homepage

TFS 5.0 New Special Effects Update.

Posted By: ATAG_Pattle

TFS 5.0 New Special Effects Update. - 12/22/19 09:26 PM

The current effects have been overhauled, with a large emphasis on efficiency and performance, as well as increased visual quality and realism.

Particle numbers have been reduced across the board, in some cases using less than 20% the number used previously.

This means the likelihood of a scene hitting the particle limit is greatly reduced, and scenes with a high amount of action (bombing runs, lots of environmental smoke, etc) should see improved performance.

For instance the London raid images featured 10 large environmental smokes types, 50+ AA guns, and 4 bomber waves dropping 90 bombs into that area.

FPS remained a constant 50-60 throughout!

All particles respond to wind speed and direction, which allows for a really dynamic, visually immersive environment.

Although these videos show no desert effects, the desert effects are coming along very nicely and will be shown off soon.

Let us know what you think smile

Cheers,

Pattle
Posted By: theOden

Re: TFS 5.0 New Special Effects Update. - 12/22/19 10:18 PM

Outstanding.
Splendid.
Va Bene!
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: TFS 5.0 New Special Effects Update. - 12/22/19 11:07 PM

Looking good!
Posted By: Blade_Meister

Re: TFS 5.0 New Special Effects Update. - 12/23/19 01:00 AM

That looks awful good to me. I really like how the smoke lingers for a while and then seems to disipate. This looks very realistic. I am just wonder how this will perform on my old Win 7 AMD Phenom II 955? Can't t wait to try it.

S!Blade<><
Posted By: SlipBall

Re: TFS 5.0 New Special Effects Update. - 01/07/20 08:42 AM

very cool looking
© 2024 SimHQ Forums