homepage

HOTAS Warthog switch types

Posted By: Ltfransky

HOTAS Warthog switch types - 12/27/14 02:15 AM

I've been mucking around with an SFS to make it a standalone device. But when I looked at the DCS A-10c hotas assignments, it appears that some of the throttle switches are not momentary. Could someone help me out with the Boat Switch, China Switch, and Speedbrake? Are they momentary, or do they maintain their positions? And are they ON-ON-ON, or ON-OFF-ON? All of the switches on the SFS are momentary, so I'd be interested to know the differences.

Also, does the slew control have a pushbutton?
Posted By: NamelessPFG

Re: HOTAS Warthog switch types - 12/27/14 02:28 AM

The speedbrake extend is momentary, the retract isn't. (ON)-OFF-ON
The boat switch isn't momentary at all. ON-OFF-ON
The china hat switch is momentary in both directions. (ON)-OFF-(ON)

The middle position for the boat switch is done via button release commands in the Lua configuration files alongside many of the switches on the Warthog base, so to re-implement that, you'll have to do some lua.diff file editing. This is especially critical if you're also adding some of those switches, such as the flaps switch or the LASTE toggles.

I should also point out that the Suncom SFS Throttle's switch behavior isn't entirely authentic. Were it faithful to the F-15E throttle, the speedbrake and weapons mode china hat switches would be non-momentary in both directions, and the boat switch would be momentary in both directions. Yes, the F-15 and A-10C have boat and china hat switches with the opposite physical behavior for whatever reason.

Re: HOTAS Warthog switch types - 12/27/14 02:55 AM

I figured the SFS wasn't authentic, I'm just trying to make some choices when changing the throttle over to USB.

I may add some of the base switches later, I haven't decided yet.

Thanks for the answers.

Re: HOTAS Warthog switch types - 12/29/14 02:51 AM

Another question: Who makes the switches (ie radio and CMS) for thrustmaster? CTS did the Cougar switches, but I'd be interested in getting the 4 way trim plus push. There's no way they used OTTO ($200 each from mouser)
Posted By: Lucky

Re: HOTAS Warthog switch types - 12/29/14 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Ltfransky
Another question: Who makes the switches (ie radio and CMS) for thrustmaster? CTS did the Cougar switches, but I'd be interested in getting the 4 way trim plus push. There's no way they used OTTO ($200 each from mouser)

The China hat switch and the Boat switch are MHAO MS-103.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Taiwan-MH...1391035722.html

Although the china hat is a momentary toggle and the Boat switch is not, they both have the same part number.

Sorry, I can't see the other switches.

Re: HOTAS Warthog switch types - 12/31/14 01:45 AM

what about the CMS switch. Anybody?
© 2024 SimHQ Forums