homepage

SABOW rerelease on GamersGate

Posted By: Krabb

SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/02/15 03:19 PM

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SABW/steel-armor-blaze-of-war

From Gravi's Facebook:
- updated to the recent version of GTOS engine
- international version (Eng/Rus in one package; determined from the OS language)
- slightly modified interface and adjusted game mechanics
- revised Iran battlefield and training battlefields
- M60 and T-62 interactive cockpit
- M60 and T-62 driver night vision devices added

If you bought the game earlier, simply redownload it in your library.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/02/15 03:38 PM

Already got it yep

I took no chances and uninstalled the old version first.
Posted By: James McKenzie-Smith

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/02/15 06:52 PM

How does one install it? After download, one ends up with three files, "launch", "sabow_setup_feb15q_int-1.bin", and "sabow_setup_feb15q_int-2.bin". No installer comes up, and launch does not do anything and is not names launch.exe or anything.
Posted By: andrey12345

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/02/15 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: James McKenzie-Smith
How does one install it? After download, one ends up with three files, "launch", "sabow_setup_feb15q_int-1.bin", and "sabow_setup_feb15q_int-2.bin". No installer comes up, and launch does not do anything and is not names launch.exe or anything.

Click download icon and use GamersGate installer. It does all job.

Posted By: paf_eaf310

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/02/15 07:17 PM

Great to see, does this mean you own the game again andrey? Didn't have a close look at the forums over the last months...

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/02/15 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By: andrey12345
Click download icon and use GamersGate installer. It does all job.

I did that a few times, and it failed each time. The installer just downloaded the files and then quietly shut itself down without initiating an install sequence.
Posted By: paf_eaf310

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/02/15 08:42 PM

Maybe your anti-virus is blocking it? All worked fine here, just after download the installation started automatically.

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/02/15 09:22 PM

It worked on the 4th try, no idea why, but not complaining either! smile2

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/02/15 09:24 PM

I did that a few times, and it failed each time. The installer just downloaded the files and then quietly shut itself down without initiating an install sequence.

1) You download installer (.exe file)
2) Save it
3) Start it (this .exe)
4) It download game files (takes a long time with progress bar)
5) And after that nothing happens?

Its right?
Posted By: BadKarma1001

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/02/15 09:34 PM

Wanted to buy it but canīt finalize my purchase using paypal, will try again tomorrow!

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/03/15 12:07 AM

2) Save it
3) Start it (this .exe)

Its right?

That was right. Fourth try was fine. No idea why, nothing changed otherwise.
Posted By: speck01

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/03/15 04:25 AM

Great, thanks for doing this!

Anyone else getting crazy graphics if aa is enabled? (nvidia)
Posted By: FlashBurn

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/03/15 05:59 AM

Originally Posted By: speck01

All gravi games hate force AA on. It has its own way to do this built into the game and over riding those setting gets the fuzzy bad drug trip.

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/03/15 06:56 AM

Please read game manual (docs\support\01_tank_manual.pdf) page 6, chap 1.3.

I strongly recommend to turn off all the bugs and glitches "features" that video card manufacturers offer in their drivers smile.

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/03/15 06:58 AM

2) Save it
3) Start it (this .exe)

Its right?

That was right. Fourth try was fine. No idea why, nothing changed otherwise.

May be antivirus software or UAC?
Maybe need to access as an administrator?

P.S. Look where it unzip files and try to run it manually?
Posted By: speck01

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/03/15 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: FlashBurn

All gravi games hate force AA on. It has its own way to do this built into the game and over riding those setting gets the fuzzy bad drug trip.

cool, thanks - I had forgotten about that (same thing happens in steel fury, right?)
Posted By: franx

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/05/15 11:13 AM

I had the earlier version of SABOW from GamersGate. I deleted it when the new version came out. But each time I try to download the new version, my AVG anti-virus software pops up a warning of the Win32/Heur virus.

Anybody else getting this response? Is it a false positive?

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/05/15 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: franx
I had the earlier version of SABOW from GamersGate. I deleted it when the new version came out. But each time I try to download the new version, my AVG anti-virus software pops up a warning of the Win32/Heur virus.

Anybody else getting this response? Is it a false positive?

It's quite common case for such programs as funky antiviruses.
Posted By: Lipfert

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/05/15 03:33 PM

Howdy,

Damn, blew up Graviteam Tactics install as it installed right over it. Now I have to remember how I got the thing installed in the first place for both of them.

I think this took a long time, if I remember correctly. Any advice would be appreciated.

S!

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/05/15 04:17 PM

I strongly apologize for this. There was an error in the setup configuration that wasn't noticed. The corrected setup files will be uploaded on GamersGate in few days. Until then check the installation path to not point to the GTOS path.
Posted By: franx

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/05/15 04:36 PM

Yeah, I did more research, and the Win32/Heur warning has been common with AVG regarding GamersGate downloads since at least 2011. It's a false positive.

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/07/15 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Krabb
The corrected setup files will be uploaded on GamersGate in few days.

New setup is now on GamersGate.

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/09/15 10:49 AM

What is the latest version currently? My GG version says 5.81 but someone on the Steam forum says 5.82 is the latest. I only downloaded it a few days ago. I don't see a patch on GG so do I have to re-download it again?

Do I even need to have the latest version,didn't it just fix the install path error?

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/09/15 12:30 PM

Its being patched almost daily as the feature list grows and bugs removed. If its working for you IMO dont worry about it. The largest NEW thing is the free camera on deployment phase. Which is AWESOME. As far as what half the people say on steam....a lot is crazy.

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/09/15 12:43 PM

Yeah,I really ought to stop frequenting the Steam forums.There are a lot of idiots on there but I see you know that smash

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/09/15 12:44 PM

steam version is V5.81 2413.

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/09/15 12:45 PM

Gamersgate might be 1 small step ahead. Might be the same. Both are being patched daily practically.

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/09/15 01:11 PM

My GG version is 5.81 (2398). I'll wait for some official news rather than just re-download it again on the off chance it's a later version.
Posted By: Asid

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/09/15 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Chucky
My GG version is 5.81 (2398). I'll wait for some official news rather than just re-download it again on the off chance it's a later version.

Hi Chucky

The latest installer is out on Gamers Gate. You need to redownload once you have logged in.

Latest Installer version: 2410

Regards

www.dogsofwarvu.com

Re: SABOW rerelease on GamersGate - 03/09/15 03:56 PM

Thanks Asid thumbsup
Posted By: Xambrium

Re: SABOW march15 patch is up! - 03/14/15 01:35 PM

On gamersgate is a new patch up for sabow, i dont know which version vs. steam this is:
http://patches.gamersgate.com/DD-SABW/sabow_mar15_patch_eng.rar

have fun! tanksalot
Posted By: markl

Re: SABOW march15 patch is up! - 03/20/15 10:37 AM

Purchased it tonight, trying to find some operational stage tutorials while it downloads but can not seem to find any. Does anyone know of any operational stage tutorials for Graviteam games? I gather this stage is common to all games.

Regards

Re: SABOW march15 patch is up! - 03/20/15 11:26 AM

SO the game goes big fat map. Make you moves, add/swap out things from the platoons. Attack something or whatever. Hit clock. The AI makes its move. Click on battle...flaming icon. That is pretty much it. Supply and repair troops need to be somewhat close on the OP map to do their thing. Ya.. that's about it.

Yes it common to GTOS and SABOW.

Except in SABOW on the set up screen it starts in a map mode. Which use to be the only way to set up your forces. Now hit f10 and you get a free roam camera which makes all that a lot easier. It is the same as GTOS now on that front.

It really is not hard. Standard kind of combat mission, theater of war etc sort of set up. The tools and icons for the tools look about the same too. The right panel of the UI is a bit different. Just use roll overs and it sort of tells you what it does.
Posted By: markl

Re: SABOW march15 patch is up! - 03/21/15 05:06 AM

Originally Posted By: FlashBurn

It really is not hard. Standard kind of combat mission, theater of war etc sort of set up. The tools and icons for the tools look about the same too. The right panel of the UI is a bit different. Just use roll overs and it sort of tells you what it does.

The only other war games I have really played are the original combat mission games CMBO to CMAK.
I did try operation star but found it a bit hard, but I have always wanted to play a tank sim, so will give this one a go tomorrow. After watching a few youtube videos it looks really intresting. Not sure but I think if the publisher put a biy more effort into the manuals and proper tutorials these games would sell a lot more.

Cheers MarkL

Re: SABOW march15 patch is up! - 03/21/15 05:18 AM

Publishers are now OUT of the picture. They totally dropped the ball with this release. Game was probably released in a late alpha stage by them. Not all the features where in it. Despite that... it was pretty good IMO. But that is all in the rear view mirror. Its now solely in the developers hands. And its getting more features added in. Might be more or less complete by the end of the month. Which then maybe DLC's? Well I can hope right?

But be warned, this is a lot like GTOS with a tank sim slapped in. Although it plays a bit different. And of course, tanks... But alot of the core is the same. Same way to boss infantry around. Same way to call arty. Same way to call air strikes. Most default setting and campaign you ONLY have to worry about your tanks. But you can also in settings take over all forces. Although they take a HUGE penalty to experience if you do. Been playing Iraq in the IRan Iraq war campaign. And set up player controls AI. And I got a butt load of level 20 experience infantry. LOL, they are not vary good! But at least I can order them around. I like that feature. But would just learn the tanks when starting.

The manual has been updated since the old version.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums