homepage

So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids...

Posted By: FlashBurn

So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/17/15 12:10 AM

Is this how most folks play the thing? Now I never watch stuff like this and was actually rather random that I did.

But its extremely clear folks are missing a ton of keys and options. And tactics are extremely awful. Has anyone put together good vids? Or how too's for Sabow? Could certainly explain a couple things if this how a large number of folks try to fight a tank and fight the controls of the game.

Now I am thinking about maybe putting something together if someone has not done a good one.
Posted By: RainMan

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/17/15 12:17 AM

Well, I struggle with SABOW myself - so any decent tutorials would be welcomed! cheers

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/17/15 12:46 AM

Hmmm ok maybe I attempt something next week. Who knows, might be fun. Maybe a whole 3 people will watch. biggrin

What is a common issue, question, or gripe you have? Help me zero in. biggrin
Posted By: RainMan

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/17/15 01:09 AM

For me it's using the tactical map to the point that it is useful. Especially employing and managing more than just my own tank. smile
Posted By: Smithcorp

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/17/15 08:45 AM

Flashburn - you should do it, it would help a bunch of folks.

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/17/15 08:58 AM

Well I guess I know what I am doing next week. Any good game video capture programs that are free? And quality is useful? I have only done this once with free version of fraps. So was 30 seconds clips. Not doing that again.

What I will probably do is just play the bloody thing on Basra DLC and have mini mod running as well. Do a 2 for one . Promo and how too. See if its any good. Or ends up a rambling moron swearing up and down. Now I am scared.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/17/15 10:11 AM

I've watched loads of SABOW/GTOS videos recently.I really am trying to get to grips with both games especially GTOS.The amount of stuff to do I just find overwhelming.

I will lap up any tutorial videos at the moment so if you want to do some it would certainly be appreciated here yep

*edit* If you are uncomfortable with commentary you can always annotate it.

*edit2* The vast majority of these vids are dedicated to learning the interface and not about tactics so much.
Posted By: Johan217

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/17/15 11:47 AM

Not video's, but the best commentaries on SABOW tactics/gameplay I know of are 33Lima's mission reports at Combatace.
Posted By: godzilla1985

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/17/15 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: FlashBurn
Any good game video capture programs that are free? And quality is useful? I have only done this once with free version of fraps. So was 30 seconds clips. Not doing that again.

If you have a newer video card FB both nVidia and AMD have their own video capture (nVidia has Shadow Play and AMD has Raptr I believe). Either should allow you to upload directly to You Tube and I think the FPS are way better then Fraps. Another program is Microsoft's Expressions software (I think it's free) have not used it in awhile but it's a little more involved then Shadow Play or Raptr. I think all of these allow at least 15 minutes or better video capture sessions.
Cheers

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/17/15 12:34 PM

Yes I bought a amd r390 not long ago. Try raptr i guess Which means I guess i need to let it update itself and stop crashing. Stupid thing.

I try and cover as much as I can while attempting not to get blown up I guess. Maybe it helps. Or I make a fool of myself.
Posted By: Krabb

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/17/15 02:59 PM

I haven't really used this, but Open Broadcaster Software. It's meant for streaming, but I think it can record regular video, too.
Posted By: markl

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/18/15 07:29 PM

A good tutorial set would be very helpfull.

Regards MarkL

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/19/15 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Krabb
I haven't really used this, but Open Broadcaster Software. It's meant for streaming, but I think it can record regular video, too.

May have to give this a go. The raptr thing will record, but with audio stuttering. Game seems fine, just the recording. since I think it is attempting to use vid card I am getting the feelings the game does not want to share resources. But then again, even the launching screen is doing it. Or something is just not playing nice with it.

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/20/15 01:30 PM

Well got rapt sorted. No idea how. But its working. Made the 1st bit on set up. Did the battle as well. But did not turn down recording volume of game enough. So the only thing to hear is me chuckling over ordering my gunner to take aim at a HIND. TARGET TRUCK! So need to do another where you can actually hear me explain how to use sights and level gauge of M60 as well as why I used my troops the way I did.

Will have to show the crazy hind VS tank show down.
Posted By: EagleEye[GER]

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/20/15 02:21 PM

Would appreciate a tutorial from you. Waiting for the next try. thumbsup

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/22/15 01:24 AM

Test run part1..

http://plays.tv/video/5628337d269f241499/sabow-tutorial-operation-phase-stuff-running-basra-86-dlc-

The other bit is taking sometime to upload.

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/22/15 04:05 AM

http://plays.tv/video/56283fe18a57fd9db6 Set up phase and stuff.

http://plays.tv/video/562860d5e7a27185f5 Chopper VS tank

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/22/15 06:01 AM

Any chance of uploading these to youtube? I can't view them via firefox and through chrome I can't hear your voice.
With youtube I can download them and pick my player.

Thanks for posting these.

Regards.

MarkL

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/22/15 06:20 AM

Originally Posted By: markl
Any chance of uploading these to youtube? I can't view them via firefox and through chrome I can't hear your voice.
With youtube I can download them and pick my player.

Thanks for posting these.

Regards.

MarkL

I have started too. But right now, to annoyed to finish up on this. Youtube is being uber annoying and now I have to give those guys my cell number for "verification" of large file sizes. Which I find annoying and creepy. ANd my cell is out of juice right now.

But I did set up a channel, Militant Triangle. So I guess these get there sooner or later. Right now only this test clip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NEg31VfcO8 BORING. And that vid audio is jacked up. One of the getting the bugs out vids.

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/22/15 11:14 AM

I have no problem playing them in Firefox however yes,the sound is very low.

I've only had a quick look,I will put aside some time later to run through them.

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/22/15 02:51 PM

Well the volume can get turned up in and there is always system volume too. The real reason is mp4's ans Adobe premiere are not getting along. Its hard to import for editing and it becomes totally washed out on color when and if you do. The whole raptr/playtv thing which do get along, alas has a joke of a clip editor thing. Which is what I used. And not sure if taking yet more time for vids I do not know how they will be received is unclear.

Oh, and I am rolling with some old cheap mic from the 90's. My better one died a couple years ago. Considering this is the first time I needed one since...well.

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/25/15 06:02 AM

Well, people seem to be watching the vids, or at least clicking on them on play tv. Even ones I did not link to any forum. Wish it would give a stat for how long average user watched. Help me out trying to figure out response. So getting more views than I figured, but do not know if the target audience is getting anything out of it. Still no time to edit and get on youtube yet.

I guess the next stuff to cover is tank controls for gunnery and driving. Although there is really not much to these, just knowing the keys.

guess the fact of no likes on anything has me wondering. Probably being neurotic.

Anyone interested in short clips of WIP work that may never see the light of day?

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/25/15 10:05 AM

I'd never heard of plays.tv before.Maybe it's because you have to sign up to leave feedback? I think once you get them onto YT the feedback will start to come.
Posted By: rollnloop.

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/25/15 11:36 PM

I never commented any YT vidbecause I never registered on YT. I imagine I'm not the only one.

I watched the tank vs hinds vid and took it as a succesful "first try". I hear the sounds, frame rate is OK, image quality good.

I'm interested in good tutorials, progressive as in "playing a game as single tank commander" (vs infantry/arty/helos, etc...), "playing as a platoon commander", and lastly "playing as force commander", with a good pronunciation , sufficient volume to understand (beware of game loud sounds), common words, not too many unusual acronyms or spell'em so I can find them with google.

It will hopefully encourage me to overcome the steep learning curve and stop playing arcadish world of warship.

Multi coop would be an even bigger incentive, but that's another topic. I thank you in advance for any vid you'll do, I indeed found most available somewhat lacking, while still valuable.

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/26/15 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: rollnloop.
I never commented any YT vidbecause I never registered on YT. I imagine I'm not the only one.

I watched the tank vs hinds vid and took it as a succesful "first try". I hear the sounds, frame rate is OK, image quality good.

I'm interested in good tutorials, progressive as in "playing a game as single tank commander" (vs infantry/arty/helos, etc...), "playing as a platoon commander", and lastly "playing as force commander", with a good pronunciation , sufficient volume to understand (beware of game loud sounds), common words, not too many unusual acronyms or spell'em so I can find them with google.

It will hopefully encourage me to overcome the steep learning curve and stop playing arcadish world of warship.

Multi coop would be an even bigger incentive, but that's another topic. I thank you in advance for any vid you'll do, I indeed found most available somewhat lacking, while still valuable.

Good point. Never considered folks where English and BAD English where not a primary language. Acronyms used by US forces I know I used. When I remembered I said what they mean. That one is hard as its hard wired.

Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... - 10/26/15 08:50 AM

Originally Posted By: FlashBurn

I guess the next stuff to cover is tank controls for gunnery and driving. Although there is really not much to these, just knowing the keys.

I have seen a few videos on using the main guns but not on how to use the sights on machine guns, night sights binoculars etc. Getting the sequence of using the keys is hard if you do not know how. It would be nice to be able to use all the sights in the game and know what the scales are.

Also I have not seen anything on using those dials inside the tanks yet, they maybe out there but have not seen them.

The manual goes into how to use the scales pages 85 to 89 (in version 2015.06.18) but I am afraid I cannot put that information to use, need some sort of visual explanation.

For me I like small specific targeted tutorials, one skill at a time.

Thanks for your efforts so far much appreciated, hope you get more on youtube soon.

Regards MarkL
© 2024 SimHQ Forums