM

Added some excellent tutorials.
Posted By: Repvez

Re: FAQ - Known issues - 04/08/11 02:11 PM

I need some help.
First start the game, but the aircraft was invisible and in the cockpit only MFD inscriptions show anything else not and see it through outside.How I fix it?
I don't know start the game, because i give everytime error message like this:

Problémaesemény neve: APPCRASH
Alkalmazásnév: dcs.exe
Alkalmazásverzió: 1.1.0.7
Alkalmazás időbélyegzője: 4d99b487
error – modul neve: MSVCR90.dll
error – modul verziója: 9.0.30729.4940
error – modul időbélyegzője: 4ca2ef57
Kivételkód: 40000015
Kivétel – eltolás: 0005beae
Operációs rendszer verziója: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Területibeállítás-azonosító: 1038
További információk 1: 1a45
További információk 2: 1a457ef26cd2b7a27bbdbdfd15b0087c
További információk 3: f174
További információk 4: f174e5235e195abf453bd06a722cd1c0

Problémaesemény neve: APPCRASH
Alkalmazásnév: dcs.exe
Alkalmazásverzió: 1.1.0.7
Alkalmazás időbélyegzője: 4d99b487
error – modul neve: DXRenderer.dll
error – modul verziója: 1.1.0.7
error – modul időbélyegzője: 4d9468a7
Kivételkód: c0000005
Kivétel – eltolás: 0003c9ba
Operációs rendszer verziója: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Területibeállítás-azonosító: 1038
További információk 1: 70e8
További információk 2: 70e8742426811b8caaabe21bf2bb0081
További információk 3: 2f71
További információk 4: 2f71ae1c1d8e0722a3de7d381e38da87

I use win7 32 bit and ATI 4850 512mb VGA 11.2 catalyst driver, 2gb ram. AMD x2 4000+
Posted By: Nate

Re: FAQ - Known issues - 04/08/11 02:14 PM

Try this ---> http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1092529&postcount=38

Nate
Posted By: Shadow629

Re: FAQ - Known issues - 03/07/12 07:00 PM

This is my first week with DCS A10. I can not figure out why my monitor starts to black out for 4 to 8 seconds while in-game. It blacks out then flashes the in-game view for about a half sec then goes black again. If I minimize the sim, the desktop is normal- no flashing. The flashing starts a few minutes into a training mission or instant action. The in-game video settings are on low. I have a 28 inch LCD monitor. If I swap the 28 inch monitor out with a 24 inch monitor the flashing stops, even if I increase the video settings to high. I don't have any problem with the 28 inch monitor in other graphic intensive sims, like ARMAII. Any suggestions are certainly welcome.

My system: WinXP Pro 32bit sp3, AMD X4 975 @ stock 3.60, 4Gb DDR3- using 3GB switch in boot.ini, GeForce GTX 580 w/1536 MB, newest signed drivers.
Posted By: Wrecking Crew

Re: FAQ - Known issues - 03/07/12 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Shadow629
If I swap the 28 inch monitor out with a 24 inch monitor the flashing stops, even if I increase the video settings to high.

^ This -
Makes me suspect the 28" monitor.

Shadow, I suggest also posting this over at DCS Forums. Since it seems to happen with just DCS A-10C maybe they have run across it over there.
Here is something...

Look for the 32 bit fix -
See Page 2, Nate--IRL-'s post - see his signature

G/l.

Wrecking Crew

Re: FAQ - Known issues - 03/07/12 10:18 PM

Thanks WC, suspecting the 28" monitor is the logic I see also. I just can't get my head around why the problem in just this sim. My concern now is about replacing the monitor. If I do, it will be with a larger one somewhere in the mid 30" range. I would hate to get it and still have the blacking out problem because the cause is due to my graphics not being able to handle an over sized monitor. I will post on DCS forums and see what surfaces.

Edit: I have tried your other suggestions and DCS forums will not let me post. lol
Posted By: Wrecking Crew

Re: FAQ - Known issues - 03/07/12 10:52 PM

Shadow,
You need to register with DCS to post in their forums, and to get onto the multiplayer lobby.

Your graphics card is similar to the new GTX 580 I just ordered - so, that better not be the problem! smile

WC

Re: FAQ - Known issues - 03/08/12 02:56 AM

Yep, I registered when I down loaded the program last weekend. I am signed on to the forum but when I try to post I get a notice I do not have authorization to do so. Go figure.

EDIT: I am good to go on the forum, thanks to whom ever made it happen.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums