homepage

New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;)

Posted By: Mysticpuma2003

New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 03/22/13 09:23 PM

Maps, shipping and LOD building pop up work around/fix wink

Cheers, MP

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 03/22/13 09:24 PM

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3937
Posted By: elephant

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 03/22/13 10:37 PM

jawdrop
Posted By: WalterNowi

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 03/22/13 10:42 PM

Cool thumbsup
Posted By: Nimits

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 03/23/13 02:59 AM

WOW!

And I don't mean World of Warcraft . . .
Posted By: Damocles

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 03/23/13 06:01 AM

Well bugger me backwards with a boomerang, that's pretty awesome. Hopefully it will all see the light of day.
Posted By: 3instein

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 03/23/13 08:41 AM

With 0% effect on your PC,excellent work,it really is starting to look pretty good,
Mick.
Posted By: BD-123

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 03/23/13 01:47 PM

'to whet your appetite'
never mind that, I'm whetting my knickers. Tremendous stuff by talented people giving their precious time to make this sim what and more than it should be.
Damocles, they may model a Boomerang one day so your wish may be fulfilled. smile
Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 03/23/13 03:02 PM

Agreed, great news, though does make you wonder why we couldn't of had all this a year ago.

Hope they manage to take a look at the aircraft LOD's too.
Posted By: MedinaES

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 03/23/13 05:44 PM

Impressive!!.

Can we expect less stuttering with the new LOD implementation?.
I get 50+ when flying over the channel but when I get close to any town despite frame rate is between 30-40 stuttering makes it unplayable in some situations.
Posted By: Chivas

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 03/23/13 07:31 PM

The LOD improvements are amazing. The potential of this amazing software is being proven over and over again by a very talented mod community. Its unfortunate the people who did all the ground work were vilified by a small vocal group on the forums. The developer deserves the credit the mod community has given them, as the mod community more than anyone understands their work wouldn't be possible without the years of work put in by the developer. The future looks brighter as mods are created, and hardware improvements make possible future mods even more immersive. Hopefully the mod community won't burn out having to create and improve the content the developer would have created.
Posted By: PV1

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 03/24/13 07:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Chivas
The LOD improvements are amazing. The potential of this amazing software is being proven over and over again by a very talented mod community. Its unfortunate the people who did all the ground work were vilified by a small vocal group on the forums. The developer deserves the credit the mod community has given them, as the mod community more than anyone understands their work wouldn't be possible without the years of work put in by the developer.

Trying to get this moved to the "extended" subforum, are we?
Posted By: DaveP63

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 03/24/13 11:43 AM

Yep...
Posted By: dm3lions

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 03/24/13 05:57 PM

Some more great stuff on it's way by the looks of it then and Malta too!! What more can we ask for, Cheers Team Fusion!
Posted By: Ricob

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 03/24/13 11:31 PM

I love Sundays, finally got time to load the TF patch. Fantastic! and it looks like there is more goodness on the way. Thank you Team Fusion for your past and upcoming efforts.
Posted By: Pooch

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 03/25/13 12:40 AM

I'm beginning to think that I may have my cannon armed Spit one day. If they can build a carrier they can surely build a Spitfire Mk 5.
Posted By: Georgio

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 03/25/13 12:37 PM

Once again the only word to use is excellent.
The promise of a Malta campaign would really be the icing on the cake as this would have it all; air defence against overwhelming odds, naval action against convoys and finally air operations against Taranto.
Posted By: Warbirds

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 03/25/13 02:49 PM

Great work, thanks!
I would hope for the AI planes to have cockpits and be flyable some day.

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 03/28/13 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Warbirds
Great work, thanks!
I would hope for the AI planes to have cockpits and be flyable some day.

This is a point of direction we are currently looking at. It is NOT a quick fix and easy update, it is also never going to be a "Franken-Plane" update (ripping the cockpit from a completely unrelated aircraft and installing it i.e 110 cockpit in Wellington cockpit).

Modelling any internal cockpits is a major undertaking and takes a similar amount of time.

We realise that by creating a patch/update/mod that has improved many aspects of the original game that we are now the new 'messiah's' of the game and should be able to fix everything! But look at how long it took for 1C to get the initial launch of the software into anything that could be considered playable (2-years) by a majority of users.

So, rest assured we, like you, want this to be THE flight sim software that it should have been, we are working hard at learning it's limitations and issues and also note that if a major bug has turned up (AI aircraft not taking off) we do our best to fix it FAST! Also look at the Desastersoft campaigns that didn't recognise the TF Mod. One of our guys found the rogue link in the code, informed Desastersoft, and they patched their campaigns.

We are working to the best of our ability, we want everything now, just as much as you do...but we are not paid, we do it as a hobby, fur fun and ultimately so we too can play and use the best simulation combat software for WW2 that currently exists.

As Take That would say "Have a little patience" wink

(PS I am not a Take That fan....this "only takes a minute" to write, so now just "Pray" for a good result wink )
Posted By: Wklink

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 04/10/13 01:53 AM

downloaded.
Posted By: SlipBall

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 04/12/13 09:52 AM

The LOD improvements are amazing. The potential of this amazing software is being proven over and over again by a very talented mod community. Its unfortunate the people who did all the ground work were vilified by a small vocal group on the forums. The developer deserves the credit the mod community has given them, as the mod community more than anyone understands their work wouldn't be possible without the years of work put in by the developer. The future looks brighter as mods are created, and hardware improvements make possible future mods even more immersive. Hopefully the mod community won't burn out having to create and improve the content the developer would have created.

There were great things from that small studio, be sure to save the original game for a future look see.

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 04/12/13 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: SlipBall

There were great things from that small studio, be sure to save the original game for a future look see.

I agree the developers have created very complex software with huge potential. Its an awesome sandbox for Team Fusion to fine tune, tweak, rewrite, add features already hidden in the software, and create their own. As computers/optimizations improve frame rates, and mod teams add/improve features/content, COD's immersive experience could be increased ten fold, never mind any other maps that could be created by the community. I wonder if the unfinished map making utility was hidden in the software, or could it be found on the harddrive of a former COD team member.
Posted By: rootango

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 04/15/13 07:33 AM

excellent to see TF's work on improving the LoD model popup problem, looking forward to try it out soon. this was/is one of the main glaring problems in the sim that detracted from enjoyable gameplay

but whatever the recidivist whiners' clique say, no "TF improved coD" would be possible without the original CoD release and oleg's grand vision for an il2sturmovick part2 ( sadly giving to us as a beta stage product), and the hard work done by luthier's team to still provide as many fixes as possible against overwhelming difficulties (including 1C managements direct orders to not do any further work on CoD for the last 12 months of its life)

TF also recently indicated they were able to access part of the drivable vehicle functions, and able to man guns on tanks etc, again none of that would be possible if it hadnt been developed by oleg and luthier over the previous yrs

by all means direct your criticism at 1C managers, they mismanaged the SoW development by not providing enough oversight to control slipping deadlines, and then they canned the whole project (november 2012) when CoD was finally fixed and the 2e installment was about to be released (early 2013) which would have revived its commercial viability as a longer term SoW series for the next 10 yrs.

we started with 2/3's of something great (ehum in mid 2012 when the CoD gfx engine fixes were released by MG), if this building popup solution is indeed implemented by TF soon, we'll have 3/4 of something great, and further improvements to look forward to cheers

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 04/15/13 11:27 AM

Originally Posted By: rootango
excellent to see TF's work on improving the LoD model popup problem, looking forward to try it out soon. this was/is one of the main glaring problems in the sim that detracted from enjoyable gameplay

but whatever the recidivist whiners' clique say, no "TF improved coD" would be possible without the original CoD release and oleg's grand vision for an il2sturmovick part2 ( sadly giving to us as a beta stage product), and the hard work done by luthier's team to still provide as many fixes as possible against overwhelming difficulties (including 1C managements direct orders to not do any further work on CoD for the last 12 months of its life)

TF also recently indicated they were able to access part of the drivable vehicle functions, and able to man guns on tanks etc, again none of that would be possible if it hadnt been developed by oleg and luthier over the previous yrs

by all means direct your criticism at 1C managers, they mismanaged the SoW development by not providing enough oversight to control slipping deadlines, and then they canned the whole project (november 2012) when CoD was finally fixed and the 2e installment was about to be released (early 2013) which would have revived its commercial viability as a longer term SoW series for the next 10 yrs.

we started with 2/3's of something great (ehum in mid 2012 when the CoD gfx engine fixes were released by MG), if this building popup solution is indeed implemented by TF soon, we'll have 3/4 of something great, and further improvements to look forward to cheers

Some excellent points...just a real shame how things turned out for Oleg Luthier and us
Posted By: FlatSpinMan

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 04/15/13 12:06 PM

Wonder what Luthier is doing these days? I hope he found something good to do after what must have been a hell of a year.

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 04/15/13 08:35 PM

Well I've been working on my own mod...its also gonna have a very ridged command system with likable animated characters whoohoo

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 04/17/13 07:11 AM

Any improvements to the game will be appreciated.

What this game truly needs is a campaign structure that gives you a feeling for being a pilot flying during the Battle of Britain. If that gets added it will truly turn this game into a gem.

Personally, I would be more than happy to pay for such a campaign. One of the best aspects of games like EAW was the feeling of being part of a real battle. Older games seemed to try to create this feeling. Unfortunately I think this attempt has been lost over the years. Games have been created that are technically correct but don't give you a feel for what it was like. Ultimately all we are doing is engaging in play and sometimes the fantasy is left out.
Posted By: Georgio

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 04/17/13 12:22 PM

Agreed, as I've always said, if we had the campaign engine of BoB II with the flying/visuals of a 'fixed' Clod then we'd have a very special beast indeed.

Originally Posted By: Wklink

What this game truly needs is a campaign structure that gives you a feeling for being a pilot flying during the Battle of Britain. If that gets added it will truly turn this game into a gem.

Personally, I would be more than happy to pay for such a campaign. One of the best aspects of games like EAW was the feeling of being part of a real battle. Older games seemed to try to create this feeling. Unfortunately I think this attempt has been lost over the years. Games have been created that are technically correct but don't give you a feel for what it was like. Ultimately all we are doing is engaging in play and sometimes the fantasy is left out.
Posted By: FearlessFrog

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 04/18/13 05:46 PM

Have you played any of the Desastersoft's campaigns Tom?

http://simhq.com/_air14/air_524a.html
Posted By: FearlessFrog

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 04/18/13 05:50 PM

Who would be good for a review of the TF mod?

Is it at a stage where it would be good for an article or something? There seems to be some excellent work and I'm currently wading my way through it, but just thinking it might make some interesting info/reads. Could be a bit of a hidden gem that needs more people to appreciate it.

I can PM some ATAG guys, but wondering if it's too soon or not. Any advice/help appreciated though.
Posted By: bisher

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 04/18/13 06:15 PM

ATAG do seem like a wonderful group of guys. They're all supportive of the sim and fellow members. Ya weird I know wink

I'd imagine the ATAG boys would be very receptive to an inquiry such as this, though they may well suggest to hang on for a given time so the next patch is out.

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 04/18/13 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog

I want to. I haven't simply because the money situation is really tight right now. Spending 25 bucks on a campaign is one of the things I have cut back on now. Until I find out about the sequester and how much money I will be losing during that time I am being very frugal.

Not complaining, I have heard the Desastersoft's campaigns are very good. My main point is that developers seem to rely on second party efforts to do what, IMHO, should be part of the game development in the first place. I don't have a problem with custom missions being made but this should be done to improve on what came with the game, not be a substitue for what should come in the original title.

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 04/18/13 09:26 PM

I want to. I haven't simply because the money situation is really tight right now. Spending 25 bucks on a campaign is one of the things I have cut back on now. Until I find out about the sequester and how much money I will be losing during that time I am being very frugal.

Not complaining, I have heard the Desastersoft's campaigns are very good. My main point is that developers seem to rely on second party efforts to do what, IMHO, should be part of the game development in the first place. I don't have a problem with custom missions being made but this should be done to improve on what came with the game, not be a substitue for what should come in the original title.

I would say that the very small team that they were, did not allow for that. I think Oleg wanted to give us all of the tools necessary though, for community development along those lines that you speak of. Would have been an awesome sim if they could have just gotten to the BOM release.

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 04/18/13 10:47 PM

Heinkill has made a very good free RAF Campaign and is currently making a LW Campaign

http://bobgamehub.blogspot.ca/p/cliffs-of-dover-missions.htmlHein

The original IL-2 developers have never made very good campaigns, but have supplied very good FMB for Desastersoft, Heinkill, and others in the community to do so. This is what has made the original IL-2 series developers a grade above all their competitors.

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 04/21/13 04:05 AM

I'll look into that campaign Chivas.

Between that and ROF I have plenty to do now. Add some Aces High into it and I am set for a while.

Once I sell some extra crap that I have lying around I probably will get the Galland campaign. I have been interested in flying some stuff as a member of 303 squadron. Adolf Galland has always been a personal favorate of mine, I have a signed print by him at the house.
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: New Friday update at ATAG. This one has some really cool stuff ;) - 05/04/13 02:32 PM

I imagine, though I don't know what all the differences are that it would be much easier to modify a SeaHurri and a Seafire out of what we have then to create a new aircraft (Swordfish). But I get the impression that these guys don't want to go the route of the IL2 mods some of which were just awful looking so it will probably be a long time before we see that carrier. But it is nice to see they are working on it. What mark of Spitfire was assigned to Malta after the Gladiators?
© 2024 SimHQ Forums