homepage

crashing back to windows

Posted By: Brecon1

crashing back to windows - 10/18/20 11:02 PM

Any ideas why on occasions after mission has loaded, map screen comes up and you click start does the game go back to windows and shuts down.?
Should I re-install or what?
Posted By: ATAG_Pattle

Re: crashing back to windows - 10/20/20 08:08 AM

Hi Brecon.

Have you deleted your cache before playing?

If that doesn't work, try a clean install and let us know if that fixes your issue.

Re: crashing back to windows - 10/22/20 09:38 PM

Where will I find my cache??
Posted By: Blade_Meister

Re: crashing back to windows - 10/24/20 03:31 AM

Brecon1, look here Sir.

whatever drive you have CLOD installed on /My Documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/cache

I always make a back up of the entire cache folder.
Then I delete this complete folder.
The cache folder wil be rebuilt in its' entirety the next time you start CLOD.
If some problem occurs then you can simply put the old folder back and search the Forums more for other causes of CTD.

One FYI for you. Whenever you run CLOD and there is a new update installed. Once the update is finished, completley leave Steam and restart your computer. I can not tell you how many times that I have experienced a problem after updating, such as my sound not working at all, and then I restart my rig and Clod is working the way it should be.

Hope this helps and good luck.
You would probably get faster responses if you register at the ATAG Forums, plus there are a lot of old hands over there that are very helpful plus they have seen just about everyhting involving CLOD and the problems that may occur with it.
ATAG Forums
S!Blade<><

Re: crashing back to windows - 10/24/20 10:56 PM

S!Blade ..you are a gentleman..heading over to ATAG...
© 2024 SimHQ Forums