homepage

Congrats on getting the game up on Steam

Posted By: mugwump

Congrats on getting the game up on Steam - 02/12/14 12:42 AM

Hope this sees a lot more revenue for you guys.
Posted By: FlashBurn

Re: Congrats on getting the game up on Steam - 02/12/14 12:48 AM

YA I got a pm from Andrey with a link and was like what the hell.

OMG this is great. This could provide a steady revenue stream for them.

This is VARY VARY VARYGOOD>
Posted By: rostov

Re: Congrats on getting the game up on Steam - 02/12/14 02:52 AM

Big news!

But where are those DLC on Steam?

Another question, I brought GTOS and some DLCs on Gamesgate, if I buy other DLCs on Steam, how can I play them on my GTOS of Gamers version?
Posted By: hunsnotdead

Re: Congrats on getting the game up on Steam - 02/12/14 03:48 AM

Oh yes, yes, yes, thank you! Finally a Steam release! notworthy

And its released by Strategy First.. THAT Strategy First who doesnt really want to pay its developers.
That Strategy First that hasnt updated the GTOS and DLC version available on its storefront possibly due to contract fkups, or maybe out of sheer ignorance. Also they only have license to sell the first two GTOS DLCs.

Idont know what to think of this. It should be good news, but i would have preferred a self publishing model, like Graviteam has with Gamersgate. Im afraid updates will be lacking, DLC wont be included on Steam(though thats not the biggest issue since Achtung Panzer/GTOS is DRM free, we can just copy-paste the Gamersgate DLC files), and Strategy First wont pay full royalties to Graviteam.
darkcloud

Btw heres a link to the GTOS Steam page.

Re: Congrats on getting the game up on Steam - 02/12/14 06:24 AM

indeed... question marks abound.
Posted By: rostov

Re: Congrats on getting the game up on Steam - 02/12/14 06:46 AM

Originally Posted By: FlashBurn
indeed... question marks abound.

I agree, @Andrey12345

Re: Congrats on getting the game up on Steam - 02/12/14 07:14 AM

Well lets NOT assume the worst. The game is using the GTOS NOT strat first APOS title. And the pm I got from Andrey was nothing negative. Well was just a link. Also Strategy first did publish old T72 Balkins on fire in the west. It might all be good. Gawd I hope so.

ALso want to point out that GTOS is nearing the end of its produce cycle. MIUS is coming. =). IF gtos gets traction on steam that might REALLY help mius. That is, maybe IT could get onto steam in a direct sort of way.

Well I am trying to be MR. helpful on the steam forums now. I am going to assume the best. I may just buy a steam copy I am REALLY curious what version this is.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: Congrats on getting the game up on Steam - 02/12/14 01:34 PM

Will I be able to migrate my version to Steam I wonder,although I'm not too sure that I would want to.
Posted By: andrey12345

Re: Congrats on getting the game up on Steam - 02/12/14 04:59 PM

1) Steam version is from Startegy First publisher, not Graviteam itself
2) Probably (I hope) the same as GG version w/o dec13a patch.
3) I hope standard game updater still works...
4) We dont have a Steam version from Steam now and dont see what is it.

Re: Congrats on getting the game up on Steam - 02/12/14 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: hunsnotdead
Oh yes, yes, yes, thank you! Finally a Steam release! notworthy

And its released by Strategy First.. THAT Strategy First who doesnt really want to pay its developers.
That Strategy First that hasnt updated the GTOS and DLC version available on its storefront possibly due to contract fkups, or maybe out of sheer ignorance. Also they only have license to sell the first two GTOS DLCs.

Idont know what to think of this. It should be good news, but i would have preferred a self publishing model, like Graviteam has with Gamersgate. Im afraid updates will be lacking, DLC wont be included on Steam(though thats not the biggest issue since Achtung Panzer/GTOS is DRM free, we can just copy-paste the Gamersgate DLC files), and Strategy First wont pay full royalties to Graviteam.
darkcloud

Btw heres a link to the GTOS Steam page.

Yet we do not know, this is not an article about us. How will look closer to the summer, there is no reason for concern.

We have become accustomed to that foreign publishers have difficulty dancinfools
Posted By: Sim

Re: Congrats on getting the game up on Steam - 02/12/14 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: andrey12345
1) Steam version is from Startegy First publisher, not Graviteam itself
2) Probably (I hope) the same as GG version w/o dec13a patch.
3) I hope standard game updater still works...
4) We dont have a Steam version from Steam now and dont see what is it.

Dear mother of god...
Posted By: mugwump

Re: Congrats on getting the game up on Steam - 02/12/14 06:42 PM

Well hell.....that's disheartening.

Re: Congrats on getting the game up on Steam - 02/12/14 07:32 PM

It may all pan out.. Who knows! But what the hell is with publishers these days?
Posted By: Sim

Re: Congrats on getting the game up on Steam - 02/12/14 07:49 PM

It may all pan out.. Who knows! But what the hell is with publishers these days?

I wonder if developer gets a cut....or its best to continue to use gamersgate? I love to use steam for ease of access..but like to support people that make game, not nameless publishers.

Re: Congrats on getting the game up on Steam - 02/12/14 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Sim

I wonder if developer gets a cut....or its best to continue to use gamersgate? I love to use steam for ease of access..but like to support people that make game, not nameless publishers.

I dont know. I hope, and probably it is - GG and Steam have the same version.

Game updater from game allow to patch and install anything anyway boing . I hope that the difference will not be.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums