homepage

Community training for DCS newcomer

Posted By: Dragon2781

Community training for DCS newcomer - 05/17/11 06:47 PM

Community training for DCS newcomer

The most efficient learning method is to learn in a team!
The DCS:A-10 Multiplayer is the perfect enviroment to learn to fly the Hog.
In our training we want to explain the basic systems, their functions and tactics to all newcomers and try to simplify their first steps into this great simulation.
This kind of training is not a "Full Conversion Training" and you wont be receiving any kind of degree.

What we can offer, are two types of training:

- A supervised "learning by doing" in which experienced pilots use Teamspeak to give tips to certain topics and to answer any special questions.
For these sessions the server will be open for anyone - a slot reservation with the online ATO is appreciated but wont be necessary.

*ON REQUEST*
- A topic-specific training in which our experienced pilots will go deeper into the subject matter and explain in as much detail as possible.
This kind of training needs a little bit of organisation and therefore the server will be locked with a password.
Additionally all interested newcomers will have to reserve a slot via Air Tasking Order (ATO).

We will offer a variety of lessons including:

1. Startup from Ramp (cold and dark)
2. Flighttraining ( Basic Avionics, Handling and Formation)
3. Basic System Training (CDU,TAD,ILS,TACAN,Radio,DSMS)
4. Basic Sensor Training (SOI,SPI,TGP,MAV,HUD)
5. Basic Weapons Training (MK,GBU,LGB,MAV,CBU,FFAR,GAU-8 )
6. DCS:BlackShark flight- and weapons training *ON REQUEST*
7. Basic Flight Etiquette

TS3 Server
Name: =STP=
IP: 188.138.11.227
Port: 6904
Password: stpTS3
Main-Contact-Person: =STP= Schnarre
Posted By: Dragonclaw

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 05/17/11 07:47 PM

This is great! I'll try to hook up in the weekends. thumbsup
Posted By: RockEye

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 06/01/11 09:50 AM

This is what a lot of us need, thank you
Posted By: Unix

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 06/15/11 05:51 PM

Excellent effort STP; I learned a lot flying with you all in DCS BlackShark and hope to learn a lot flying with you all in A-10C
Posted By: unpilot

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 06/23/11 12:59 AM

Using the above ip I get a "Failed to connect to server"

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 06/29/11 03:28 AM

Am I the only one that cant seem to join this TS3 server??
Posted By: Panther

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 06/29/11 03:36 AM

Just tested and it worked.

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 07/01/11 03:01 PM

Ok thanks....I am new to TS3....used TS2 before.
I am running Version 3.0.0 Build 14642 and my connect screen looks the same as above...EXCEPT I have no place to put the port number.

In other words the address bar is there but the port is not.
Posted By: Rodrigo581

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 11/02/11 01:11 AM

Same here .... running build 15001 and I can't set the SERVER PORT in my TS3 ...
Anyone got a clue on that ??
tnks
Posted By: - Ice

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 12/01/11 11:31 AM

Nope, can't connect either
Posted By: sorcer3r

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 12/05/11 03:45 PM

Sorry, we have a new TS3 IP/port. First posting edited.
Should work now. smile
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 01/08/12 06:33 PM

Haven't checked this link out but port numbers are added to the IP........for example:

85.1.2.3:3456

The above is an IP of 85.1.2.3 with a port number of 3456
Posted By: Doofie

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 03/21/12 01:04 PM

Hi.

Does this still happen? Are there any UK-based people willing/able to do a bit of tutoring?

Thanks.

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 03/21/12 10:41 PM

Never did manage to connect.
Posted By: petethehatch

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 03/27/12 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Doofie
Hi.

Does this still happen? Are there any UK-based people willing/able to do a bit of tutoring?

Thanks.

doofie i fly sat and sun with 101st from uk around 2pm they fly, names are bobby,crash,they get around 5to 6 players very fun and helpful players,allway in ts3 join and have fun
your see me as hatchie on ts3
Posted By: Hamblue

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 04/07/12 08:48 PM

Hello
Another newbie here
So far I can start-up. take off and land. Not the "correct" way but can do it.
Fight sims background is Aces High Falcon 4.0 when it was first released, and the Microsoft combat series.

When will training be available again?
Thanks
Jim

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 04/07/12 09:30 PM

I don't think they come here often, if you want to train with them go to the TS3 server listed above.
Posted By: Hamblue

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 04/07/12 09:38 PM

Thanks
Posted By: UnderTheRadar

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 02/02/13 03:03 PM

Anyone still doing this? I am getting my Helios setup this week and would love to start trying to learn this sim.
Posted By: eno75

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 02/03/13 02:35 AM

We're working with some guys who are pretty new to the sim now over at the Firehouse and Hollo Pointe servers... the guys in there are pretty knowledgeable and quite patient. As I always caution, sometimes if you drop in they may be in the middle of a mission or something but more often than not if you can at LEAST get up in the air and just need a little help fine tuning some knowledge of various weapons and systems... someone in there can walk you through it.

Other times I post up "the Playground V2" which has an assortment of aircraft as well as a couple of training grounds. We had tankers for awhile too but we had to strip them out. That's a training mission setup so people who want to learn can go in and learn, and generally the people who know go in there to help out. It's a great group of guys and we're always happy to help build up the enthusiasts!
Posted By: UnderTheRadar

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 02/04/13 03:44 PM

Cool. I will check in on Thursday night. Newegg/UPS says my stuff will be here Wednesday.

Thanks!
Posted By: jack72

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 07/05/13 01:48 PM

I would like to join for some training...could youtell me when you fly...I am in Toronto...EST.
Posted By: Doofie

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 08/14/13 10:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Doofie
Hi.

Thanks.

I see I was already here!

I have been unable to play for a while after having a second son and some horrendous work commitments. I'm now getting a little more time to myself and would like to use some of it to take some flight training, if it's available. Currently I'm doing the tutorials but the number of abbreviations and acronyms is almost farcical! A tutor who can show me a bit more on bombing and answer questions will be a great help.

The good news is I'm all tooled up with a good PC, Warthog HOTAS, pedals, TrackIR, iPad with iConsole, headset and Teamspeak.
Posted By: WharfRat

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 12/10/13 01:54 AM

Does this still happen?? I know I am a late arrival, but just got some good gear and can now hopefully get involved in this...
Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Re: Community training for DCS newcomer - 02/02/14 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: WharfRat
Does this still happen?? I know I am a late arrival, but just got some good gear and can now hopefully get involved in this...

+1

I just finished the default training courses, but still have no idea what I'm doing in the first campaign mission! I'd love some help on everything from communications to proper procedures to combat tactics.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums