homepage

VKB Pedal T

Posted By: Sokol1

VKB Pedal T - 03/09/14 12:38 PM

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=174639&d=1394250560

For "office chair pilots" smile - work pressing the pedals with tiptoes, not pushing with legs.
Metal construction, bearings...
Minimalist 43 x 27 cm
Adjustable for feet size (4 positions), pedal angle (2 positions) and width distance (sliding)
Can center - linear movement on center, non linear on ends (exponential ?)
Only rudder* axis - 10 bits sensor
No USB controller - can plugged on VKB Mamba/King Cobra joysticks.
Or VKB "Throttle Box"

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=174640&d=1388260463

Or VKB "Tiny Box"

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=174636&d=1394248511&thumb

* Under development a "bicycle brake" for VKB Mamba/King Kobra joysticks (Mig-21 style).

I know, don't look like "real F-X935" pedals... smile But despite the strange look, this design is comfortable, in "Warbirds days" (90's) I build one these - that work in similar way.

http://www.raafwarbirds.org.au/pedals.htm

Drawback: Not available on "Walmart's". smile

Sokol1

Posted By: NamelessPFG

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 03/09/14 09:03 PM

At first glance, I almost thought these were an unusual take on helicopter anti-torque pedals.

Makes me wonder if you can effectively control a Ka-50 or UH-1H with these.

I was aware of the ThrottleBox (and am still itching to order one so I can integrate my pedals and rewire my Suncom SFS Throttle to run off the VKB Black Mamba's NJoy32 Pro controller via that BUS port), but not that "bicycle brake" lever mod for the Black Mamba. I thought it had the same limitations as the Cougar/Warthog grip interface in that it would only be useful for digital buttons, not analog axes, but I suppose that if one didn't mind cables dangling outside between the grip and the BUS port...
Posted By: TX-EcoDragon

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 04/03/14 03:47 AM

Interesting style of pedal. Can the arms can be reversed to increase the angle/height of the pedals?
Posted By: Victorus

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 06/06/14 06:49 AM

Originally Posted By: TX-EcoDragon
Interesting style of pedal. Can the arms can be reversed to increase the angle/height of the pedals?

Such pedals were used in Tu-154 aicraft. http://aviaciya.com/books/sistema-upravleniya-rulem-napravleniya
About T-Rudder pedals installation and settings:
http://tempfile.ru/file/3080122

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 06/06/14 02:21 PM

User video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4AEoNszaBo

Sokol1
Posted By: Victorus

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 06/07/14 06:11 AM

Another video/
Posted By: wzhong

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 06/08/14 09:57 AM

well, as a customer of T-rudder, I'll say it's offering a very nice gear of high quality at its price.
It's very suitable to use in an office chair; quite firmly attached on the ground--a smooth flat surface, not on carpet.
Its travel distance is relatively short, but the response is very smooth.
I'll say in general it's very precise.

The only shortcoming is that the centering force is a little bit too strong. Would be great if it comes with a couple of more cams with different profiles.
Posted By: snakels

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 07/10/14 09:58 AM

What do the T pedals cost??

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 07/10/14 03:22 PM

175$ (pedal + TinyBOX USb controller) - if you buy direct from Russia (payment with Western Union or bank transfer only - no PayPal).

There you have option for different USB controllers. Example, the FatBox - the previous plus 3 Magneto Resistor digital sensors for some DIY... or the Throtlle Box that can handle (e.g.) a G940/Cougar throttle together with T-pedal.

159 Euros (~220$) if you buy T-Pedal (+TinyBox) from European based (Netherlands I think) reseller.

Sokol1
Posted By: dutch

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 07/10/14 04:46 PM

Yep, reading from the website, it is based in the Netherlands. I do like the metal parts, my, according to some flysim forums, best pedals are from Simped but made from plastic. I did get this Simped pedals paying 175,- euro's, think these VKB are a much better buy.

Luke from RoF website seems to have them.

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 07/10/14 07:48 PM

Quote:
best pedals are from Simped but made from plastic

Simped are "the best" years ago.
Today they are surpassed by VKB RDRXXI models, T-Model,
MFG Crosswind, Slaw (pedal) Device.

Simped electronics date from end of 90's - advance at time, the first to use HALL sensor - but
their USB controller is USB 1.1 and limited to 128 or 256 bits only. And are discontinued at
some years.

Sokol1
Posted By: LukeFF

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 07/11/14 04:13 AM

Originally Posted By: dutch
I did get this Simped pedals paying 175,- euro's, think these VKB are a much better buy.

Yes, I have a pair of the Mk.21-3 pedals, and I am extremely pleased with them. Everything about them is top-level quality.
Posted By: Aeliusg

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 07/11/14 08:31 AM

These pedals look like they would be excellent for use as helicopter pedals. $175 direct payment to Russian Federation, eh? What is the shipping cost?

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 07/11/14 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: LukeFF
Originally Posted By: dutch
I did get this Simped pedals paying 175,- euro's, think these VKB are a much better buy.

Yes, I have a pair of the Mk.21-3 pedals, and I am extremely pleased with them. Everything about them is top-level quality.

Luke,

Do you have a pic - or pics - of the Mk21-3 that you can post?

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 07/11/14 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Aeliusg
$175 direct payment to Russian Federation, eh? What is the shipping cost?

Ask shipping cost for Russian VKB guys, write in English to UIV or AlexOZ informing your location: vkb.mov@gmail.com

@ Snakels

You can see pictures and specs for VKB RDRXX1 models here (Google translator).

"Short" and "Long" versions refer to foot rest size.

For prices (in Russia, in USD) look here: http://www.vkb-flightsimcontrols.com/zakaz/index_z.php

BTW - This "21" in model name refer to # 21 revision of design in ~10 years. The VKB models is in constant improvement.

FYI - I'm not Russian and I have no relationship with the brand. Post just to inform the "community". wink

Sokol1
Posted By: Aeliusg

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 07/12/14 01:59 AM

Yes, thanks Sokol. I think I will hold off for now, though, even if it is a great value. Saitek combat rudder pedals usually sell for the same price in the US.

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 07/12/14 07:54 AM

Thanks Sokol1

It is a very neat design, the T-rudder appears to work well where
independent wheel brakes are not required - or desired - in a small form factor.

The MK21-3 certainly looks the business!
Posted By: H1TMAN_ACTUA1

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 07/14/14 05:10 PM

No toe brakes it looks like? Is that a cam>?

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 07/14/14 08:07 PM

No, no "toe brakes", T-Rudder is a "low cost" version - relative to RDRXXI - as alternative to the malefic "twist rudder".

Seems that VKB plan a bicycle like brake (Spitfire/Hurricane) to attach in his stick, as this type are use in many
Russian planes (Il-2, Yak, Lagg, La5... Mig 15, 21, Ka-50 and others) that can use the same USB controller of T-Rudder.

T-Rudder use non progressive cam (V) for centralization. See pics in the assembly manual (in English) here:

http://tempfile.ru/download/532682edf87e765aa40c0b1262138659

Edit - User review: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/11121-t-rudder-vkb/#entry169736

Sokol1

Posted By: Skoop

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 10/02/14 05:52 PM

These pedals look like a dream come true, being able to simply push with the toes is perfect for me. Just wish I could buy them here in the US. How good are they ? I watched several videos about them, but they are all in Russian. Looks great from what I can tell. Once assembled is it pretty easy to set it up ? Like plug and play usb, looks like there is extensive configuration software that comes with it but the vids were all in Russian.

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 10/02/14 07:44 PM

You can buy T-Rudder from VKB Europe, is listed as "in stock".

http://flightsimcontrols.com/store/available/t-rudder-pedals-usb-eu/

They are plug-n-play to install, using Windows HID drivers.

The software is for calibration, test. I ran it here and the interface is in English.
Look in downloads on above link. Assembly manual is too available in English and describes software setup.

Sokol1

Posted By: Dmd_Fulcrum

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 10/22/14 05:56 PM

I've had my set for well over a month now and I love it. Very precise, well built and a bargan at the price point even with the shipping. I thought I would miss having toe brakes but not really. Fantastic product and even better it fits inside my Obutto Ozone cockpit (unlike the later model Revolution, the older Ozone has very resticted space for pedals).
Posted By: kverdon

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 12/18/14 01:36 AM

For Fulcrum and anyone else who have ordered this set from VKB Europe, how long did it take for your pedals to arrive? I ordered some at the end of Nov and the Tracking info says they shipped out Dec 2nd. There is no record of them being received anywhere in the United States however which makes me a tad concerned that the shipment is lost. I may have to request a replacement set. These were a Christmas Present from my wife and it looks like I'll have to put a picture of them under the tree instead. :-(

thanks,

Kevin

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 12/26/14 07:55 PM

Well Christmas came yesterday but alas my pedals did not :-(. Has anyone else dealt with VKB Europe? I'm getting concerned that almost a month later the package tracking does still not show as being in the US. Normal shipping is 5-7 days. Even with the Holiday delay this seems a bit much. I've traded emails with VKB Europe a few times but they say they won't take any action until 30 days have passed. I'm wondering if I should start proceedings with PayPal as I'm concerned if I wait too long I will not have any recourse through them if the pedals never show up.

thanks,

Kevin

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 12/27/14 02:14 AM

Kevin:

Honestly it took about 10 days to get them. The rudder pedals were the second item I've bought from VKB and both took less than two weeks. It sounds to me like they have been lost. I'd contact PayPal and ask when exactly you can file a claim just in case, but I've never had a problem getting a response from VKB Europe when I had a problem with my Black Mamba joystick (which they corrected).

Hope that helps.

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 01/03/15 03:22 AM

Well as an old Hobbit used to say "All's well that ends better". cheers . VKB Europe was able to initiate a trace on the shipment and it got sorted out and it arrived today. I have the pedals assembled and ready to go for some testing tomorrow. I must say that vKB-Europe was very prompt and nice to deal with throughout the shipping issue.

Happy Holidays,

Kevin

Re: VKB Pedal-T - 01/07/15 02:02 PM

Glad to hear it!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums