homepage

Free Christmas Campaign from Desastersoft.

Posted By: RedToo

Free Christmas Campaign from Desastersoft. - 12/24/13 08:32 AM

http://www.desastersoft.com/de/downloads

Available now (24/12/13) for 24 hours. Apparently compatible with Team Fusion 4.

RedToo.
Posted By: Fudge93

Re: Free Christmas Campaign from Desastersoft. - 12/24/13 10:35 AM

Is there a free English version as well? Mein Deutsch sind nicht gut.
Posted By: trindade

Re: Free Christmas Campaign from Desastersoft. - 12/24/13 12:03 PM

Thank you Desastersoft, Merry Christmas! aroundthetree
Posted By: Murph

Re: Free Christmas Campaign from Desastersoft. - 12/24/13 04:51 PM

Thank you. This appears to be a night fighter campaign? I don't speak German.
Posted By: Destraex

Re: Free Christmas Campaign from Desastersoft. - 12/25/13 07:38 AM

I grabbed this but can confirm it is all in german. frown
Posted By: HeinKill

Re: Free Christmas Campaign from Desastersoft. - 12/25/13 11:43 AM

And I can offer the follow patented Heinkill Translator Technique(tm) for playing German add-ons!

First, locate where the mission text files are stored. In my Windows 7 installation, they are located at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\desastersoft\missions…

Next, in your web browser go to the Desastersoft folder where the campaigns and missions are stored.

Then locate the mission briefing file.

Now, open up a new browser tab in Google translate, set it to automatically translate German to English, then click on the briefing you want to read. Voila! (Sorry, verschleiert!) Instant understanding!

Remember this technique, and keep your Google Translate window open, because you may need it later if you get in mission messages via radio!
Posted By: AlphaSix

Re: Free Christmas Campaign from Desastersoft. - 12/25/13 02:54 PM

Why Desastersoft failed here? Strange.
Do they really have no "interest" or are they incapable to use Google Translate or comparable online translater?
Posted By: csThor

Re: Free Christmas Campaign from Desastersoft. - 12/25/13 06:56 PM

It's not that easy, Alpha ... not by far. The online translator is utter cr@p when it comes to translating stuff that needs accurate translation and decent style. I translated their Galland AddOn into English and it took me the better part of a month of hard work after my normal job. It weren't just the briefings and texts in flight, I also had to go through the entire scripting files to check whether there were texts that needed to be translated. It was hard work and after that month I was ripe for a holiday (especially given the deadline I had to reach - just in time for christmas last year). They asked me whether I was available a while back, but I was struggling with a pesky cold that wouldn't go away and felt rough so I had to decline.
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Free Christmas Campaign from Desastersoft. - 12/26/13 12:53 AM

Nice Christmas present.

Wheels
© 2024 SimHQ Forums