homepage

Brand new CH Products Force FX joystick....mod it or leave alone

Posted By: Sim_Jack

Brand new CH Products Force FX joystick....mod it or leave alone - 05/28/15 11:41 PM

Got my hands on a new unopened boxed up CH Products Force FX Joystick.

Bought it to modify/hack it but after receiving it today and before opening it up I started to wonder if it was collectable and should be left as is. Thoughts about leaving as is and holding on to it or go ahead and mod it as they are not considered to be collectable?
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: Brand new CH Products Force FX joystick....mod it or leave alone - 05/31/15 05:20 PM

The only MOD possibility is replace his controller board with Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 one (plus Teensy/Pro Micro Arduino board to handle some buttons as the Sidewinder board handle only 8 buttons), as the Logitech Force 3D board used in CH FX MOD's dont work in Windows 7/64 bits or up.

Posted By: hannibal

Re: Brand new CH Products Force FX joystick....mod it or leave alone - 05/31/15 05:42 PM

wow sokol..

you are like the mod king.

i might have to bite the bullet an show you my modding problems, i think your solutions will make my project easier to complete.

Re: Brand new CH Products Force FX joystick....mod it or leave alone - 06/13/15 10:17 PM

Thanks for the input on this Sokol1. I did not realize the issues with the Logitech boards an the newer Windows OS'es.
Posted By: CJ Smith

Re: Brand new CH Products Force FX joystick....mod it or leave alone - 10/26/19 06:02 PM

Did you get it to work?

Re: Brand new CH Products Force FX joystick....mod it or leave alone - 11/17/19 11:53 PM

I never opened it but I did buy the MS sidewinder. I just never went anywhere with the gaming stuff after I bought them. Got a boat load of stuff I should sell including the force feedback and the MS.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums