homepage

Min requirements to enjoy the CoD

Posted By: yarbles

Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 08/31/17 12:52 PM

Hello -

My game pc blew up like 3 years ago and have been without every sense. Anyway, i convinced my wife that I would stop trying to have sex with her if she would allow me to get a game pc. She quickly agreed.

I looking to jump back into Il2 CoD but I am way out of touch with the latest technology. I spec'd out the following configuration. Do you guys think this would run it at decent settings? Thanks.

i7 7700 (Intel processor)
Nvidia GTX 1070 GTX
16 GB DDR4
256 SSD + 1 TB SATA

Hopefully my TrackIR, CH Pedals and CH Stick still work

yarbles
Posted By: Brigstock

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 08/31/17 01:59 PM

That is easily enough to run CloD with high settings

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 08/31/17 04:05 PM

Thanks Steve_F. Maybe soon I'll be a good flying test drone for you guys on the IL2 server.

yarbles
Posted By: rwatson

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 08/31/17 05:43 PM

Yarbles
You should check out the Team Fusion mod for CLOD it improves it considerably If you have the Steam version it can be updated there...Here's a link to their forums,,,My old copy was unplayable,,Got the Steam version and put in the TF patch and it's running sweet

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 08/31/17 07:12 PM

Thanks rwatson. It's great to come to back here, post, and get great info. Wonderful community.

I'm in the final stages of working the financials so hopefully in the next couple of weeks, i'll have the rigs and hopefully all my decade's old peripherals are still working. I was planning on getting the Steam version. last time I had a gaming rig, I was running like windows xp smile

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 08/31/17 09:35 PM

Got the Steam version also..I had the original but ran like crap...Did a couple upgrades memory,,video card and grabbed the Steam version for 10$...With that you can easily upgrade to the latest Team Fusion Version and it's painless Check out their forums or post here,,,You have to enable beta patches but it's just right click on the game and then properties and a menu comes up and the option is there
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 09/01/17 01:11 AM

You don't need buy again, just install STEAM and use DVD serial key for install CloD > "ADD GAME... > "ACTIVATE A PRODUCT ON STEAM".

STEAM will download and install the last version (TF 4.312).

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 09/01/17 07:11 AM

Didn't know that Sokol1 That's the same process i use for Matrix games their serials work for Steam....Glad I got it for cheap 10$
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 09/01/17 05:06 PM

I'm currently using the TF mod... Does anyone know yet when the next TF conversion arrives, will we have to do a complete new install, or will it simply be added on top of the current version?

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 09/01/17 05:57 PM

Trooper best I can get is it's in the works,,,Might be a paid for add on,,No clear messages about it just screenshots over at the ATAG site

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 09/01/17 07:42 PM

Ok mate, thanks!
Posted By: Brigstock

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 09/01/17 08:00 PM

Trooper

4.5 will be out very soon, they are just finishing up on it. It'll be a steam update.
It'll be the last free patch and addresses quite a bit.
64bit, DX11 implimented and some graphic fixes, head over to Atag for the details.

TF 5 will come later with N Africa and new aircraft and will be a paid for addon

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 09/01/17 09:38 PM

Steve_F Thanks for clearing it all up....Was confusing what path it was taking,,,,I'll get the 4.5 when it's available and gladly pay for N. Africa
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 09/02/17 01:31 PM

I wish the AI wasn't dumb as bricks in CLOD. frown

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 09/02/17 02:17 PM

Blastman try flying on line it's a whole different experience and you get to meet a good group of chaps,,To me it's a whole different experience with most sims/wargames

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 09/02/17 03:09 PM

Thanks Steve... looking forward to all of it smile
Posted By: Murph

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 09/03/17 08:41 PM

The next patch, version 4.5, will be a free patch that will download automatically from steam. Mostly fixes and improvements, such as DX11 and 64bit .exe, but it will also include some new content. The next big patch after that will include a lot of new content including a new North African theatre and will be a paid for addon. Lots of information about it at the ATAG site, as well as the Facebook page.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 09/04/17 04:24 PM

How much?

I really wish they'd include fixing the AI in that paid for update, too.
Posted By: Murph

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 09/04/17 05:25 PM

I believe work on the AI has been part of the ongoing process. Check the ATAG forums and do a search. We might see some AI improvements in 4.5. No idea how much 5.0 will cost. I think it will be worth it.
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 09/04/17 09:57 PM

Realistically, the work on AI probable became after they get to Source Code - what happens recently - so don't expect much for TF 4.50, coming until the end of this year.

CLoD AI do bad things, but some good too, most people see only the bad. smile

Thing is for make a good AI (BoB:WoV, WOFF...) take programmer skill and lot of time, IMO TF until now was more focused - include due their way to work (reverse enginering), in the MP aspect of the game.
Posted By: Mysticpuma2003

Re: Min requirements to enjoy the CoD - 09/17/17 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Trooper117
I'm currently using the TF mod... Does anyone know yet when the next TF conversion arrives, will we have to do a complete new install, or will it simply be added on top of the current version?

v4.5 should arrive soon. It will automatically install over whichever version you have whether vanilla or v4.312 beta.

v4.5 is free to anyone who owns (a legit) version of CloD , after that will be our first paid for add-on v5.00 (no pricing structure yet).

Cheers, MP

Oh and regarding your computrr spec. that will run it on high settings no problem, if you want it at _K though, your best going for a 1080 card smile
© 2024 SimHQ Forums