homepage

Flight Instructor/squadron for beginner

Posted By: barbebill

Flight Instructor/squadron for beginner - 08/15/14 02:30 AM

Hello, all
I'm a rank beginner with A-10C and want to come up on the learning curve. I was wondering if their is someone there willing to give private instruction? I'd be willing to pay, of course. Also, I'm looking for a squadron that's beginner friendly.
I'm plowing through the tutorials, again, and re-reading the manual. The learning process is very slow. In addition to here, I can be reached at barbebill@icloud.com.
I would appreciate any and all help. Thanks in advance.
Bill Krull
Posted By: USMC BEANS

Re: Flight Instructor/squadron for beginner - 08/15/14 05:56 PM

If you want to hop onto Hollo Pointe or Eno's Firehouse when we are on you will find people willing to walk you through all procedures. Maybe send Einstein a note and request that he do a class on here. He is a great teacher and best of all he is free. But seriously come fly with us and learn by doing. Everybody is friendly and willing to help.
Posted By: barbebill

Re: Flight Instructor/squadron for beginner - 08/15/14 06:34 PM

Thanks, Bean. I will check it out. Sound like just I need
Bill
Posted By: USMC BEANS

Re: Flight Instructor/squadron for beginner - 08/15/14 07:26 PM

Yeah that's pretty much how I learned the in depth systems. Baby steps!
Posted By: Wrecking Crew

Re: Flight Instructor/squadron for beginner - 08/16/14 04:12 PM

Ya ya,
Set up Teamspeak for the SimHQ channel.

Here is a link to (very old) start up procedure. I would guide you through that so you gain an understanding of the controls.

We talk the language of cockpit switches, DMS UP Short, China Hat Forward Long, so you need to know your mappings and it is good to know the key commands, too. Look in the A-10C manual, pages ~88-92 for these switch positions.

Try this link to DCS User Files for A-10C Documents -- there is a key map there. Look on about page 3 of that link for Toby23's document pack.

After a while all this stuff will be old hat...

pilot
© 2024 SimHQ Forums